Are we to believe the reports that Britney reportedly has no plans to perform ever again?

There's a new report floating around claiming performing is the last thing on Britney's mind. Some people around her believe she may never hit the stage again.

TMZ is the origin of this rumor. They claim sources who have toured with Britney - people who may have helped set up the tour - claim she may never perform again. It's important we don't let TMZ run the narrative.

Interestingly, in 2019, Britney's former manager, Larry Rudolph, told TMZ Britney may never perform again. He was quoted at the time saying: "it's clear to me she should not be going back to do this Vegas residency, not in the near future and possibly never again."

He also said this (which didn't age well): "It was the perfect storm. We had to pull her show because her meds stopped working and she was distraught over her dad's illness... Last summer, when she wanted to tour, she called me every day. She was excited."

We now know Britney was given medication she did not want to take because it severely altered her cognitive abilities - it was a punishment for trying to call the shots. She also felt like that tour was forced upon her.

TMZ includes Larry's name in the last sentence of this new report. It's not clear if he's their source, but it is sus. 

Two years ago when asked about this same rumor, Britney said "of course" she'll perform again. Ultimately, it's up to her to decide if she wants to or not (not sources via TMZ). 

Reporting by @Jordan Miller

perf.jpg.d646d8553d71147a3ca67a24e6e32698.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, NotBuyingIt said:

Good - if that’s what SHE wants. I will support whatever she desired. Jayden said on his livestream back in 2019 that she told him she may quit.

She wants to get married and have more kids. She’s 40, which is still young, but she wants to actually live the life that was stolen from her from ages 26 - 39.

I’m fantasizing about her regular life with Sam and semi Persian babies in some suburb :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

• Love 3

It's her prerogative if she wants to do anything, and it should have always been that way, no matter how pearl grabby TMZ want that to seem.

Frankly, as far as I'm aware, Britney might not have her father above her, but no one has been fired meaning that for the time being the people in place and people she never choose, I think its become very clear that TMZ have a source related to Management that give them exclusives, and Britney made it clear she hates them.

Britney has always said she was refusing to work as long as her father was in place, and she also said she takes what she does very seriously, and for the time being, 100% is something she can't give her career unless she chooses to do so.

I'd love to see her one last time, but Free Britney was never about getting Rebellion and the return of Onyx Hotel level dance breaks, it was about autonomy and choice. If Britney retires, then we've done exactly what we set out to do. If Britney goes to Vegas, then we've done exactly what we've set out to do as long as it is her decision.

• Love 4

TMZ: she’s done performing

Larry: she’s done performing 

tour staff: she’s done performing 

us: she’s probably gonna perform again :orangu_orangutan_ape:

I mean she deserves whatever she wants. I do hope one day she’ll change her mind or at least still release music. But as long as it’s her decisions I’m happy for her. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 5

Good for her if that is the case. I'm happy aslong as she is happy!

Ofcourse i'd love her to perform again one day but that shouldn't be a priority. She should enjoy her life, trying new things, being independent, getting married and having more children should she wish to do so :)

• Love 2