Adele is coming: '30' posters begin popping up around the world, updates her social media pages

3 hours ago, Anitta Elusive Chanteuse said:

Honestly the “healthy/seksy at any size” movement has to die or at least be real as to what it is, overweight people too lazy or gluttonous to shift the weight who are bitter/mad at those who can.

Its easier to blame everyone but themselves.Body Bbw GIF by The Maury Show

• Like 4
2 hours ago, kdub87 said:

Honestly the “healthy/seksy at any size” movement has to die or at least be real as to what it is, overweight people too lazy or gluttonous to shift the weight who are bitter/mad at those who can.

Its easier to blame everyone but themselves.Body Bbw GIF by The Maury Show

So Adele losing weight isn’t fat phobia, just to clarify…. But this comment is in fact fatphobic. Do better. 

1 hour ago, Rik said:

So Adele losing weight isn’t fat phobia, just to clarify…. But this comment is in fact fatphobic. Do better. 

I do better by not clowning morbidly obese people into thinking they’re “healthy at any size” or that it’s attractive. There’s nothing more blatantly insincere than the fake hyping up of grossly overweight people I see all the time online, we know it’s not sincerity, it’s pity.

The simple fact is no one wants to be that way, and no one should be ‘proud’ to be that way. Maybe take that pride and invest it in taking care of yourself and your health instead?

We don’t hype up anorexia, we shouldn’t do it for morbid obesity either but please, feel free to placate whoever you want however you see fit. I couldn’t care less about what people do with their own body, but let’s at least be real.
These fat activists wanna rage on women who lose weight or practice healthy living and call them “fat phobic” when the truth is they’re just angry that they don’t have the wherewithal to do it themselves. 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, kdub87 said:

I do better by not clowning morbidly obese people into thinking they’re “healthy at any size” or that it’s attractive. T

Some people genuinely struggle to lose weight and cannot because they were born large or have an actual health problem, I.e a hormonal one, which prevents them from losing weight no matter how hard they try. Genetics are another huge factor.

Access and affordability of healthier foods is another factor 

The simple fact is no one wants to be that way, and no one should be ‘proud’ to be that way. 

The fact that some people genuinely have been made to feel like this if they are above a conventional standard is of course why there is a need to feel pride. If you can’t change something, or have been shat on your whole life for appearing a certain way, or have been rejected from jobs or beaten up for being fat, why can’t you embrace who you are? There’s absolutely nothing wrong in that. And there’s nothing wrong with loving yourself in spite of what people say. There’s nothing wrong with reclaiming your struggle 

We don’t hype up anorexia,

The 2000s ideal body type was quite literally all about being skinnier. To the point where so many were (and still do) starve themselves. And you know how I know you are ignorant on this topic? Because you fail to recognize (or at least acknowledge) that you can be obese and anorexic. 

I couldn’t care less about what people do with their own body, but let’s at least be real.

Ok but u clearly do care about what people do with their bodies otherwise u wouldn’t be talking all this **** 

3 hours ago, PeterPaul said:

I saw on Twitter that her best friend Jedidiah Jenkins likes some of these posts. Also, her website is down (for some people at least, actually works for me):

https://adele.com

Bonus: if you scroll all the way down it says 2021 Sony copyright.

So…

I went on her website and it still has her Wembley Stadium cancellation statement from 2017 :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Rik said:

Some people genuinely struggle to lose weight and cannot because they were born large or have an actual health problem, I.e a hormonal one, which prevents them from losing weight no matter how hard they try. Genetics are another huge factor.

Access and affordability of healthier foods is another factor

I’m a qualified fitness instructor and practiced for almost a decade so I’ve heard every excuse in the book. I’m sorry but it’s physiologically impossible to be unable to lose weight, don’t be silly. You’re body can’t run on air, consume less calories than you expend and your body will use its fat stores as energy, I can’t break it down any more than that for you.
Healthy food isn’t expensive either, have you seen how many fruits and vegetables you can get for the price of a Wendy’s combo? It’s just that unhealthy food is cheap too but also requires less effort (i.e no prep/cooking/cleaning) so of course it’s more attractive to those who don’t like to exert themselves…

13 hours ago, Rik said:

The fact that some people genuinely have been made to feel like this if they are above a conventional standard is of course why there is a need to feel pride. 

:wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:…huh?

13 hours ago, Rik said:

If you can’t change something

You can though babe, It’s basic science.

13 hours ago, Rik said:

why can’t you embrace who you are? There’s absolutely nothing wrong in that. And there’s nothing wrong with loving yourself in spite of what people say.

Of course you can love yourself, but nourishing your body with healthy food and exercising is real self love. Trying to convince yourself that being obese is healthy and beautiful is self harm. 

Saying that you can be healthy whilst being morbidly obese is just insincere and expecting other people to pander to such ridiculous beliefs is just unreasonable.
The hypocrisy of fat activists that are foaming at the mouth to shout down women like Adele and Rebel Wilson for losing weight and taking care of their health whilst preaching “healthy and beautiful at any size” is a joke. Why aren’t they allowed to be proud and share their passion for switching to a healthy lifestyle? Sounds like jealousy to me.

13 hours ago, Rik said:

The 2000s ideal body type was quite literally all about being skinnier. To the point where so many were (and still do) starve themselves.

Being extremely thin is obviously unhealthy, and it’s detrimental that it was popularized as a beauty ideal. However, are you going to justify hyping up obesity as a response to that? How about acknowledging that both extremes are bad? It’s funny that you will acknowledge people starving themselves to be skinny as detrimental yet defend people that are obese from overeating with a barrage of excuses.

We live in a society now where every individual feels they have to be pandered to and tip toed around to placate their sensitivities. Sorry but some of us live in the real world. Being obese is a choice, it’s also grossly unhealthy. If that hurts your feelings that’s something you’re gonna have to work on as it’s your problem. 

The funny part is, despite my background in fitness education I myself are overweight right now. The difference between me and the crazed fat activists is that I take full ownership of my personal choices. I look terrible, I feel terrible and my health is suffering. And you know what? It’s all my own doing, and frankly I’d be embarrassed to expect people to tell me I’m healthy and look great to try and spare my feelings. People need to grow up and take responsibility for themselves. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block