JoJo’s new EP trying not to think about it, is out now!

14 hours ago, JayTawndre said:

Yaaaasss :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

I'm excited to listen. Unfortunately, I can't do anything without my Mary Jane :cigney_britney_smoking_smoke_lit_light_2007_fur_cigarette:I need the herbal plant to really digest music and get the feel of the lyrics, production and message. I want to truly experience this new JoJo the right way. Love her. 💙

Psssss if you haven't heard Good to Know s-t-o-n-e-d you should. It's an experience for sure. Happy X Factor GIF by X Factor Global

THIS is EXACTLY how I listened to Good to Know the first time <3

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, JayTawndre said:

Oh I thought it was on Agape. Maybe I'm thinking of Andre? That's a bop!

Andre is also on Agape! Honestly agape Who is such a change in her music direction I think. She really embraced full on R&B music and I think that was so incredible

• Love 1
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, JayTawndre said:

Yes this is amazing. Interludes usually are so much better than songs with a lot of artists. I love this one. 

Totally agree. And specifically for her 

you know her interlude Cold that was combined with Honest on Mad Love? I think Cold was much stronger 

And from agape (this was later turned into a full song on Love Jo 2, but I prefer the original and wish she just sang it all raw as she did on Agape)

she didn’t wanna put this out because she felt it was too vulnerable for her and she didn’t love the vocals….. I wonder if that’s the case w all her interludes. Are they too personal?

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Rik said:

Totally agree. And specifically for her 

you know her interlude Cold that was combined with Honest on Mad Love? I think Cold was much stronger 

And from agape (this was later turned into a full song on Love Jo 2, but I prefer the original and wish she just sang it all raw as she did on Agape)

she didn’t wanna put this out because she felt it was too vulnerable for her and she didn’t love the vocals….. I wonder if that’s the case w all her interludes. Are they too personal?

Ill have to give those a listen.

I'm curious what you prefer more: Mad Love or Good to Know? For me, I felt Mad Love is good but I felt it was her trying to be mainstream. It was very Pop imo and she's expressed vocally she's a soul/R&B singer and that's her forté. Good to Know should have won a Grammy imo. It's a solid R&B record. Prob my fave album of hers along with the new EP and The High Road 

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, JayTawndre said:

Ill have to give those a listen.

I'm curious what you prefer more: Mad Love or Good to Know? For me, I felt Mad Love is good but I felt it was her trying to be mainstream. It was very Pop imo and she's expressed vocally she's a soul/R&B singer and that's her forté. Good to Know should have won a Grammy imo. It's a solid R&B record. Prob my fave album of hers along with the new EP and The High Road 

Here’s my honest thoughts on Mad Love, after a long legal battle with Blackground I think she really just wanted to put out a record. While she had the ability to work with bigger names at the time like AlesSia Cara,  Remy Ma and Wiz Khalifa, her new label Atlantic was not doing the best job at givi MF her creative control. 

if you remember, which I know you do based on your comments, she also mentioned wanting to make R&B music for Mad Love (during the sessions for Good to Know), but how the label wanted to push poppier songs. This is likely where songs like Rise, Vibe (which I loved), and High Heels (which I loved) came from. 

when she left Atlantic, they were kind enough to let her because of all that she went through I think. She left because she was able to establish her own imprint, Clover, hence why there’s a clover symbol on Good To Know and the latest project! 
I liked Good to Know but after years of hearing her EPs, I found it to be a bit more commercial (less than Mad Love). 

This EP though, I’m very very very into

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block