Super Bowl halftime show stream + comment party

18 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

I don’t think so

guessing this is Los Angeles I’m assuming a majority have to do with the whole west coast rappers thing 

also Eminem and dr dre have massive hits together 

and dr Dre and snoop do too 

Omfg, I’m so embarrassed ‘cause I was so ready to drag queen latifah but I’m looking better at the poster and it’s actually Mary J. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: 

5 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Tbh if anything it should be maybe snoop Eminem dr Dre 

I feel like they are combining two different ideas here but idek 

Eminem, Dre and Snoop yeah. A perfect match because they got plenty of hits together. But Kendrick? Why him and not Nas? :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
Just now, Style. said:

Omfg, I’m so embarrassed ‘cause I was so ready to drag queen latifah but I’m looking better at the poster and it’s actually Mary J. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: I mean, I was ready to drag queen latifah so bad that I had to check the OP again. 

Eminem, Dre and Snoop yeah. A perfect match because they got plenty of hits together. But Kendrick? Why him and not Nas? :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

HELPEPEPROLDKFKR not queen latifah 
But wait a minute 

why in the hell nas not up there

it better be that nas refused and they picked someone else to fill his spot 

• Haha 1
43 minutes ago, Rik said:

I mean like I see ur point abt drake, but you really have to listen to the quality in his rap. He’s been around for easily a decade and he has produced one of the most successful soundtracks of recent times (Black Panther). not to mention, To Pimp a Butterfly was genuinely such a revolutionary record, not just for the overall production but thelyricism touching on so many social issues relevant to the Black experience was so interesting. 

It makes me nostalgic for my senior year. While I didn’t love Damn, I genuinely think he is easily the best rapper of our current rappers. His lyricism is phenomenal and far more complex than J Cole’s, and quite honestly the production is very sophisticated. 

While I agree that the lineup might be a bit random, so was the 2001 Super Bowl and ended up iconic. I’m excited to see what is brought to the centre stage this half time show. 

I don’t know how they are going to organize this but it should be cool to see. Drake may have been a bit too pop rap for this even though hes of course the most commercial and far more commercial then Kendrick.

Drake is a rap/pop superstar while Kendrick is a rapper rapper. That doesn’t take away the fact that Drake is a good rapper. Kendrick might have some poppy sounds here and there, but the difference between them is huge. 

Most of us think Kendrick doesn’t belong to this group because 

1. He’s from another generation 
  2. Does he have prolific songs linked up with the other three worth performing to the Super Bowl?
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Style. said:

Drake is a rap/pop superstar while Kendrick is a rapper rapper. That doesn’t take away the fact that Drake is a good rapper. Kendrick might have some poppy sounds here and there, but the difference between them is huge. 

Most of us think Kendrick doesn’t belong to this group because 

1. He’s from another generation 
  2. Does he have prolific songs linked up with the other three worth performing to the Super Bowl?

Oh I totally agree! Although I kind of wish they would bring in some more chorus-y acts as guests, beyond Mary. I think he easily could have his own show, but I don’t know how well the audience would respond. If I remember correctly though, beyond Dre and Eminem’s relationship which we all know of (and btw I think Eminem’s music hasn’t aged too well tbh), I don’t think the rest have collabed regularly w one another. 

On that note tho….

Kendrick has the following songs w everyone that are likely to be performed if having a collab song is ever an issue 

Eminem and Kendrick

Now or Never with Mary J Blige 

this is Kendrick with Snoop

i think we should keep an open mind!!!

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Rik said:

Oh I totally agree! Although I kind of wish they would bring in some more chorus-y acts as guests, beyond Mary. I think he easily could have his own show, but I don’t know how well the audience would respond. If I remember correctly though, beyond Dre and Eminem’s relationship which we all know of (and btw I think Eminem’s music hasn’t aged too well tbh), I don’t think the rest have collabed regularly w one another. 

On that note tho….

Kendrick has the following songs w everyone that are likely to be performed if having a collab song is ever an issue 

Eminem and Kendrick

Now or Never with Mary J Blige 

this is Kendrick with Snoop

i think we should keep an open mind!!!

You made several points, but are these songs known by masses? I mean, here we’re talking about a huge amount of people that will tune in for the show, not only Kendrick’s fans. Anyway, I’m not against it, I’m just curious how things will work out. 

+ let’s hope there will be some guests. :emma:

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Style. said:

You made several points, but are these songs known by masses? I mean, here we’re talking about a huge amount of people that will tune in for the show, not only Kendrick’s fans. Anyway, I’m not against it, I’m just curious how things will work out. 

+ let’s hope there will be some guests. :emma:

No ur so right tho…. these aren’t that known to the GP :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block