FreeBritney Movement has a Wikipedia Page đŸ„ș

Moscow

3 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

It appears to me you love to drag BH. I think it's important you ask yourself why you post here if you aren't a big fan of this community? I don't say this often, but please feel free to log out. 

yeah i second this. if you aren't a fan of BH or Jordan, maybe find another platform to interact with? xo

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Jon Bellion said:

No. The podcast blew up on Twitter. And some random Exhaler reposted it here. Exhale was dead back then, how could it even make any noise? 

The thread is literally the biggest thread in Exhale's history. It's got thousands of replies and more than 2.6 MILLION views. 

For comparison the "biggest" hit threads that follow it have barely managed to get 200 - 300k views. So all those views were coming from people in the outside. 

Yeah, the voicemail may have made some noise on social media, but it got a lot more attention after shared in here, and independently of that, the voicemail itself didn't provide any concrete information. What followed that was active users in here digging up the court documents, dates, old media reports, information about who was Lou Taylor, Andrew Wallet, we had conservatorship abuse activists joining the forum and shedding more light on the judge Reva Goetz, and what the law actually said about the conservatorship and what was the procedure they should've followed with Britney but didn't, etc. 

That mega thread was a huge source of information for all those accounts that started spreading the word on social media, before people like the Surprise Witness or Lawyers of Britney or whatever joined the movement a year later. And not just the fans, but we literally had TMZ articles everyday that seem to be responding to whatever we were commenting on that thread. 

That thread was very active throughout 2019, basically the 99% of the site's activity was there, and it wasn't until October or so, that it died out, when the hearings kept getting delayed, and then because Jordan changed the site to the BH Community, but it came back in 2020 with Jayden's video I think. 

So yeah, it's very easy to just look at social media, and completely ignore everything that was happening here, but the numbers don't lie. And as I said, even when it comes to the initial #freebritney Twitter campaigns, many of them were organized in here at the very beginning. And when the hashtag was shadowbanned, it was in here that we were coming up with new hashtags. Yeah, someone may have started the idea on Twitter, but things will spread to all the people following that thread. 

So even if later the movement got its own life on social media, I think it's unfair to dismiss the importance that Exhale had at the beginning of it, and it's also unfair not to recognize Jordan's contribution, whether he started the movement in 2019 or not, he set a precedent 10 years prior, and just by providing us with this space here, he did a lot, in a time when fans were getting sued left and right, accounts were getting suspended on social media, even the guy from the other forum Absolute Britney got sued, and Jordan himself received cease and desists, but Exhale remained open and active at every moment. It's very unfair to reduce all his participation to one mistake, a bad joke of his, which wasn't even related or promoted with the movement. 

• Love 2
  • Leader
11 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

The thread is literally the biggest thread in Exhale's history. It's got thousands of replies and more than 2.6 MILLION views. 

For comparison the "biggest" hit threads that follow it have barely managed to get 200 - 300k views. So all those views were coming from people in the outside. 

Yeah, the voicemail may have made some noise on social media, but it got a lot more attention after shared in here, and independently of that, the voicemail itself didn't provide any concrete information. What followed that was active users in here digging up the court documents, dates, old media reports, information about who was Lou Taylor, Andrew Wallet, we had conservatorship abuse activists joining the forum and shedding more light on the judge Reva Goetz, and what the law actually said about the conservatorship and what was the procedure they should've followed with Britney but didn't, etc. 

That mega thread was a huge source of information for all those accounts that started spreading the word on social media, before people like the Surprise Witness or Lawyers of Britney or whatever joined the movement a year later. And not just the fans, but we literally had TMZ articles everyday that seem to be responding to whatever we were commenting on that thread. 

That thread was very active throughout 2019, basically the 99% of the site's activity was there, and it wasn't until October or so, that it died out, when the hearings kept getting delayed, and then because Jordan changed the site to the BH Community, but it came back in 2020 with Jayden's video I think. 

So yeah, it's very easy to just look at social media, and completely ignore everything that was happening here, but the numbers don't lie. And as I said, even when it comes to the initial #freebritney Twitter campaigns, many of them were organized in here at the very beginning. And when the hashtag was shadowbanned, it was in here that we were coming up with new hashtags. Yeah, someone may have started the idea on Twitter, but things will spread to all the people following that thread. 

So even if later the movement got its own life on social media, I think it's unfair to dismiss the importance that Exhale had at the beginning of it, and it's also unfair not to recognize Jordan's contribution, whether he started the movement in 2019 or not, he set a precedent 10 years prior, and just by providing us with this space here, he did a lot, in a time when fans were getting sued left and right, accounts were getting suspended on social media, even the guy from the other forum Absolute Britney got sued, and Jordan himself received cease and desists, but Exhale remained open and active at every moment. It's very unfair to reduce all his participation to one mistake, a bad joke of his, which wasn't even related or promoted with the movement. 

Damn I cannot thank you enough for this comment. I really appreciate it. I literally got chills

I actually haven't been able to articulate what went down like this. Some of it kinda slipped my mind until you just laid it out like that. 

---

When I look back on everything, I feel so damn proud of BreatheHeavy and the community of people. In my heart I personally feel like BreatheHeavy was one of the first places, if not the first, to knock over the first domino of Free Britney. I know there's many who would disagree, and I wouldn't take that away from them. Honestly, to each their own. This is just my own perspective from reporting everything Britney-related starting in 2004 up until the conservatorship was put in place (and afterward of course). And that doesn't mean the work that people have done in recent years is less than. It's equal. I see all fans as equals. I want people to know I have crazy respect for everyone contributing. 

If people like Jon Bellion want to paint a different picture than how I see things, go for it. That doesn't make it right, nor is my perspective "right." It's just how I see things, and hopefully it's not warped (and is accurate). But that's not for me to decide!

• Love 1
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Damn I cannot thank you enough for this comment. I really appreciate it. I literally got chills

I actually haven't been able to articulate what went down like this. Some of it kinda slipped my mind until you just laid it out like that. 

---

When I look back on everything, I feel so damn proud of BreatheHeavy and the community of people. In my heart I personally feel like BreatheHeavy was one of the first places, if not the first, to knock over the first domino of Free Britney. I know there's many who would disagree, and I wouldn't take that away from them. Honestly, to each their own. This is just my own perspective from reporting everything Britney-related starting in 2004 up until the conservatorship was put in place (and afterward of course). And that doesn't mean the work that people have done in recent years is less than. It's equal. I see all fans as equals. I want people to know I have crazy respect for everyone contributing. 

If people like Jon Bellion want to paint a different picture than how I see things, go for it. That doesn't make it right, nor is my perspective "right." It's just how I see things, and hopefully it's not warped (and is accurate). But that's not for me to decide!

I love you Jordy Valentines Day Love GIF

• Love 1