Christina Aguilera Talks Releasing New Music and Reconnecting With Her Spanish Roots

Xxxpose

When is Christina Aguilera’s Spanish album coming out? Details on the release date.

The people (on Twitter) have spoken, and they are desperate for a new Xtina album. And three years after the release of “Liberation,” Christina is giving them exactly that. In February of 2021, the “Dirrty” singer took a month-long business trip to Miami to work on her album and returned home with a body of work that pays homage to her Hispanic heritage.

The singer released her first Latin Grammy award-winning Spanish album in 2000, and although “Mi Reflejo” was wildly successful, Christina says that she’s coming from “a deeper and more experienced place” in her new music, which is coming sooner than we think.

“The pandemic kind of slowed things down last year. But I’m so happy to be releasing it this year,” Christina told Distractify exclusively. “We actually came out of that month with a surplus of so much material that we actually decided to release it in increments.”

In the past, Christina has been open about her the verbal and physical abuse she suffered as a child at the hands of her Ecuadorian father. But her connection to her Spanish heritage remains intact.

Christina Aguilera talks reconnecting with her roots during Hispanic Heritage Month.

According to Christina, ahead of her parents’ divorce, she was immersed in Spanish culture thanks to her paternal grandparents. For Christina, returning to Miami to work on her latest project was a much-needed homecoming.

“There’s nothing like Latin love, and it’s so reminiscent for me to be around the language being spoken. It’s very nostalgic for me. It reminds me of my childhood,” Christina explained. “It didn’t feel like it was business. It felt like it was just a labor of love.”

• Love 2
"I came out of Miami with so much new material and things that I love," she said. "We're going to spread the music out — like six different songs released within, you know, throughout the next year. So there will be new material consistently added.

Indeed, Aguilera has actually been working on two albums simultaneously, the other sung in English.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I can’t wait!! I hope she promotes it though. I know she doesn’t like todo all the bs stuff however the majority of the public don’t know she’s released anything if she doesn’t promote it well. 

her low chart positions have nothing todo with the quality of her music it’s simply because hardly anyone knows about it (general public) unless you follow her. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Xxxpose said:

She is sayin she already shot 2 music videos coming this fall, she ll realese the album in 6 song increments every few months

Im confused sorry. Does this mean she’ll release EPs (kinda) with 6 songs each, every few months? Either way I’m so excited cause Xtina is a genius. I listen to Stripped and Back To Basics all the time.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, ROL said:

Im confused sorry. Does this mean she’ll release EPs (kinda) with 6 songs each, every few months? Either way I’m so excited cause Xtina is a genius. I listen to Stripped and Back To Basics all the time.

I think 6 singles and then the album is what she means. I’m wondering if she means English and Spanish songs though. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block