The Brilliant Legal Mind of Mathew Rosengart

I honestly feel like any lawyer who wants to do the right thing could have taken on team con at this point because con got so used to things going their way. So when someone finally pushed back, they got scared and lost their footing. Rosengart pushed the one domino to make them all fall. She just need someone to fight for her, and she finally got it!

• Love 8
  • Like 1

Mathew Rosengart is an angel & saved Britney's life....I also hope that Britney can qualify for witness protection if there is a criminal investigation as he possibly alluded to this evening in talking to the press.  I am so happy for her, but, I am concerned for her safety. What do you  guys think?

• Love 3
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, Avasmom43 said:

Mathew Rosengart is an angel & saved Britney's life....I also hope that Britney can qualify for witness protection if there is a criminal investigation as he possibly alluded to this evening in talking to the press.  I am so happy for her, but, I am concerned for her safety. What do you  guys think?

I feel the same. 

• Super Mods

I appreciate that he was able to look past the conservatorship as a “family matter” and see it as an incredible failing of probate code/trust, estate and conservatorship laws. He didn’t take Jamie and companies word at face value; probably through his training as a federal prosecutor, he saw through all of that to identify the heart of the matter. He saw corruption, negligence, and a whole host of issues that he knew he could fight against.

He and his legal team were able to utilize the law to their benefit to identify how Jamie could not fulfill his fiduciary or legal responsibilities appropriately. And to point to how the conservatorship no longer (and never had) served Britney’s best interest. I think he appealed to a higher sense of justice and urgency than any one of those lawyers on Team Con, and probably Judge Brenda Penny, had seen or experienced in this case. Again, he never painted this as a family matter; he rightly identified that this was a miscarriage of justice and basically made anyone who supported the conservatorship beyond its legitimacy look like they were only in it for their own gain or ego.

And he smartly leveraged public opinion to his/Britney’s favor. He never made cheap shots or made this a media circus. Rather, he simply knew that if he communicated what Britney truly wanted, that the public would be on their side.

So making smart legal arguments and having an engaged public definitely were a benefit. I cannot wait to see how he and Britney move forward in these next months. 

• Love 7

the same as ingham but successful and probably less expensive

get a litigation team to get jamie out, put a cpa or finance expert in the estate cship to audit the accountings, terminate.

the difference is that britney cut out the middle man by hiring a litigator as her only lawyer. plus she probably gets a civil case. and a criminal one!! for free

it kinda just shows probate and estate planning attorneys are ZZZZZZzzzz...

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
16 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

I appreciate that he was able to look past the conservatorship as a “family matter” and see it as an incredible failing of probate code/trust, estate and conservatorship laws. He didn’t take Jamie and companies word at face value; probably through his training as a federal prosecutor, he saw through all of that to identify the heart of the matter. He saw corruption, negligence, and a whole host of issues that he knew he could fight against.

He and his legal team were able to utilize the law to their benefit to identify how Jamie could not fulfill his fiduciary or legal responsibilities appropriately. And to point to how the conservatorship no longer (and never had) served Britney’s best interest. I think he appealed to a higher sense of justice and urgency than any one of those lawyers on Team Con, and probably Judge Brenda Penny, had seen or experienced in this case. Again, he never painted this as a family matter; he rightly identified that this was a miscarriage of justice and basically made anyone who supported the conservatorship beyond its legitimacy look like they were only in it for their own gain or ego.

And he smartly leveraged public opinion to his/Britney’s favor. He never made cheap shots or made this a media circus. Rather, he simply knew that if he communicated what Britney truly wanted, that the public would be on their side.

So making smart legal arguments and having an engaged public definitely were a benefit. I cannot wait to see how he and Britney move forward in these next months. 

On second thought, you could argue that conservatorship law operated as intended in this case, as evidenced by the countless other guardianships/conservatorships that are in place across the US. Maybe Rosengart was successful in pointing out the deprivation of political/civil rights that conservatorship law imposed on Britney? Along with laying out the obvious incompetence of and violation of the law being done by Jamie Spears and company.

In his press briefing today, he said the U.S. Congress and California Legislature have the means to enact meaningful reforms to the law.

I’m no legal studies scholar or lawyer, so maybe I’m way off in both my posts lol :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

I actually feel like this was an easy case for him because it was crystal clear the corruption that was happening. However he knew to come hard so he could expedite the process. I’d love to know how Britney found out about him or who referred him to her because he really is a top notch lawyer. He did in 3 months was Sam couldn’t and was too lazy to do in 13 years. I want him to stay with her for as long as humanly possible. He has the best intentions of any celebrity attorney I’ve ever seen and HE DOESNT PLAY ANY GAMES. PERIODT. 

• Like 2

They need to sue the state of California for allowing this to happen!!!! Yes, be mad at Jamie. But how many doctors, lawyers, nurses, judges PROFESSIONAL people involved with this!!! When they should’ve known better!! They literally went to school to do this. They should all lose their licenses to practice to allow this atrocity to happen. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, Applejack said:

the same as ingham but successful and probably less expensive

get a litigation team to get jamie out, put a cpa or finance expert in the estate cship to audit the accountings, terminate.

the difference is that britney cut out the middle man by hiring a litigator as her only lawyer. plus she probably gets a civil case. and a criminal one!! for free

it kinda just shows probate and estate planning attorneys are ZZZZZZzzzz...

Ah, this is why I was holding out hope for Ingham until the last second!

He was trying to get Jamie out and then put Bessemer Trust in his place so they could audit, and then terminate.

Ingham really was dragging his feet...But now that we know that Jamie had surveillance on him, it makes sense as to why.