I can't Listen Anymore..

Yanal

Hello everyone , i want to share a topic for maybe the first time in 14 years.. The recent documentaries have made me very sad and worn out.. Unfortunately , i haven't been able to listen to her songs anymore. Does anyone feel like me??  I don't know why , but it's breaks my heart. I've never been a drama queen in my entire life , but this situation has made me miserable. I wanted to just share with you.. There is no one around me with whom i can share intense feelings.. so. Love to everyone from the other side of the world. Keep safe. 

• Love 4
  • Like 2

yeah it happened to me after the #boycottthebrand campaign started... i didn't want to give money to team CON until i know for a fact it's going directly to britney.

i still listen to the cds after buying an old cd player :eyes_britney_laugh: but i can't listen to songs released after 08. i feel like she was forced to record them and i don't feel comfortable. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I've been there when her testimony came out and I couldn't function for like a week. I wasn't talking to anybody and my head was not there be it work or anywhere, I stopped listening to her for a while but a month back I listened to BOMT album in full and I realised her songs made my childhood I do listen to her all the time shuffling in between and she always has been my workout jam but I feel you! 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Yanal said:

Hello everyone , i want to share a topic for maybe the first time in 14 years.. The recent documentaries have made me very sad and worn out.. Unfortunately , i haven't been able to listen to her songs anymore. Does anyone feel like me??  I don't know why , but it's breaks my heart. I've never been a drama queen in my entire life , but this situation has made me miserable. I wanted to just share with you.. There is no one around me with whom i can share intense feelings.. so. Love to everyone from the other side of the world. Keep safe. 

You're not being a drama queen. I've mentioned throughout my times on this forum that I really enjoy Falco's music and I do realize the comparison between Britney and Falco are probably as bat**** as one can get.

I sincerely doubt Falco was ever clean for very long throughout his career. Talking about ***** and alcohol. I still cringe if I accidentally see a picture of the car he was in when he died because his driver side took full impact of the bus. I think I can still enjoy Falco's music is because he truly brought me crumbs of peace in my life. I love music but I'd definitely single this guy out if I had to name only one person. The guy might've been ****ed up a lot of the time but I truly got the feeling he wanted to keep recording stuff. Nobody was forcing him to get out there and put out albums and tour. I think he did what he wanted. He had that freedom.

Britney didn't have freedom. All during this c-ship's been in place: How many times did Britney record songs she hated, albums she hated, did tours she didn't want to do? You're being sensitive to that. It does suck a lot of joy out when you find out the musician is being treated like a wind up toy and being manipulated beyond belief. You record this album or you're gonna get punished. You do this tour or you're gonna get punished. You do this or you're gonna get punished. You do that or you're gonna be punished. 

I wouldn't be so quick to throw everything away. I'd maybe take a break. And I'll be the first to admit that even a break might not help since this case is so out there. Everything truly might be tainted because of all the **** that's went on.

But again, I want to say that you AREN'T being a drama queen. I've had similar feelings about Britney going forward. I don't really come here everyday but I come here every now and again. What do I want to do if Britney retires? I realize this site has other boards and I might hang out there every now and again. Or would it be better to just delete my account because I want to be respective of Britney's feelings? "Don't judge my hair, clothes, makeup,  social media videos or the other ordinary stuff I'm doing because I want to be a normal person. I don't want to be Britney the entertainer anymore" because Britney's career honestly might represent a prison to her now. I said something like that on another thread. How much fun can you have going back to something that helped trapped you in a cage?  It's like getting out of prison and then taking a tour through the prison a year after you got out so you can talk about the fun times you had in the slammer. 

Edited by glitterfalls
****ed a few words up
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

I felt like this back when she was a robot during hold it against me era. The drastic change in demeanor in a person I looked up to and loved since the age of 6 really hurt my soul and I haven’t been able to enjoy her music without picking it apart and feeling lackadaisically about it all. Glory was a step in the right direction.. I could tell she wanted to do it! It’s the only album I listen to now and Britney. Everything else seems cringe..

• Like 2