Did Lou Taylor pay the media to write negative reviews about Netflix's new doc 'Britney Vs Spears?'

I feel like Erin tried to do what Ronan Farrow did with his New Yorker article. (as a coincidence, of course)

Ronan wrote about 2007, Kevin, Sam Lutfi, Britney's routine, the divorce, her loneliness, etc. And then he wrote about the conservatorshop being placed, and Britney trying to get out of it in the next years. 

Erin did the same thing, she followed the exact same steps. But her interviews/sources were weak (not Jordan, of course lol), she spent too much time on Adnan and Kaplan, she failed to interview key witness (like Butcher on Farrows article), and she failed to really explain all the illegalities of the cship. Erin touched a lot of important subjects, but it's all very brief, it does not feel like she was investigating for 2 years. It's an 'ok' documentaty, but it's not great, sadly.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

I’d give it a solid 7/10 (as a fan, and with having high expectations for new revelations following CBS) 

My wife, who is not a fan, and who is kind of familiar with the situation from the last couple of years, but not in great depth from before that, gave it a 10/10. I’d class her as a slightly informed member of the GP in this matter. 

We watched it together, and just seeing her outraged, getting angry, like 🤬🤬🤬 angry, then just really sad 🥺, tells me that the reviews are 🐎 💩

With the finals scenes, her testimony and that we both had tears rolling down our faces. LikenI said she was never particularly interested, and now she wants to follow with me live, what happens tonight (9:30 pm it starts in the UK) at court. She’s INVESTED 🥰

• Love 5

How much credit are we gonna give this woman?

Like how much power do we think she has? 

I think we sometimes get a little bit OTT with the Lou thing... do we really think/know she has so much money to pay newspapers (some of them independent) around the world to write negative reviews? No self-respecting newspaper would even entertain such an offer.

I don't know, I just think Netflix should have edited it a little better but I genuinely think it's a good documentary and good for the GP eye.

7 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Yea I just find the pushback weird with this doc when no one batted an eye when Vivian was on FBS. And btw I loved FBS so it's no shade to that doc - it's more so me being confused by these freaking harsh reviews. Maybe they do have some points, but IDK they came out so fast and were venomous from the get 

I watched this last night without reading the fanbase's comments, or anything else about it, really. I'm shocked and stunned that these are the headlines, and from respectable news outlets, too. If THIS was exploitative, then what about every other documentary showing her on the gurney and shaving her head, attacking the paparazzi car with the umbrella (I still think that was badass, but I digress), etc.? What the ****... these can't be legit... all the reviews are again focusing on Sam Lutfi's involvement when it really doesn't even matter... the GP prob forgot his name after they finished the documentary. To anyone not familiar with the story, I can't imagine anyone walking away without simply feeling shocked and saddened for Britney. These reviews can't be legit.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, boyinthemirror said:

Out of the weak ones, it was the best.

From a fan perspective I think it was bad. But from a general public perspective, it was okay… So yeah it’s kinda weird the reviews are this bad. It feels like an attack to the movement since most of the information exposed was spread and discovered by fans. I kinda feel guilty for criticizing it now :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:

The movement is fantastic. I think it is different angles. I think the ones that like it focus on the finds they can extract from it, versus how the critics talks from professional, pure film analysis. I understand both ways of viewing it and I feel bad for understanding the criticism too. Oh No Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Love 1

The woman literally thinks that she's god , what she's capable of is probably beyond the worst and I'm sure she's even worse than what we could imagine ....:parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading: 

And again like I said , there are better documentaries about Britney out there, but "trashy" and "irresponsible" ? Really ??:katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

10 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

I was pretty sus when I saw a few outlets characterize Britney Vs Spears as trashy, schlocky, tasteless, exploitative, boring and a waste of everyones' time, among other descriptors (see below).

I know I am biased because I am in it, but how on Earth is the doc trashy or irresponsible? 

Then this popped up on my radar...  Make of it what you will. I have no opinion on it at the moment other than I find it interesting. Because I know LT is a frequent flier here, I'll do her the solid and say this is an unconfirmed rumor.

Thoughts?

lt-netflix.thumb.jpg.1ff49aecc2d75cbbcb147f655058408b.jpg

The "reviews":

No. The Netflix doc is terrible and Lou is part of why it’s what it’s. She has connections all over.

The reviews were only negative about this particular documentary and with reasons. If Lou wanted to trash them should have started from the beginning when they started to pop out.