Sens. Cruz, Blumenthal Hearing on Toxic Conservatorships

It'll be interesting to see what they say! I think you can watch on CSPAN

https://www.cruz.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=6074

U.S. Sens. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), Ranking Member of the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution, and Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Chairman of the committee, will hold a hearing on Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 2:30 PM titled "Toxic Conservatorships: The Need for Reform."

The hearing will include testimony from:

• Nick Clouse, former subject of a conservatorship following a traumatic brain injury 
  • Morgan Whitlatch, Legal Director at Quality Trust for Individuals with Disabilities;
  • Zoe Brennan-Krohn, Staff Attorney at the ACLU Disability Rights Project;
  • Dr. Clarissa Kripke, Professor of Family Community Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine; and
  • David Slayton, Vice President of Court Consulting Services at the National Center for State Courts.

• Love 4
  • Like 1

Feels odd being on the same page as Ted Cruz who also spoke at this hearing.  We would not normally agree :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:. This is going to become part of Britney's legacy. She has always struck me as being such a kind person and it would not surprise me if she became an activist in this area once she is out of her own conservatorship to help others (in addition to the awareness she has raised already).

1 hour ago, rennen said:

"Legal straight-jacket". 

I've never heard it being referred to like that and it's spot on. Sure, some conservatorships may be necessary but the issue is the lack of transparency and the fact that it's a million dollar business by all accounts. 

Quite a powerful speech.

I don't think there's a single conservatorship that is necessary when you get plenty of alternatives.

• Love 2