Jesy Nelson scores first ever solo Top 5 hit in the UK with "BOYZ" featuring Nicki Minaj

Slayer

8 minutes ago, gapeach704 said:

I agree with all of this. I don’t think this is genuinely her…

Then you clearly don't know her, she's been into R&B and this sort of music forever.

It's funny how her skin tone is suddenly an issue after she left Little Mix but nobody had a problem with it while she was in the group.

People can remain pressed that she left.

People *****ing clearly were not fans of hers in the first place or not known enough about her. Most British girls I know overly tan like this, it is whether you like it or not British culture. It's quite obvious Jesy is white with a lot of tan.

Not everything is stealing culture, people tan here in the UK because it makes them feel skinny, this is more than what people think, it is her issues with her appearance, a tan makes her more confident.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

After a few listens I like her voice more on it and I understand her better :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand:

I made the mistake of clicking the Jesy hashtag on Twitter and it's so damn awful what I'm reading. She wasn't exaggerating at all when she talked about her struggles. All those awful things people say could torn the most confident person in the world.

I hope she keeps doing her thing, she's on the way to find a unique sound. We've seen many artists mixing pop with hip-hop but I think this digs deeper and she's finding a new lane imo. :bsass_britney_boys_nod:

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

The video is really cool, u could see they went off with the budget :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on: Whereas for the song itself, it is okay but it gets catchier towards the end :wendy_williams_bop_listen_music: 5.99/10!

I expect an update in the next few hours saying you're a Jesy stan and it is now a 10/10 :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

She definitely had budget and she co-directed the video :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Slayer said:

Then you clearly don't know her, she's been into R&B and this sort of music forever.

It's funny how her skin tone is suddenly an issue after she left Little Mix but nobody had a problem with it while she was in the group.

People *****ing clearly were not fans of hers in the first place or not known enough about her. Most British girls I know overly tan like this, it is whether you like it or not British culture. It's quite obvious Jesy is white with a lot of tan.

Not everything is stealing culture, people tan here in the UK because it makes them feel skinny, this is more than what people think, it is her issues with her appearance, a tan makes her more confident.

That user is just throwing his insecurities over her because of Nicki. He went from loving Little Mix and Jessy to hating, bashing and being passive aggressive towards them REAL QUICK in every damn thread. :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:
It’s the 10th thread where he’s complaining about something. I don’t like Gaga’s music, but I don’t care for her so I won’t check for her. Isn’t this plain simple? :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Slayer said:

Um, I'm not mentioning anything about her skin tone (I simply agreed with another user's comment about possible cultural appropriation).  I like Jesy.  I just feel like this "persona" of the "b-girl" is not her.  Do you really think this is Jesy in her daily life? Moral of the story is that you can like R&B and be influenced by R&B without giving this kind of persona in a video.  Kinda how the label made Tinashe come out with a "b-girl" persona for "2 On" and that clearly wasn't her.  That's all I'm saying.  It just seems like her team is thinking this image will help her break the US market...but doesn't feel genuine to me personally. One of the lyrics is literally "so hood, so good"....like WTF are you talking about?

I am rooting for Jesy, and like I said, I am hopeful for single #2. :yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping: I also stan little mix, since one user on this thread said I didn't :whitneyshade_whitney_Houston_mad_really_blink_seriously_hmm_umm_done: Meanwhile their fave has resorted to hosting a Real Housewives reunion for relevancy. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

I love you Slayer!  Don't take any of this as shade, please :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block