Pressed much? The Guardian: “Britney vs Spears review – Netflix doc is schlocky, trashy and deeply uncomfortable...”

Z-dawg

12 minutes ago, BritneyLVR said:

Not pressed at all. This is accurate in my opinion. 
Having focused so much on the start of the conservatorship, and the years now seared into public consciousness via memes, there’s hardly any time to investigate the most serious of recent events. 

There’s a definite sense that the makers couldn’t keep up with an ever-shifting case but wanted to meet a deadline nonetheless” 

I agree with this, but it did need a set up for the GP. Having said that, I totally agree that it should have deep dived into the nitty-gritty (Like CBS did). It does not work as a stand alone documentary. It should have been a series. And honestly. The amount of stuff the us, the #freebritney guys dug up (just look at the 5-6 hours worth of videos Deepdive put together) would have been more than enough for a full series. I know it was probably hard as no one’s coming forward or wanting to be a part of it, but at the same time, 2.5 years of re-search... Hmmm... I dunno... They should have definitely focused less on the lead up to the C-ship. Also maybe could have made it 2 hours long 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Z-dawg said:

I agree with this, but it did need a set up for the GP. Having said that, I totally agree that it should have deep dived into the nitty-gritty (Like CBS did). It does not work as a stand alone documentary. It should have been a series. And honestly. The amount of stuff the us, the #freebritney guys dug up (just look at the 5-6 hours worth of videos Deepdive put together) would have been more than enough for a full series. I know it was probably hard as no one’s coming forward or wanting to be a part of it, but at the same time, 2.5 years of re-search... Hmmm... I dunno... They should have definitely focused less on the lead up to the C-ship. Also maybe could have made it 2 hours long 🤷🏻‍♂️

They could have easily started with the beginning of her career and quickly dived into the marriage to Kevin/Divorce then went into the seriousness and events of her conservatorship. Not a single mention of 2010 really and what allegedly happened there. It was an ok documentary. It wasn’t amazing. 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, BritneyLVR said:

Not pressed at all. This is accurate in my opinion. 
Having focused so much on the start of the conservatorship, and the years now seared into public consciousness via memes, there’s hardly any time to investigate the most serious of recent events. 

There’s a definite sense that the makers couldn’t keep up with an ever-shifting case but wanted to meet a deadline nonetheless” 

Agreed.

so far no documentary will be able to top NYT.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Maybe they should have had a full night's sleep before they wrote a hasty review :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

Maybe. But still... they should have more of you, Fe, etc., maybe dragging Satan to filth 😎 (I get it, that it want legally possible... 😒) But nonetheless, great contribution 🙌🏻

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, danielhaus29 said:

Project Rose won in the end (NYT) :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing: Also they used a lot of 2007 footage which they promised not to, Whats good Erin Lee :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

You could tell they initially wanted to show the head shaving and umbrella incident, but they stopped and just froze the image of her on the piece of me music video to cover it up while they taked about her “downfall”. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, everybodygoesdown said:

You could tell they initially wanted to show the head shaving and umbrella incident, but they stopped and just froze the image of her on the piece of me music video to cover it up while they taked about her “downfall”. 

The funny thing is that it wasn't even on the image from the POM, it was one of the dancers :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

• Haha 4
2 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

I did open up about Jamie and LT threatening to sue me - even reading one of the emails LT sent me. I also quoted lyrics from Rebellion, among other things we talked about. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

They didn’t show it though. Why wouldn’t they show that, especially from someone as knowledgeable as you?! It felt like a Sam and Adnan tell all at times :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad: