Page Six: Who is Lou Taylor? Meet Britney Spears’ embattled former business manager

dfffff

Lou Taylor’s name has been on #FreeBritney activists’ lips for years, but Britney Spears’ former business manager has otherwise managed to fly largely under the radar — until now.

The alleged wrongdoings of Taylor and her firm, Tri Star Sports and Entertainment Group, were put under a microscope in two documentaries about Spears’ controversial conservatorship released in September 2021.

FX and Hulu’s “The New York Times Presents: Controlling Britney Spears” accused Tri Star and Taylor’s associate Robin Greenhill of monitoring the pop star’s iPhone by secretly mirroring her communications using an iPad that they kept in a safe, which the firm denied.

CNN’s “Toxic: Britney Spears’ Battle for Freedom,”meanwhile, reported that Spears blames Taylor for many conservatorship-related issues.

“Britney is aware and angered by the control exercised over her by Lou Taylor and her company, which reaped millions of dollars from her estate,” a source said in the special.

Netflix’s upcoming film “Britney vs Spears” is also expected to explore allegations that Taylor was involved in the onset of the conservatorship, which Spears was placed under in February 2008 after a series of personal struggles. Taylor has denied these claims.

But who is Taylor, and why do fans blame her for the lack of freedom in the superstar’s day-to-day life over the past 13-plus years?

Here are five things to know about the embattled businesswoman.

She runs her own firm

Taylor founded Tri Star Sports and Entertainment Group in 1992 and currently serves as its president and CEO.

The business management firm, which has offices in Nashville and Los Angeles, offers services including “accounting, financial statement preparation, royalty and participation rights audits, tour accounting, production accounting, estate planning and foreign and domestic tax filings,” according to its website.

She’s had a Rolodex of celebrity clients

In addition to Spears, Taylor and her team at Tri Star have worked on business deals over the years for stars including Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler, Gwen Stefani, Reba McEntire, Priyanka Chopra, Mary J. Blige and Florida Georgia Line.

She started working with the Spears family in 2007

Taylor first worked as a business manager for Britney’s younger sister, Jamie Lynn Spears. After the “Zoey 101” star got pregnant at the age of 16 in late 2007, Taylor, a devout Christian whose husband is a pastor, suggested sending the teen to a faith-based residential facility, but matriarch Lynne Spears was against the idea.

“Standing my ground was not easy,” Lynne wrote in her 2008 memoir, “Through the Storm,” adding, “I’d been so passive in so many ways for so long, letting managers and agents and executives decide the paths my children would walk. Not any longer.”

Within a matter of weeks, however, Taylor was also working for Britney. She was described as a “Spears family spokesperson” during a “Today” show interview in January 2008 about the “Toxic” singer’s annulled marriage to childhood friend Jason Alexander.

Later that month, Taylor allegedly played a key role in helping Britney’s father, Jamie Spears, petition the court for a temporary conservatorship over the Grammy winner, according to Lynne’s own account.

“Jamie was going to file for the conservatorship on January 22 … but he and his business manager, Lou, felt God leading them to wait, fast and pray, despite the frustration of a phalanx of lawyers,” Britney’s mother wrote in her book.

Jamie’s attorney Geraldine Wyle also conceded in a court declaration at the time that Taylor was involved in the “initial exploration of the conservatorship,” noting that Taylor had been “familiar with Ms. Spears, Mr. Spears and her family for several years.”

Taylor officially started working as Britney’s business manager during the “Circus Starring Britney Spears” tour, which kicked off in March 2009.

She has allegedly tried to conserve other stars

X17 reported in August 2010 that Taylor “suggested” Lindsay Lohan’s mother, Dina Lohan, seek a conservatorship over the “Mean Girls” star’s estate, much to Lindsay’s father Michael Lohan’s dismay.

“I will be damned if Lou Taylor (who only knows Lindsay three months) or Dina (who can’t handle herself or her own financial affairs) are co-conservators,” Michael told the site at the time. “I just want Lindsay’s life and career to be guided by people who are in it with their hearts, NOT their hands.”

More recently, Courtney Love claimed that Taylor once attempted to do the same to her.

“Short answer is yes . Lou did try,” Love alleged in a December 2020 Instagram comment to a fan, adding that she was ultimately “successful at blocking” Taylor from putting her under a conservatorship.

Taylor’s lawyer, Charles Harder, denied any wrongdoing on his client’s part, telling The New Yorker in July 2021, “At no time did Ms. Taylor ever make any effort to put anyone into a conservatorship. Not Britney Spears. Not Lindsay Lohan. Not Courtney Love.”

She resigned as Britney’s manager in 2020

Taylor abruptly stepped down as Britney’s business manager in October 2020, two months after the entertainer said in court documents that she was “strongly opposed” to Jamie continuing as her conservator.

“Tri Star Sports and Entertainment Group has resigned as Britney’s business manager without prior notice to Britney,” the star’s former lawyer, Samuel D. Ingham III, said in November 2020 court documents obtained by Page Six.

By June 2021, Britney called for her conservatorship to end altogether, telling the judge presiding over her case, “My dad and anyone involved in this conservatorship — and my management, who played a huge role in punishing me when I said no — ma’am, they should be in jail.”

Jamie has since filed a petition to terminate the legal arrangement, pending the judge’s approval.

Taylor did not immediately respond to Page Six’s request for comment.

Link

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Grace Kelly said:

I am no fan of Jamie Lynn, but I can't believe that Lou tried to send her to a "Faith based residential facility" when she got pregnant at age 16.  What is this the 1950's and the policing of women's morals!  

What a psychopath she is. Lou M. Taylor you are a fanatic.

What an evil woman!

FREE  BRITNEY!!!

• Love 2