Opinions on VPNs!

SlayOut

• Super Mods

Hi Exhale! :hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello: I don't currently use a VPN, but I know many Exhalers use VPNs for a variety of reasons. I guess I'm wondering if there is one that a majority of Exhalers would recommend?

I feel like there are many out there, and they all virtually seem to offer the same benefits. Is there one that is considered to be the most privacy friendly?

I have tried NordVPN and Hotspotsheild VPN using a free trial a few years ago, and both were alright... My intended use for it really is just adding an extra layer of security to my internet usage.

If anyone has any insight, I appreciate it! :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud: 

• Love 1

I use ProtonVPN although it sucks now because they got rid of the free 1-week premium trails that they used to have. I honestly think it's my fault actually; I took advantage of them for over a year by constantly signing up with new accounts to cheat the system and at one point they kept banning me every couple of days. A few months later they ended their free premium trails; you can still sign up and use the free version of their VPN, but it only has a few IPs available compared to the premium version that had dozens of countries worth of IPs.

I've tried Hotspot Shield a bunch of times but every single time I signed up, the app would start glitching up after a few weeks, and I'd have to uninstall and try again. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block