Olivia Rodrigo reflects on her newfound fame: "it can scare people and make people feel different"

• Leader

What’s the most surprising thing about fame?
It was surprising to see who was genuinely supportive of me and who wasn’t. Sometimes when you have a lot of success really quickly, it can scare people and make people feel different. That was an interesting thing to learn. I’m figuring it all out.

There has been a lot of talk surrounding how a rapid rise to global stardom can affect mental health (cue: Naomi Osaka and Simone Biles). How do you feel about that, given you’ve had a blistering year and are now a well-recognised superstar?
I’m taking it one step at a time. It can be really tough on your mental health, though. I’m grateful for the people who like me for me, and keep me separated from all the noise and tabloids or what people are saying about me on social media. That’s always been a top priority. It’s funny how recognition changes everything and also changes nothing in your life. The problems I was having a year ago are still the problems I’m having now, and things that brought me joy a year ago are still the things that bring me joy now. It’s just another aspect of life that you need to learn how to deal with, but it doesn’t change who you are as a person.

Via Vogueorx.jpg.af45abf7ce5d6a1f5a95f40903cf0971.jpg

• Content Curators

I think she'll be fine fame wise, honestly I don't think she's gonna surpass the hype she's having now when her second album drops.

I've seen her perform and she's not as exciting as a thought she would be.

However, Selena Gomez has built a career on blandness so who knows Olivia just might become the new queen of pop :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

• Haha 5

I wanna be there when you touch fire

3 hours ago, Midnight said:

I think she'll be fine fame wise, honestly I don't think she's gonna surpass the hype she's having now when her second album drops.

However, Selena Gomez has built a career on blandness so who knows Olivia just might become the new queen of pop :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

But Selena in her blandness is way better than this payola and boring to look at thing. :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

Did y’all catch the moment when the paps were literally annoyed by her at the MET and moved on so quick? :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing: A MESS

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
  • Content Curators
1 hour ago, Style. said:

But Selena in her blandness is way better than this payola and boring to look at thing. :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

Did y’all catch the moment when the paps were literally annoyed by her at the MET and moved on so quick? :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing: A MESS

Onika you stan Ms Bland? 

4779.gif

Y'all really be worrying me sometimes.

It's the same thing boo, bland is blan and there's no way around it :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

12 hours ago, Midnight said:

I love how the shade can be seen from miles away. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block