Britney Spears in talks to do Meghan Markle-style bombshell interview with Oprah - Mirror UK

Z-dawg

56 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

How can she be in talks when she's still monitored and these documentaries said it's impossible to reach her?

I think a person who has actually invested enough time to really know the timeline of events should interview her. Oprah would give a generic interview. 

Yep. She needs to be Free in order to speak without going home with a pack of abusers from the interview.

• Like 1

I mean whoever Britney feels comfortable with to get her story out. But I do agree Oprah shouldn't be the one. 

Robin Roberts from GMA would be on my list as top contenders, before we found out Mario Lopez was a snake would have been a request of mine.

But then again, I also don't want there to be an active interviewer as well.... I only want to hear Britney talk.

Why do you all care so much whether Oprah does it or not? An Oprah prime time sit down will bring viewership that would possibly exceed the interview with the the Royals. That’s how Hollywood works. If a televised interview happens, it will be with someone prolific and someone that the general public knows without explanation, that are ALSO relevant. There are very few people that fit that. Oprah is powerful and the interview would be massive. Oprah Winfrey is Oprah Winfrey. 

• Love 5

We need a written tell-all.

It shouldn't be an interview, this is 13+ years, an interview would not do the 'story' justice.  Nothing but a book could possibly provide the detail that would be needed to truly explain the ordeal Britney has been through.  A book also means nothing would be edited to fit a certain narrative, Britney could confirm she has signed off on every word in the book.

It's a book we should be hoping for, but only after Britney has had time to heal and fully reflect on everything she has been through.

• Love 1

I don't really have something in particular against Oprah, but I just think there's SOOOOOO much info from these past 13 years and beyond, that I doubt she can get prepared with all of that and know what to ask her.

The girls doing the NYT documentaries already have the research, have already talked to other people, they will know how to conduct an interview, and how to bring in the missing pieces from the puzzle from Britney herself, maybe even explaining to her things she doesn't know that have heard from other people or the court documents.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

I don't really have something in particular against Oprah, but I just think there's SOOOOOO much info from these past 13 years and beyond, that I doubt she can get prepared with all of that and know what to ask her.

The girls doing the NYT documentaries already have the research, have already talked to other people, they will know how to conduct an interview, and how to bring in the missing pieces from the puzzle from Britney herself, maybe even explaining to her things she doesn't know that have heard from other people or the court documents.

This is basically why I wouldn’t want Oprah to do the interview, I feel she’d ask pretty superficial or general questions. Also, Oprah did Lindsay dirty on her mini documentary. I guess if Britney submits the questions she wants asked would work or if she’s allowed to speak freely without interruption, that could work too.

• Like 3