More New Glory Tracks "Drink To My Freedom" & "Free Your Mind" Registered by RCA!

bh9789

• Content Curators

These songs from 2015-16 feature the word Freedom in them which is interesting. Is the Glory re-release by RCA really happening then?  

Drink To My Freedom - Written by Antonina Armato, Tim James and Rock Mafia. They did the unreleased demo "Exaholic" 

Free Your Mind - Written by Lance Eric Shipp, Nathalia Marshall and Rachael Kennedy. They did "Coupure Électrique" for the deluxe version of Glory 

• Love 5
  • Like 2
Just now, Brit52 said:

Does a song being registered actually mean anything though? Like what's the purpose of registering?

Sorry if that's a dumb question

You register when something is planned to be broadcasted oR performed...performing rights organizations are meant to track these so you get royalties. You have to pay for the copyright and then register the songs with a performance rights organization. You know those middle-men have to get a slice

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, Isla said:

Are we sure? The member who met her said Britney called the song ‘Freedom’ and I don’t think they would lie about that.

Either way this could end up being a different song to the one Britney possibly referred to…. nice to see the same team behind Exaholic were involved on this one! 

Actually yeah you’re right it must be a different song, rockmafia are so good 

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

You register when something is planned to be broadcasted oR performed...performing rights organizations are meant to track these so you get royalties. You have to pay for the copyright and then register the songs with a performance rights organization. You know those middle-men have to get a slice

But songs that never get released get registered all the time, there’s plenty of registered Britney tracks that never saw the light of day. 

30 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

But songs that never get released get registered all the time, there’s plenty of registered Britney tracks that never saw the light of day. 

I guess the writers and producers register it just in case...they register it without Britney as the performer. IDK what benefit it would be to register something unreleased besides just using it to brag or just in case it gets released.