Sam Asghari: the past documentaries left a bad aftertaste, any credit for light being shed should go to the #freebritney movement & hopes the new documentary will be respectful

Slayer
Message added by Slayer,

Please keep comments respectful, you can not like someone without throwing insults and name calling.

You guys need to look at it from Britney's perspective. He said nothing wrong.

Even if the 'fans' like the documentaries or that it shines a positive light, Britney most likely doesn't like it because they are telling her story without her say. They are projecting their own narratives and experiences as fact.  When in fact, none of them know what she really went through all these years.  And she has never liked being portrayed as weak.

This is why she made it very clear during the court hearing and demanded that SHE wants to tell her OWN story via televised documentary. 

She hasn't had any say about anything in her life (her music, her creative direction, her image, her body, her kids, where she can go, etc.) since early on her in career.  You can just imagine how frustrating it is how everyone is talking on your behalf when a lot of it is just BS, or people seeking clout or money.

And those that are saying "well they tried to reach her but she's unreachable", that doesn't make any difference. He's implying they shouldn't release it or hold off UNTIL THEY CAN reach her to get her stamp of approval.

:bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

• Love 1
  • Like 4

Maybe he should stay respectful and give subject  Britney Spears to say how she feels about it. We sure respect his opinion. Also i am sure ppl tried to contact her but we know her team would never approve. So that is his point?FreeBritney got enough credit in framing Britney i think.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Arianna said:

I still don’t get why the first one was bad in her eyes

Girl if my early 20s was on video and open to the public I would be beyond embarrassed if my children saw that. No matter the story it is telling it must be hard for her to watch and relive when she wants that behind her 

• Love 1
  • Like 3

How about this Sam?

You let the New York Times do what they are good at — journalism & documentaries & exposing injustice & actually helping your fiancée get her civil rights back — and you can go back to doing what you’re good at, which appears to be posing for Instagram photos like a teenager and posting about what an inspiration you are to others because you’ve lost weight since high school I guess? 

It’s amazing to me that he’s being snarky to reporters who made a major difference in Britney’s case. Sam has been in the picture for 5 years and I don’t see anything that indicates he helped her win any victories in court. You would think he would be appreciative of others who did. 

• Love 2
  • Like 7
1 hour ago, jennyj said:

And those that are saying "well they tried to reach her but she's unreachable", that doesn't make any difference. He's implying they shouldn't release it or hold off UNTIL THEY CAN reach her to get her stamp of approval.

If journalists had waited to report on all this until Britney herself was free and legally able to speak for herself and comment …. Then they never would have reported on it! 

The only reason Britney started to win court victories, like getting her own real attorney, was because the documentaries shed a light on her situation and placed the LA court system under intense global scrutiny. 

• Love 2
  • Like 4
5 hours ago, Someone Else said:

2021-09-2501.20.1155jnx.png

Now, dear Sam, how were these docs supposed to get approval from the subject when all of the directors said it was impossible to reach Britney? You should know that firsthand...

Ugh, he keeps leaving a really bad taste in my mouth. 

I think that’s the point. You don’t have access to information from the one person that matters so he believes it shouldn’t happen period. That’s my take. 

2 hours ago, jennyj said:

You guys need to look at it from Britney's perspective. He said nothing wrong.

Even if the 'fans' like the documentaries or that it shines a positive light, Britney most likely doesn't like it because they are telling her story without her say. They are projecting their own narratives and experiences as fact.  When in fact, none of them know what she really went through all these years.  And she has never liked being portrayed as weak.

This is why she made it very clear during the court hearing and demanded that SHE wants to tell her OWN story via televised documentary. 

She hasn't had any say about anything in her life (her music, her creative direction, her image, her body, her kids, where she can go, etc.) since early on her in career.  You can just imagine how frustrating it is how everyone is talking on your behalf when a lot of it is just BS, or people seeking clout or money.

And that would happen never.

Especially if she didn't get Mathew. And only reason she got Mathew is because of those documentaries and us fans he had been criticizing with his friends.

Maybe he and some stans would prefer her being stuck with Sam Ingham ?

It sure seems starting to sound like it.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Someone Else said:

2021-09-2501.20.1155jnx.png

Now, dear Sam, how were these docs supposed to get approval from the subject when all of the directors said it was impossible to reach Britney? You should know that firsthand...

Ugh, he keeps leaving a really bad taste in my mouth. 

And how do we know that “the subject” approves of him and his right hand Superdupermaxi going out trashing investigating journalism that exposes team Con?! Something Britney has been trying to make happening for over a decade!!

She WANTS the truth out, no more abuse in secret. She WANTS everyone to know what they are doing to her, she wants justice, she does NOT care more about making a facial. I heard her testimony and desperate voicemails to get the truth out and justice be done.

Angry Ufc GIF

• Love 2
  • Like 2