Sam Asghari: the past documentaries left a bad aftertaste, any credit for light being shed should go to the #freebritney movement & hopes the new documentary will be respectful

Slayer
Message added by Slayer,

Please keep comments respectful, you can not like someone without throwing insults and name calling.

Anything Sam says at this point really should be taken as close to Britneys opinion? Why all the kickoff ? I agree with what he said. We are not here to fill anymore peoples pockets, acclaims, 15mins, awards etc we are here to #freebritney thats it. Why would he publicly say something, at this time without knowing Britneys feelings? Like they just got engaged. I’m sure Sam’s not saying anything without knowing Britneys feelings prior. 

Yes these docs do expose alot and spread alot of info, however Britney herself has been VERY quiet and the only thing we have to listen to is her statement in court. To me, my takeaway from all this - Britney is sick and tired of speculation, fuss, the unflattering pics/vids - TRAUMATIC moments of her life - broadcast out time and time again. Its really sad and yes its like a catch -22. But we got this far without multi millionaire corps making documentaries - Britney herself probably spoke out as she was also sick and tired of the docs and the media circus. She wants privacy. This is partly why she can't even leave her own home, conservatorship or not. The circus of bull****. Yes the media plays a key role so they cant be dismissed entirely; but i think Sams basically saying that Britney is sick of these docs, there was no approval for any of them. All she wants is a chance to tell HER story. Everyone else beating her to it is seriously not cute.

• Like 3
Just now, Markoct said:

Guys might be very stupid question - but doesnt her team (dad or whoever) have full control over "Britney" the brand?  - They dont get to have a say and be like no we dont want this or that? How come they let these docs be out like this? - good OR bad for team or brit. :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:  Especially in such sensetive topic and time!! 

Like im assuming beyonce for example (her or team) wouldnt let netflix dig up whatever they want from her and just present it how they want? :mhmsureny_hmm_thinking_ponder_unsure_what_Tiffany_pollard_ny_New_York_miss_ms_sure: 

The way I believe it works is they could control what the brand puts out they don't get to control a documentary like this criticizing them. They may get to control certain aspects of copyright or could get litigious if there was a case of defamation but these docs are likely very careful with that so that they can try to prevent running into any issues down the line. 

I think of it like how the news covers brands and corporations all the time but because it's in the context of news/education, I think they can highlight stories like these

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Soso said:

:idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking: Well why can't he help and try to be the intermediate between the producers and Britney? 
I know for a fact people tried to contact her thru him and they seem to have FAILED :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

Maybe because Britney doesn't want to put her story in a documentary at this point in her life when she's busy trying to free herself in court now that she actually has a lawyer who is doing his job? And do you think producers would actually listen to her if she said I don't approve of this please stop? lol it's a greedy industry

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Like A Slumber Party said:

The way I believe it works is they could control what the brand puts out they don't get to control a documentary like this criticizing them. They may get to control certain aspects of copyright or could get litigious if there was a case of defamation but these docs are likely very careful with that so that they can try to prevent running into any issues down the line. 

I think of it like how the news covers brands and corporations all the time but because it's in the context of news/education, I think they can highlight stories like these

:receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse::mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: ok im gussing docs could be an exception maybe to brands. And thanks. :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

It’s a fair point that all documentary’s have tried to reach out to Britney and it’s still impossible to get any answer.

What restrictions do Jodi and Jamie still currently have Britney on?  She has a lawyer and maybe this is where Rosengart can give an official statement by Britney regarding these docs. 

Britney sending in content for IG isn’t enough. There needs to be REAL change in team Britney. There needs to be better  communication moving forward after Jamie is removed. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3

People are being so ridiculous here lately.

First of all, what makes you think Britney would agree to collaborate on documentaries about her life? She has expressed countless of times in the past and recently that nobody can see her life through her lenses because they’re not her. Why can’t you just be open to the idea that maybe she wants to tell her story and is sick of everyone else doing it for her?

Imagine you’re under a conservatorship and your pain and misfortune is the hot topic, and suddenly ******* NETFLIX releases a documentary about it for the whole world to see. I just know I would lose my ****.

And second, just stop this Sam hate train, it’s incredibly disrespectful. I understand he’s been suspicious many times but we don’t know what happens behind close doors, and as far as we know he’s one of the few things that makes her feel hopeful about the future. Just hear her freaking testimony again wtf.

• Love 8
  • Like 1

I think the docs show a glimpse of how they have controlled and silenced her. If anything its telling the world (weather britney likes it or not) this conservatorship was illegal from the get go and destroyed this womans life. People should see what a low dirty shame this was as she's days away from court. FYI sam you are not a actor yet!

• Super Mods
57 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I guess Britney really hated that one.

I guess the one he's hoping to be more respectful is the Netflix one! 

She obviously has the right to not like any of these documentaries, but I guess I’m curious as to why. :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure: If she didn’t like the NYT documentary for showing footage of 2007/2008, then that’s understandable. At the end of the day, though, I don’t feel like the film made her look like a victim or pawn in a larger scheme. If anything, it shows how brilliantly she’s fought for herself, her autonomy, and her freedom.

Plus, the journalists apparently tried reaching out but they didn’t hear a response (and weren’t clear whether their request ever reached her). And getting a response is obviously a long shot to begin with…

I guess I just wonder what was so off putting about the NYT documentary to Britney. It wasn’t slanderous or promoted/produced by the likes of TMZ or a gossip rag. Maybe we’ll never know… :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Some of you guys are actually so ridiculous. He literally didn’t say anything bad nor would he have said any of this had Britney not agreed with him. Britney does NOT like to be victimized and unfortunately, these documentaries (while informative and good) shed light on a topic which that makes her feel like a victim. This thread is just another poor excuse for this fanbase full of shameless idiots like C0Cky and Nerdygeekgirl to take their anger out on him when he’s probably saying what Britney has told him before. Leave them alone. I’m sorry Britney. 

• Love 5

It’s tough. He’s entitled to his own opinion and has made some interesting points but I can’t say I agree with him. This docs are helping to raise awareness of the situation.

I still respect Sam though and that doesn’t give people the right to leave vile comments about him.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, boyinthemirror said:

People are being so ridiculous here lately.

First of all, what makes you think Britney would agree to collaborate on documentaries about her life? She has expressed countless of times in the past and recently that nobody can see her life through her lenses because they’re not her. Why can’t you just be open to the idea that maybe she wants to tell her story and is sick of everyone else doing it for her?

Imagine you’re under a conservatorship and your pain and misfortune is the hot topic, and suddenly ******* NETFLIX releases a documentary about it for the whole world to see. I just know I would lose my ****.

And second, just stop this Sam hate train, it’s incredibly disrespectful. I understand he’s been suspicious many times but we don’t know what happens behind close doors, and as far as we know he’s one of the few things that makes her feel hopeful about the future. Just hear her freaking testimony again wtf.

Thank you. I love people with common sense. Unfortunately, many deranged and deluded members of this forum lack just that. They seem to forget that Britney is human. They advocate for her freedom but don’t even give her the liberty to choose whom she loves. Isn’t that the whole point of this movement? To let Britney FREELY make her own decisions? It’s hypocrisy at its finest. This fanbase should be ashamed and I sincerely hope that Britney never comes across any of these sad, pathetic scums in her life. I’m sorry Britney.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Thank you. I love people with common sense. Unfortunately, many deranged and deluded members of this forum lack just that. They seem to forget that Britney is human. They advocate for her freedom but don’t even give her the liberty to choose whom she loves. Isn’t that the whole point of this movement? To let Britney be free and FREELY make her own decisions? It’s hypocrisy at its finest. This fanbase should be ashamed and I sincerely hope that Britney never comes across any of these sad, pathetic scums in her life. I’m sorry Britney.

THIS!

So much!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Someone Else said:

I wonder if he even knows Britney had/has her house bugged with recording surveillance devices... and the upcoming documentary is about to expose that to the public.

Do you guys think he's just plain dumb or simply ungrateful?

I think it's not anyone's business to be calling him names or making assumptions about him. 

• Love 2

Sorry but Britney is so naive is she thinks she will be this so far without the free Britney movement and all the documentaries. I understand what bits of framing she probably didn’t like but they change the way gp think about her and also open the talk about Misogyny and Mental health problems. They showed that  very clear that Everyone failed Britney. Now, I don't understand how exposing people that hurt britney is bad. They (Britney and Sam) need to remember that this mess is very corrupt and hard if not impossible to end it. So all this coverage (taking advantage of her name or not, with the best intentions or just economical goals) is actually generating pressure, helping and opening the eyes of everyone showing how corrupt the system is. Without all these’ I don't think you (Britney, I really love you) could see the light at the end of these horrible tunnel. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1