Sam Asghari: the past documentaries left a bad aftertaste, any credit for light being shed should go to the #freebritney movement & hopes the new documentary will be respectful

Slayer
Message added by Slayer,

Please keep comments respectful, you can not like someone without throwing insults and name calling.

3 minutes ago, Like A Slumber Party said:

"Without input or approval from subject" 

This part has me confused because I believe the director from the Netflix doc said they tried reaching out to Britney, including writing a letter to her. My guess is they also would've tried to go through Sam to reach Britney.

Since "input or approval from subject" is a concern of his, I wonder if he made an attempt to help Britney connect with filmmakers of the docs. 

I was writing exactly this so I just deleted it all to say I agree lol. Erin said she sent a letter she's sure Britney read so maybe she sent it to Sam? :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Phonography423 said:

He has every right to say what he thinks about the docs. He’s the closest person to her and for all we know she probably agrees. 

I think this is true. His thoughts are a window into hers imo since I’m sure they have talked about this and he wants her wishes respected. 

• Love 2
Just now, jj_boha said:

ExCtly!!!this has confused me since his original comment came out. Also I refuse to believe that Sam had no knowledge of these docs while they were in the making…the entire fan base knew. 

I would think they would've at least tried to contact Sam directly or through his agent(s) etc. for these projects to try to get his take or get Britney involved... so I would think he would've known about the docs... but who knows! 

• Like 3

He clearly means she's the only one who should tell this story when she's free to do so. Britney 100% has the same opinion too. Like y'all can be happy about these documentaries and still acknowledge the fact that Britney would feel she is being exploited, 3 documentaries this week alone is crazy. Can you imagine anything more annoying than people speaking for you? And all these people who didn't say anything for years only now talking in a documentary? It would piss me off even if they're trying to help. 

• Love 7
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I guess Britney really hated that one.

I guess the one he's hoping to be more respectful is the Netflix one! 

It’s odd because he had put something positive on his insta stories the night it aired. He did say here they left a bad after taste. It might have been the 2007 coverage after talking to Britney maybe she thought it was in poor taste / traumatic. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Some of you need to chill. He's literally thanking the movement and giving us all credit and all some of you can do is just attack him - yikes :clownery_makeup_meme:

Give it a rest for a day.

I haven't read every single comment, but the comments I've read haven't seemed like attacks to me. I feel as though people have respectfully disagreed (or some agreed) or brought up concerns... 

• Love 6
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Like A Slumber Party said:

I would think they would've at least tried to contact Sam directly or through his agent(s) etc. for these projects to try to get his take or get Britney involved... so I would think he would've known about the docs... but who knows! 

It’s almost impossible that a director would not have reached out to Sam when he’s the person closest to her and is actually accessible on his socials. I wonder if he ever had the conversation with them that Britney does not give her approval (doubt it cus the director said Britney was not available for comment) and why did he wait to comment now when the docs are already being released. It’s very sus 

• Love 1
  • Like 5
Just now, Like A Slumber Party said:

I haven't read every single comment, but the comments I've read haven't seemed like attacks to me. I feel as though people have respectfully disagreed (or some agreed) or brought up concerns... 

Maybe because you don't see all the comments that call him a '***', 'stupid idiot', 'gogoboy', 'dumb idiot' etc.

Hence why I give a warning, insults against anyone is not okay.

• Love 1