Britney could only read Christian books during the Circus Tour - Interview about CNN's "TOXIC: Britney Spears' Battle for Freedom"

13 minutes ago, PrinceEric said:

I could be wrong, but I think he meant it as “Christian” was the only genre of books they’d let her read at the time. Nothing wrong with Christian books, but why limit her reading other genres and stories?

I think he wanted to show that TeamCon were already curating the type of content she was allowed to consume or not.

Or, a theory;

A certain individual with ties to vile archaic Churches that publish women for ***uality managed to insert themself into the family, set up the conservatorship as some sort of "act of god", by playing off the ego of an abusive narcissist who made everything about themselves from the greiving process of their partner to the success of their child. 

All of Britney's actions, under the dogma of a far right Church, were extreme and deserved punishment, despite being perfectly acceptable things for a 26 year old to do; occasionally party, suffer a justified depressive spell and ultimately, act in self preservation.

Any addictions were exaggerated under the dogma...

...and it was all for profit.

I mean, we're reaching a point where the ties we write off as "alleged" are too deep to write off as theories.

• Like 1

Ugh this just irks me. I am a devout Christian I found Jesus follow God the whole nine yards with that being said the one thing I've always found comfort in is knowing I have free will. Does that mean I believe I can sin on purpose and know I will be forgiven? No. It means that I'm human and will mess up but that's okay because I will be forgiven. 

Britney has always been a spiritual person and one thing people can't control is her mind. Limiting her on the content she can read is blatant cult like behavior and it gives Christians a bad name. We as Christians believe we weren't made to be perfect if we were there would be no reason for Jesus to die for our sins. So her spiritual journey weather it be kaballah or practicing meditation through yoga is her own to make and guess what? God will still love her. 

I'm happy to see she still believes even after all she's been through. Most times being forced to believe something will make you rebel.

• Like 3

I am undoubtably in support of freeing Britney. A small but disturbing comment was made in the clip about having a "viewing party" about this documentary. Now that all the major media networks have been producing documentaries about Britney's conservatorship, are we not repeating the media firestorm of her personal issues that occurred in 2007-8? Just giving it a superficial makeover?

While advocating for Britney has been key to the many changes that have occurred to her life in the last few months, I suspect that we hope that this advocacy might also forgive us for the sins of our past. This might be  the media's effort to capitalize on this. Comments her fiancé made about the prenup as well as their engagement has me believing that this has long been a conversation she has had with him; his is likely speaking on her behalf given that her civil liberties have not been restored. I commented on a video about celebrities and lay-folk encouraging her to get a prenup, and thought I would share it here:

"The pendulum of control over Britney's life has swung from public opinion to her father. As her father is losing grip, the public sees no irony in grabbing hold of her life to control how she ought to live it. The lack of insight people have on this issue is just so disappointing. She owes us nothing."

What came to mind learning this is Britney citing Max Lucado as her favorite author via a twitter Q and A back in 2013.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/britney-spears-cites-extreme-anti-gay-marriage-preacher-favourite-author-8924564.html

I smell Lou Taylor all over this.

They were forcing Britney their brand of Christianity after Britney's turn to Kabbalah.

• Like 1