The New York Times: Controlling Britney Spears (Framing Britney Spears Part 2) - DISCUSSION THREAD

One thing that really got stuck in my brain in a bad way is….Alex mentioned 180 hours of recordings. They regularly recorded everything. Even things Inside her bedroom. Did they record everything and anything? Did they have rules for this for times where they wouldn’t record? Like when Britney’s with one of her boyfriends? Would someone go over these recordings as part of their job? It just makes me so sick because…if I had to live through something like that I’d doubt the privacy of my own thoughts. I wouldn’t even feel safe just thinking.

• Love 5
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Persona said:

One thing that really got stuck in my brain in a bad way is….Alex mentioned 180 hours of recordings. They regularly recorded everything. Even things Inside her bedroom. Did they record everything and anything? Did they have rules for this for times where they wouldn’t record? Like when Britney’s with one of her boyfriends? Would someone go over these recordings as part of their job? It just makes me so sick because…if I had to live through something like that I’d doubt the privacy of my own thoughts. I wouldn’t even feel safe just thinking.

They definitely did because Edan told the guy the nature of what was on the recordings 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Persona said:

They recorded absolutely everything, they probably have more than Alex is aware of. He even mentions a sensitive recording of Britney in her bedroom…It wouldn’t shock me if it’s a video of Britney having s** with a boyfriend.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Persona said:

It just makes me so sick because…if I had to live through something like that I’d doubt the privacy of my own thoughts. I wouldn’t even feel safe just thinking.

This is so true. I had a stalking / spying situation with a boyfriend at one point and for YEARS afterwards I thought I was being monitored all of the time. One time I lost it to the point that I questioned whether my nice elderly neighbour was feeding him information. And that’s from like a few month ordeal. So after 10+ years of it… like if they’re trying to say she’s “paranoid” as part of the many mental illnesses they say she has, who the **** wouldn’t be? 

• Love 1
  • Like 7
5 minutes ago, Persona said:

She must have been so nervous all the d*** time. 

And then people would see her seeming anxious or out-of-sorts and make comments about how that showed she struggled with mental illness and needed the conservatorship. That must have been so unbelievably infuriating. 

• Love 1
  • Like 5
Just now, KatieKat said:

She must have been so nervous all the d*** time. 

And then people would see her seeming anxious or out-of-sorts and make comments about how that showed she struggled with mental illness and needed the conservatorship. That must have been so unbelievably infuriating. 

She was psychologically tortured and abused. And that’s just on the non physical side of things. It’s like she said, if anyones to blame for her issues it’s them and only them. Thinking back to her saying they were trying to make her believe she’s crazy, trying to kill her, it’s even more chilling to think about than before.

• Love 2

I know we prolly talked about this...but what I keep thinking about is the part of the doc that states the spotting of Britney that TMZ got of Britney from rehab...the guy I think his name is Alex is saying that spotting was scripted....and it has Sam putting her in a car and then he goes off some where... I think in the same sentence it says every one put in Britney's life was all the team cons doing.... I just can't stop thinking about this. 

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, itsxrichiexbish said:

I know we prolly talked about this...but what I keep thinking about is the part of the doc that states the spotting of Britney that TMZ got of Britney from rehab...the guy I think his name is Alex is saying that spotting was scripted....and it has Sam putting her in a car and then he goes off some where... I think in the same sentence it says every one put in Britney's life was all the team cons doing.... I just can't stop thinking about this. 

Here's my take. From her court hearing you can hear her say.. She was told to keep it a hush hush secret due to her image.. It wouldn't be good for her brand..

Well sam was playing his part FOR HER if that's the case. At that time they were trying to make this not appear what it truly was.. It does not have to mean he was involved in a negative way to be on her side still. She had no choice she said she wasn't allowed to see her boyfriend unless she complied, and obviously if he didn't play along he wouldn't be able to see her either and I believe he knew that.. 

• Love 1
  • Like 6

Just watched this and tbh I’m still processing it all but wow. Even though we had already heard from Britney about the abuse and exploitation of this whole thing, learning all these new details about all the horrible things her family and her “team” put her through is just ugh :beat_fighting_punching_hitting_angry::beat_fighting_punching_hitting_angry::beat_fighting_punching_hitting_angry:

I am so angry and sad that the legal system allowed this to happen. This needs to end, NOW!!!! 

Also watching those scenes from I am Britney Jean felt so eerie…I’m glad tristar is receiving some of the attention now. They all need to be investigated and locked up!!

• Love 8

There is so much to the story that is still missing. Anyone else find it weird that FF Era is often neglected or glossed over? I feel like there is a lot of public information from Circus Era (For the Record), but not much from FF Era. This was her second tour under Team Con and to me something was really off during this time period. Also, there are so many people that I would be curious to hear from like Brett, Jason Trawick, David Lucado, and more. 

• Love 6