The New York Times: Controlling Britney Spears (Framing Britney Spears Part 2) - DISCUSSION THREAD

1 hour ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

I’ve just watched the documentary and at this point I have to say this - I no longer trust a single person in her immediate circle right now. That includes Sam. I get the people on here support him and don’t want to entertain any hate over someone Britney seems to love but hear me out;

Britney’s life is just as controlled now as it’s always been. We have no concrete evidence of anything having changed. Her calls are probably still being monitored, her every move is probably being spied on. She’s told us she’s happy on Instagram at times where she hasn’t been happy. She’s smiled and performed when on the inside she’s breaking and attending court hearings saying how miserable the conservatorship is making her. All I’m saying is just because she’s smiling next to Sam - does it make her truly happy? Truthfully we’ll never know until she candidly speaks out in court or is free. 

The documentary highlighted how hard it is for people to be close to her. Even people she is really fond of like Felicia and the girl from wardrobe who she wrote the letter to. They don’t have access to her. Everyone is screened. So we’re believing here that Sam hasn’t been screened? So why is he so vocal and still here? I also find it convenient he’s condemning the documentaries which start to question the inner circle of her life.

I think we need to stop shooting everyone down questioning Sam as more and more people are waking up to it. Is he as innocent as we all think in this? I think he’s part of her team he has to be. I just want Britney away from all of these leaches and to see life from outwith her bubble she’s been living in. Let her back into reality. 

I also don’t get why is being worried about Sam in all of this received with so much hate here. I would be the happiest if it turns out he is acting to play by the rules because he wants to stay close to her, but with everything that we know it is absolutely valid to be concerned.
I also don’t understand people that say questioning Sam equals to thinking Britney is not strong and cannot care for herself. She has been so isolated and  everyone around her has been chosen by her team. As they said - people have a way of disappearing from her life (if they don’t behave)

I would never send hate their way and if he is the only thing bringing her happiness right now, I am thankful she has him, but I am worried of what alternative could be and how heartbroken she will feel if he turns out to be like the others. I cannot even imagine that scenario, but am genuinely concerned for what future brings.

• Love 5

Finally finished watching.... I just wish Britney knew how loved she was and how strong she is, to have gone through all of this. I mean the fact that Jamie was monitoring her phone conversations, and put a recording device in her bedroom? That's a complete breach of privacy.

Edam from Black Box security really is a low human. In fact most of that team are and I'm glad Alex walked away, you could tell he wasn't comfortable at times with what they did. 

Fe and her tour assistant (forgotten her name) are literally the sweetest and I'm so glad they have Britney's back and will continue to do so. Fe's speech at the end declaring her love for Britney made me so emotional.... it makes me so sad both had no voice when they were around Britney and that they tried to tear Britney and Fe's friendship apart :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

Edited by Isla
  • Love 7

I was shaking my head the entire time watching this documentary. I legit feel sick after watching it... I've always known it could be this bad but hearing the insiders confirming everything was really something else. This is literally slavery, human trafficking, you name it. How Britney had managed to survive all of this is beyond me. I know I wouldn't...

Exposing her security was the smartest move and the key to understanding how this conservatorship works. I'm glad the NYT did this. They really nailed it. Alex, the insider guy, is a hero and I hope nothing bad happens to him now that he shared what he shared.

• Love 9

I'm watching it now.. controlling britney spears..its amazing!!! So accurate and professional..im so happy..britney really has become a huge deal to the public again.. people care about her..not the image..but her. 

I feel so validated as a fan .. she hasn't released an album in 5 years (and even that was mostly scrapped and watered-down,  artwork etc) and yet the world is rooting for her.. we really are the best fan base.. we really are the britney army..we never lose hope.. britney gives us hope she gave us strength..this strength and hope is saving her.. 

The talks regarding circus tour,  pom tour, felicia being distanced,  britney being punished for wanting her civil rights,  the shade at robin,  ..this is great ..its not about the past..its about the current situation..

This is a great Saturday night! They used real footage and britneys real opinions from the hearing.. suddenly my friends understand what I've been saying for years..

When she's free, I do expect another era..it could be her most successful since circus tour..I have hope..I think britney just wants to be free before making any career decisions and wants to be the boss again..she deserves it..she deserves everything..I've never been so proud of her.. I've  never been so proud to be a fan..its 2021 and britney is trending everywhere..

I hope the Netflix special matches this documentary and is accurate and from brirneys perspective..I hope its as professional as this..because this part 2 documentary is amazing !!

Britney,  well done for your court hearing! We believe you 100%

and a big well done for britneys new lawyer rosengart.. thank you for understanding and fighting this injustice !!  Finally things are changing for the better,  finally britneys voice and best interests are being heard and understood..shes so strong..shes a inspiration,  she is an absolute legend,  she deserves her title back.. she is a person,  she is our friend,  she needs her life back.. this documentary was simply amazing..

:bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ah123 said:

I also don’t get why is being worried about Sam in all of this received with so much hate here. I would be the happiest if it turns out he is acting to play by the rules because he wants to stay close to her, but with everything that we know it is absolutely valid to be concerned.
I also don’t understand people that say questioning Sam equals to thinking Britney is not strong and cannot care for herself. She has been so isolated and  everyone around her has been chosen by her team. As they said - people have a way of disappearing from her life (if they don’t behave)

I would never send hate their way and if he is the only thing bringing her happiness right now, I am thankful she has him, but I am worried of what alternative could be and how heartbroken she will feel if he turns out to be like the others. I cannot even imagine that scenario, but am genuinely concerned for what future brings.

I think britney is strong enough and wise enough to always have her wits about..even with Sam..yes, Sam has been there throughout,  and yes britney falls hard in love.. but she knows who she is.. she know her power and her worth..shes angry at those MANY people that did her wrong ..I think she's stronger than ever.. I think she's prepared for the future and any disappointments it may bring..shes britney spears, she's seen it all.. I think she's smart enough to trust herself and her mind..she knows her worth . I think she'll be just fine..she just needs to be able to show it..she needs to be able to be happy and deal with life on her own terms like the rest of us.. but there's no doubt.. she knows herself..she knows her worth..through all this pain she still remained strong.. I have faith in britney.. shes ready for independence..

engaged..married...single.. I think britneys ready to tackle whatever comes her way.. she knows the world's cruel and she's so resilient.. britney is adored for her personality..

If a guy messes with her in the future then  now she's proven that she can deal with it..she will put her own wellbeing first,  she will know to be on her guard and walk away from unhealthy situations.. she's very aware ..and her intelligence needs to be credited..she's proven herself a strong and very hard working woman.. she is an inspiration.. I have so much hope for her 

P.s she should buy a home in the UK to escape to when she can.. we love her, we would give her space.. she says she loves the uk (we still have milkman in the mornings and we are charming) and I low key want her to buy a mansion here..even if she's rarely here I think it would be so good for her..she could collab with lily allen and Ed sheeran and have dinner parties with adele

This part 2 documentary has got me all emotional :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh::cigney_britney_smoking_smoke_lit_light_2007_fur_cigarette:

16 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

I think britney is strong enough and wise enough to always have her wits about..even with Sam..yes, Sam has been there throughout,  and yes britney falls hard in love.. but she knows who she is.. she know her power and her worth..shes angry at those MANY people that did her wrong ..I think she's stronger than ever.. I think she's prepared for the future and any disappointments it may bring..shes britney spears, she's seen it all.. I think she's smart enough to trust herself and her mind..she knows her worth . I think she'll be just fine..she just needs to be able to show it..she needs to be able to be happy and deal with life on her own terms like the rest of us.. but there's no doubt.. she knows herself..she knows her worth..through all this pain she still remained strong.. I have faith in britney.. shes ready for independence..

engaged..married...single.. I think britneys ready to tackle whatever comes her way.. she knows the world's cruel and she's so resilient.. britney is adored for her personality..

If a guy messes with her in the future then  now she's proven that she can deal with it..she will put her own wellbeing first,  she will know to be on her guard and walk away from unhealthy situations.. she's very aware ..and her intelligence needs to be credited..she's proven herself a strong and very hard working woman.. she is an inspiration.. I have so much hope for her 

P.s she should buy a home in the UK to escape to when she can.. we love her, we would give her space.. she says she loves the uk (we still have milkman in the mornings and we are charming) and I low key want her to buy a mansion here..even if she's rarely here I think it would be so good for her..she could collab with lily allen and Ed sheeran and have dinner parties with adele

This part 2 documentary has got me all emotional :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh::cigney_britney_smoking_smoke_lit_light_2007_fur_cigarette:

I am not doubting her and her ability, intelligence and strength.
I am just saying that it is really hard to believe anyone and no matter how strong you are, when you have been punched so many times by those closest to you it would break my heart to see it happen again, but I have no doubt in my mind she can endure it and come back stronger like she always has! 

But You wrote a beautiful message here and i think we all share that opinion of her and thats why we love her so much and why she inspires generations after generations now in one way or another❤️ 

Oh god! This was great, super informative! Britney’s story is devastating, I felt like I was gonna cry during the whole documentary, I can’t wait for her to be free, I really, really wish her freedom and happiness.

I hope everyone involved in this conservatorship ends up in jail and/or in debt having to pay a HUGE compensation to Britney.

Black Box, Tri Star, Judge Reva Goetz and Britney’s family are absolutely disgusting and they really must pay for what they’ve done.

Judge Penny too, she is either stupid or evil, what a dumb judge.

FREE BRITNEY!!!

• Like 6