The New York Times: Controlling Britney Spears (Framing Britney Spears Part 2) - DISCUSSION THREAD

4 hours ago, KL4521 said:

The recording devices in her room are DISGUSTING but I am confused...180 hours is not a lot at all if it was running continuously. Is that just how much he had saved on the USB drive?

It's probably one of those devices that records when there is conversation/sounds. It doesn't record everything 24/7, because than whoever monitors it has to listen through hours of no sound. It only records the minute sounds are detected.

• Like 3

I am all in for these pro #freeBritney documentaries from reputable sources because the more buzz, education and viewership, the more this issue can reach a wider audience in different parts of the world to inspire and engage, which would only put more pressure on the people trying to preserve the scamship.

I know it must be hard for Britney to watch them though...

• Love 1
  • Like 4

I don't understand why they didn't mention Jamie's restraining order against Britney's son.

They mentioned how low Britney's fortune is compared to other a-list singers but they could've go more in depth about it and make a parallel with Tri Star. I feel like Lou was left out of this doc. :gunney:

• Love 2

I watched the documentary, and I'm not ashamed to admit I cried. Her life really is a real-life episode of "Black Mirror", and she's done literally nothing to deserve it. 

The fact that Team Con had people infiltrate the early rallies - if that doesn't tell you they're guilty of conservatorship abuse, then I don't know what will. If they weren't guilty, you'd think they'd just let the rallies run their course. And it's about time L*u T****r got mentioned - she's slithered away for far too long for my liking.

Britney's bedroom/phone etc being bugged and under 24/7 surveillance - not in any way surprising. Just continued proof that all Team Con have tried to peddle as "conspiracy theories" are anything but. I wouldn't be surprised if they lurk here - wasn't there a cease and desist sent to Jordan forever ago, long before #FreeBritney ever became a thing? And conservatorship or not, I'm almost certain Team Con being able to access private messages between Income and Britney is illegal under attorney-client privilege, or at the very least a violation of that. And without wanting to be *that* person, I guess this further arouses the theory that Britney has/had zero access to Instagram, or if she does, her posts can be changed etc without her even knowing about it.

I hope every single one of these souls who have risked their careers etc speaking out on this abuse are being protected.

And let's just settle this once and for all - Fe is Britney's REAL mother. And we absolutely love that for her!

• Love 6

I love that lou and robin were exposed, security team was super brand new info but we all knew they heavily controlled her… 

Fe’s and Tish words at they very end made me want to cry, I’ve always always felt her heart it’s the reason I’m a fan I love this woman she deserves everything 

• Love 4

I'm glad that Lou Taylor and Tristar were mentioned in the documentary, but I feel they should be able to tell everything what we know about Lou and her entire role in conservatorship.

I realize that 70 minutes is not enough time to talk about everyone, but they could mention A. Wallet and Larry Rudolph at least. I know these documents hurt Britney, but they are really needed for the world to see the whole truth. You may not like what I write, but I hope there will be part 3 featuring Britney herself. Britney said herself in court that she wanted to tell her story to the world and tell who did this to her.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, ilikethispart said:

This was a tough watch. I’m so glad they mentioned Lou Taylor by name. They by no means went in hard and are likely being threatened left, right and centre - but even naming her is good exposure. Let the people dig further.

So much to process still but overall none of it surprising just extremely uncomfortable to hear.

Lou and Robin both were brought into attention and I am living for it

• Love 1
  • Exhale+
5 minutes ago, dfffff said:

I'm glad that Lou Taylor and Tristar were mentioned in the documentary, but I feel they should be able to tell everything what we know about Lou and her entire role in conservatorship.

I realize that 70 minutes is not enough time to talk about everyone, but they could mention A. Wallet and Larry Rudolph at least. I know these documents hurt Britney, but they are really needed for the world to see the whole truth. You may not like what I write, but I hope there will be part 3 featuring Britney herself. Britney said herself in court that she wanted to tell her story to the world and tell who did this to her.

The problem is Lou stayed in shadows for most of the time. And had her minions do her dirty work. And she hid her traits pretty well.

In the meantime she became huge business women with ties all over Hollywood.

There is a reason she was one of the first ones to jump the ship.

But Larry R and her deserve  their own docu series.

• Love 1
  • Like 7

Just finished watching. I’m glad we have more information about the level of security, and thank Alex for coming forward (Edan is going to be so pissed). I like that Tish was so caring towards Britney, but didn’t like that she chased after Britney and told her she had to perform even thought Britney was scared that she would get “contact high” and fail her drug tests. The way she left Britney by giving her the necklace with her phone number engraved on the back was a great/sneaky way to keep in touch. Yes, I did cry at Felica’s message to Britney at the end. Good job on this one, as there were a lot of people in the last one, trying to follow all their stories. 

Totally in shock after watching the doc. It just shows to what extent they mentally abuse/ abused britney.
Also how the legal system is totally corrupt! And that judge should be investigated and charges set against her for allowing this to happen.

it’s so clear that their goal all along was to break her down and trap her in this forever.

Also incredible how strong and clever britney is to fight every single person in this conservatorship. 

the bit where they told fe Britney didn’t want to see her and then when she said britney ran up to her on the last leg of the tour was heartbreaking. Vile, disgusting animals. Karma is a ***** and they will all have to pay the consequences. :) 

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, Prachi said:

She wanted to retire early, reportedly MJ also has said the same to her she didn't wanted to have a four decade career my goodness why? I am really not shocked at the details, I am sad on how this all has incurred in the first place a lot of people including me who've been a fan of her since day one never ever would've thought this would happen to her and the worst part about all of this is this is just about the money they were already making a lot of money from perfume deals and her music royalties why the greed? 

I am blank, and I am living for the day when Britney is free and ready to speak her truth whenever she wants to. 

Was this in the documentary. About her retiring 

8 minutes ago, nevs1212 said:

Amazing how strong and clever she is to fight every single person in this conservatorship. 

This x 100.

I appreciate her strength even more if possible. Even when locked away in a facility against her will, with 24/7 security at her door, she was fighting her own fight trying to get a new lawyer and not knowing what the consequences of those actions would be. 

It's unbelievable. And terrifying to hear about.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Britney-fan12332143 said:

Was this in the documentary. About her retiring 

Yes, her 2014 court papers are shown here and she told her former lawyer Sam Ingham that she wants to retire and change her lifestyle this can also be because she just wanted her father to be removed and take her career up in her own way but we don't know. 

• Love 2