The New York Times: Controlling Britney Spears (Framing Britney Spears Part 2) - DISCUSSION THREAD

Just now, PokemonSpears said:

I don't think it's definitive yet. If any, what it confirms is what we've always known, that there's several people accessing her accounts, but as someone said, we've known this since the days when there was just Twitter.

Why would they let those videos where she mentioned the conservatorship? Or why would she even record that one where she's by the pool if she knows she's not the one posting? Like how would she know that they were gonna try to trick the fans by suddenly pretending to be pro-freebritney? Like, are they still controlling her even now?

At the end of the day, she's still in the conservatorship, so this leads to more questions than answers.

I just wanna say, I've never heard Britney saying "folks" as much as she wrote on her instagram captions. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 4
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, Soso said:

Why can't Fe write to Sam to get in touch with Britney? She could basically DM him on Instagram. :sipnstare_coffee_mug_tea_sipping_spilling_red:
What if she did ? :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

Maybe because her name isn’t Octavia Spencer who somehow managed to connect with Sam and clear the air. Yet Fe can’t...:bieber_justin_smirk_weird:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Email My D said:

Hi guys. I literally caught the last few minutes of the doc. What were the new things that were revealed from this doc? 

Major points include:

her security recording her home. They have 180 hours worth of audio

jamie and team con tried to turn Britney and fe against each other during the circus tour

she tried to sneak in a lawyer she wanted to hire into the mental health place in 2019 and had him dress as a plumber 

they read text messages and leaked court documents from the original judge and she’s a real ***** 

• Love 1

Jeez so… after watching this my gut feeling tells me that Britney was never safe and still isn’t safe to this day. It troubles me that her Instagram is a complete mess and clearly not her. They’re showing the public what they want the public to see. 

My gut feeling also tells me that Sam Ashari cannot be trusted. I always want to believe that her situation isn’t as bad as we thought if she has a boyfriend by her side. I always wonder why everyone that truly cares for her was not allowed in but Sam was? and still is? Bare in mind her father and everyone involved is still very much in control. It doesn’t take a rocket science to finally figure it out.

I don’t think he has bad intentions, but I do think it benefits him immensely so he’s hanging on by playing both sides. I think Britney trust him as there is no one else, but he obviously is not trying to help her in anyway. He’s still there for a reason and it’s not because Britney wants him there. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, G-unit said:

And given all the cell-phone restrictions, I am now really struggling to believe she’s running her Instagram.  Why would they give her that freedom?  To reach out to her, what, 35 million followers publicly or even through DM or going live?  No way.  They have access to all the contents of her phone, tell her to record messages (like the “things are so much better than I expected”) or just use something in her cloud, and make a caption for it.

I really hope Sam is a good guy and he’s not playing her.  Talking about the staged photo op of her being released from the facility was super sad…because Sam was there.  And it takes me back to him praising her for her strength when she was sent off.  I truly hope there’s a valid reason for all of this.  I hope her team was just lying to him too to keep him at bay.

Or threatened him with not allowing him to see her if he didn't go along with it. The thing is people jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts and what could have been said behind closed doors. If you loved someone, and you didn't want to be cut out of their life who knows what you'd go along with just to know that that person wouldn't be alone.

I'm just speculating like EVERYONE else.

• Like 4