The New York Times: Controlling Britney Spears (Framing Britney Spears Part 2) - DISCUSSION THREAD

1 hour ago, Miley6676 said:

I’m still a little suspicious of the Netflix doc and I wonder if the NYT really wanted to get ahead of whatever narrative is going to come out of that. With Britney’s Gram girls clearly having an issue with ELC, and LFB working with Netflix and allegedly being involved with team con, plus Lou being bffs with the marketing director, Sam and Maxi seeming to speak out against this doc specifically (this I give the least weight too but still a little weird). I don’t think it’s going to be outright pro-team con but I think it’s going to be really focused on Jamie and not on the larger corruption. 

I wonder how this rumor started about Lou bring “besties” or “BFF” as you say with the Marketing Director at Netflix?

The woman in question is Bozoma Saint John, her LinkedIn says she is the Global Marketimg Officer (GMO) and is in charge of global branding, marketing strategy, and sales for the streaming platform as a whole.

The two don’t appear to be “friends” as such, they do not follow one another on SM, and other than Bozoma being a business client of Tristar (they do her accounting), Lou and her were only pictured together once (that we know of) at a “Hollywood Business Women” event last year. The photo included other women who also were in attendance. Hobnobbing at an event doesn’t necessarily mean they are best friends.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

All these docs have surely got to be overwhelming for Britney, I hope it doesn't mess up her confidence or anything.

I kinda feel like Liz & Sam have hinted this project was always intended to be a series as they couldnt talk about everything in just one and how they kept uncovering a lot more stuff (and that was probably up to how the first one was received to whether they got to explore and do more parts - obviously Framing Britney Spears surely surpassed all expectations which is prob how they managed to get such a fast green light on a follow up, wouldnt be surprised if there's more considering how complex the case is, judging from the title this is dedicated the ways she was  being controlled and restrained over the years, very scary..) 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Notorious I.G.G.Y. said:

All these docs have surely got to be overwhelming for Britney, I hope it doesn't mess up her confidence or anything.

I kinda feel like Liz & Sam have hinted this project was always intended to be a series as they couldnt talk about everything in just one and how they kept uncovering a lot more stuff (and that was probably up to how the first one was received to whether they got to explore and do more parts - obviously Framing Britney Spears surely surpassed all expectations which is prob how they managed to get such a fast green light on a follow up, wouldnt be surprised if there's more considering how complex the case is, judging from the title this is dedicated the ways she was  being controlled and restrained over the years, very scary..) 

I feel like if Britney speaks at the hearing, she's gonna reference the documentaries either in her advantage like "everybody's talking about it, everybody sees the problem" or as a complaint "I don't want all this people to keep talking about me, this has to end" 

• Like 4

This is such a double edged sword for Britney.. on one hand, these documentaries have helped shed light to the corruption of her conservatorship to the GP (and celebs) making her feel like she could speak up and be heard in court, leading to massive moves towards her freedom!! And then there’s the other hand we can’t ignore; she doesn’t like the publicity it’s brought to her life and the embarrassing moments they show about her past.... 

For me personally, while I understand why Britney could be upset about multiple documentaries coming out, the positive impact they bring to the public (and scaring team con) outweighs the latter. (I am NOT saying Britney’s opinions and feelings aren’t valid! They certainly are, but I think the most important part is the shift these documentaries are bringing to her case) And I’m choosing to support anything that exposes team con so Britney can live a free life. 

#freebritney 

• Love 4

OMG, I got chills watching the preview. The darkness this will uncover… I don’t know if I’m ready :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

Hopefully this will add more pressure on Penny for her to end this circus once and for all.

I don’t get why everyone’s complaining about all the docs. The more, the merrier. People need to know what’s she’s been through. 

• Love 5
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Tear the floor up up said:

Ps anyone know if this will be available to stream in the U.K. (such a nowtv)

I'm already subbed to Prime, Netflix and Disney+ and won't be renewing NowTV so will just wait till the inevitable YouTube upload before it gets removed. Apparently BritneyVault on Insta will release a link! We should have it tomorrow morning :pensiveney_britney_praying_ftr_for_the_record_2008_circus_vmas_thinking:

• Love 1