When did Britney become a legend?

When did THEE BRITNEY SPEARS become a legend?  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Though, Britney brought new things to the table till Blackout era, I feel Slave 4 U video and the performance made her something of a legend to GP eyes it really was a cultural reset I remember going to school the next day and everyone was just talking about that performance it was a moment :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

When will your fav? :clownery_makeup_meme:

5 hours ago, Brenton said:

She was already iconic but Toxic cemented her in pop culture.  “It’s Britney *****” reinforced it. 

Some of you may be too young to remember (and I feel super old saying this) but around 2006-2007 she was the most famous person to exist. To this day I think she is one of the most recognisable women in the world.

She was the most famous person from 99 I guess cause she was #1 searched person from that year (or 98)

everybody knew who she was long before 2006-2007

I would say it was right from the BOMT, but I'm going to be realistic. The world has seen a lot of one-hit wonders, and while Britneymania in 1999 was as real as it gets, she was deemed as one of those by many (especially the music critics). But then, out of nowhere, she elevated herself to a completely next level with that 2000 VMA performance. She proved that a) she's not just one-hit wonder b) she is a cultural phenomenon c) she's not just an artist for little girls 

Sure, she was an icon by 1999, but she became LEGEND with Oops...! era :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer: 

On this Iconic day 02.12.1981 

:tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:

But hang on, surely Vegas should be added to the list? A lot of people think a residency is for 'has beens' but I think its the complete opposite. No artist can secure a residency, especially a super successful 4 YEAR one, if not for their legend status. It is almost like a confirmation of the title legend/icon.