What Happened to Britney Between Circus and Femme Fatale?

I was thinking about this just today. I actually feel like there were a few changes; from FTR (where she seemed like “primeney” but just a sad version imo) to Circus tour there was somewhat of a change, and then obviously from Circus to FF a HUGE change.

It’s sad to say but ever since FF era, it’s like my brain can’t register that it’s still the same person. I see old pictures and video of her and it’s hard to believe it’s still her. It’s actually exciting on occasion when an old mannerism slips out :(

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, mmseventy said:

I was thinking about this just today. I actually feel like there were a few changes; from FTR (where she seemed like “primeney” but just a sad version imo) to Circus tour there was somewhat of a change, and then obviously from Circus to FF a HUGE change.

It’s sad to say but ever since FF era, it’s like my brain can’t register that it’s still the same person. I see old pictures and video of her and it’s hard to believe it’s still her. It’s actually exciting on occasion when an old mannerism slips out :(

It truly seems like they forced her on medication right after FTR and it changed her:sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: the mannequin rehearsal video must have happened right before they did it. and then they forced her on something else right after Circus ended when she realized the conservatorship was never going to end :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

• Love 2
  • Like 2
37 minutes ago, Kletus said:

It truly seems like they forced her on medication right after FTR and it changed her:sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: the mannequin rehearsal video must have happened right before they did it. and then they forced her on something else right after Circus ended when she realized the conservatorship was never going to end :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

I always think of the Mannequin rehearsal video too!! It’s a completely different energy even from the Circus tour, let alone anything after that. 

• Love 4
  • Like 3

I hate to even think of this. All I know is it was something sinister. She was drugged but with what? All those promotional Femme Fatale performances prove it. It was like she was a complete different person.

However the gp worshipped Femme Fatale, her first album with 3 top 10 hits. After she's free and if she decides to resume her career I know her fans will have her back and the GP will be behind her. Just this feeling I get.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, mmseventy said:

I always think of the Mannequin rehearsal video too!! It’s a completely different energy even from the Circus tour, let alone anything after that. 

Yes, obviously the “breakdown” did not change her, it was whatever they did to her after she was placed in the conservatorship... and the mannequin rehearsal video proves it :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

• Love 2
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, mmseventy said:

THIS. 
It’s like she became a completely different person and we’ve basically never seen that side of her again. Even during Glory era, you could tell she was trying, but something had changed.

I can’t imagine going through all that. Bless her heart.

• Love 6
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Deepheat01Deepheat01 said:

Settle down.  You're literally about to find out September 28th.

#BritneyVsSpears

Do you know something we don’t?:walkonby_britney_sunglasses_walking_oh_hi_smile:

#BritneyVsSpears :walkonby_britney_sunglasses_walking_oh_hi_smile:

OP: I don’t know if Britney reads this forum so I won’t say much because I don’t wanna hurt her feelings, will just agree with you that yes, she changed a LOT in under two years from late 2009 to early 2011, I guess it’s the same reason everybody else has mentioned, heavy medication + the cship being made permanent.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

Lithium I reckon. 

When Britney said she was put on lithium in 2019, I think she was originally put on it in 2010. She shows all the signs of it and it basically wiped her. She’s never really been fully the same since then and her appearance drastically changed. 

7 hours ago, G-unit said:

Her conservatorship went from “temporary” to “permanent” - and IMO they began to medicate her more (esp with benzodiazepines for anxiety - I take them and her eye lids really drooped a lot during that era, the same way mine do when I take my medication) - I also believe the change in the status of her conservatorship caused her to lose hope…which is so sad.  During Circus, she believed they were going to end it when the tour ended, so it’s almost like she felt like she could really enjoy the era and have fun because she was going to have her freedoms back when the tour was over.

Maybe drug cocktail including those? Britney look really sleepy the entire femme fatale era. And we are complaining how her performances are not consistent. I’m sorry Britney..

5 hours ago, mmseventy said:

Thissss! A million-billion percent 💔

• Like 1
12 hours ago, mmseventy said:

same thing happens to me, it's like seeing 2 different Britneys

anyhow at the same time, after all we know now, watching anything after Circus, I have so much respect for her that I feel I couldn't love her more if I tried

• Love 1