Do you think Britney will become an Advocate for Conservatorship abuse when she is free?

Slayer

Of course it would be nice if she did. Not only cause it would be noble from her to use her power to help the invisible ones but also cause she would be seen (finally!) as more than just a blond girl - which the gp still thinks she is. 

Still I don’t think she should be criticized, if she chose not to.
Yes, her situation has got the public’s attention now but it’s her own personal life we are talking about really and we forget about this at times.

I think she would like to move forward and not ever have to go back and deal with this very hard, painful and traumatizing time of her life. Not in the public at least.

The girl has been living a weird life since she was 17 and has been deprived of 13 years since she was 25. A time where most people learn a lot about themselves and life in general. Let her live. 

I'm not really sure :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

Completely different case, but a few weeks ago I was watching an interview with a Mexican actress Nailea Norvind. She was in an abusive relationship, she suffered physical violence and other things, many years ago. She had actually retired from acting for a while to be a "wife and mom" until she just couldn't take it anymore. At first when she first opened up about her experiences, she started to be invited to conferences, and seminars, and to share her story and be an advocate and all this, and it just got to a point where she was like, she understood she could help people by sharing her story but at the same time she didn't want to keep reliving those moments over and over, and carry with that responsibility on her shoulders of being a "role model" for the victims of abuse. She wanted to go back to acting, to move on with her life and her daughters, and just be happy again. So she simply just stopped going to all these places, and now she rarely speaks about it anymore unless she's asked, but she said it was necessary for her to let that go in order to heal.

So I kinda see that happening with Britney. Maybe she'll speak up once, when she's ready, but that's it. Even as an artist she always talked about not considering herself a role model of anything. So who knows, maybe she'll keep doing some stuff behind the scenes, but I don't really see her dedicating her life to fight against the system, in a public manner, but who knows. 

Not to give her a free pass, but I think her even being in this situation and sharing her testimony in court brought a LOT of attention to issues most people didn't even know existed. I feel like she unintentionally already helped with this cause.

I can see Britney not really doing much publicly regarding conservatorship abuse because she doesn't like that kind of attention, but also because it must be so traumatic for her. I know victims/survivors of other types of abuse sometimes find they want to devote their time/energy to the type of abuse they endured - and all the power to them! - but I just don't see Britney wanting to revisit the 13 (and hopefully that number doesn't go up that much, if at all) years of conservatorship abuse she endured.

I don’t believe that’s her job, and I don’t think that’s was ever honestly what she wanted….I don’t think she ever wanted to become a face of a movement she just wants her life back, and hopefully she doesn’t spend anytime dealing with anymore of this mess she’s been damaged enough! 

she’s need move to a beautiful island outside of the USA and drink mimosas and smoke as much w**d as she pleases, lord Ik she needs it

47 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

I agree but why is it sad?

The way I see it she has already done more than enough for the cause. I wouldn’t blame her if this was the last thing she ever wanted to think about again.  

Because there are thousands of similar cases without a voice. And once she is free media will forget about Conservatorship issues.

She could be a big voice to ppl in similar situations

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, toxiccriminal said:

Not to give her a free pass, but I think her even being in this situation and sharing her testimony in court brought a LOT of attention to issues most people didn't even know existed. I feel like she unintentionally already helped with this cause.

I can see Britney not really doing much publicly regarding conservatorship abuse because she doesn't like that kind of attention, but also because it must be so traumatic for her. I know victims/survivors of other types of abuse sometimes find they want to devote their time/energy to the type of abuse they endured - and all the power to them! - but I just don't see Britney wanting to revisit the 13 (and hopefully that number doesn't go up that much, if at all) years of conservatorship abuse she endured.

I agree, some of her most memorable things are only 3-4 minutes long (BOMT, Oops, Toxic, Gimme More, all 3-4 minutes), and people hang onto onto those 3-4 minutes she creates like they're gold

Her court statement was 23 minutes :bsass_britney_boys_nod: she basically gave us a whole new album in court

and it hit #1 on the chart, and THEN some :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming: she's done her job, it'll be remembered forever :bsass_britney_boys_nod:

1 minute ago, Easy There said:

Because there are thousands of similar cases without a voice. And once she is free media will forget about Conservatorship issues.

She could be a big voice to ppl in similar situations

I’ve thought about this most notably in relation to Amanda Bynes who doesn’t have a legion of fans like Britney, but even besides Amanda it’s sad know that many people in America are being damaged by the unfair systems that have allowed legal slavery to exist in multiple ways, it sad because those people don’t have a voice or even support and I can understand why some people in certain communities don’t want to support FreeBritney because they see Britney as rich white American celebrity but as we can see this system can snatch up anyone, Britney’s fame and success couldn’t even save her

1 minute ago, Britman512 said:

I’ve thought about this most notably in relation to Amanda Bynes who doesn’t have a legion of fans like Britney, but even besides Amanda it’s sad know that many people in America are being damaged by the unfair systems that have allowed legal slavery to exist in multiple ways, it sad because those people don’t have a voice or even support and I can understand why some people in certain communities don’t want to support FreeBritney because they see Britney as rich white American celebrity but as we can see this system can snatch up anyone, Britney’s fame and success couldn’t even save her

Exactly.

So I really hope she releases some kind of documentary on this whole thing. And does something positive with this whole ordeal. By exposing it to its core.

She doesn't have to. But it would be awesome if she did.

Even we will forget about it if she doesn't. And media will do the same thing even quicker.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Easy There said:

Exactly.

So I really hope she releases some kind of documentary on this whole thing. And does something positive with this whole ordeal. By exposing it to its core.

She doesn't have to. But it would be awesome if she did.

Even we will forget about it if she doesn't. And media will do the same thing even quicker.

Yeah If she wants to speak about it she should just write that good book she promised us back in 08. I can’t see her wanting to bring all the attention of a documentary or interview to herself.

just turn the page and be done Britney!:bedtime_britney_book_Reading: