Is the negative impact of the dancing IG videos fully understood?

Seanril

My stance on them have changed lately... 

Previously I couldn't even watch them, and as a fan I must admit at times feeling embarrassed. That's just me being totally honest... 

But now... I see them for what they are - Britney taking control of what she shows us. If your still that delusional that you think she isn't posting them then I can't help u... But think about it for years her image has been controlled, she would literally dissappear between eras probably on the word of her label to build momentum and excitement for ANOTHER promo schedule. This is her now saying, this is me take it or leave it and deciding what shes showing us, good or bad. 

Have these hurt her image?  Probably. But do you think she cares about that at this time in her career or life? Then neither do I.

Its a shame we don't get more of her in the dance studio like the Janet choreo, even if it's just for fun becuase she can obviously still MOVE and as Britney fans that's what we crave, and these insta videos give the wrong impression, I get it. But we have to accept it. 

• Like 2

I admire Britney for being authentic and I really appreciate her for not trying to present herself as this majestic queen character. She is who she is and she’s showing that through her dance videos. I see them as a artistic expression of her most basic trait: being a dancer :pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard:

Having said that I do agree that the editing in most of the videos is a mess, the songs are mostly choppy, some scenes are repeated several times, I just can’t :emma: 

But at the end of the day I don’t think she’s manic or erratic, as some people here love to say :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated: I mean, she’s just having fun

As for the GP, they think Britney is crazy since 2007 and they’ll see craziness in everything she does, because that’s what we do as a judgemental society, so good for her for living her truth (as she can) :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

• Love 4
  • Like 2
11 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

This is not about having pink tinted glasses.

This is about living in a judgemental society. Your friends or anyone else calling her videos bizarre, it's just a product of the society we live in. And you may have a point, I mean, they can be seen by anyone as whatever they please, there's different cultural backgrounds, etc.

She can post "bizarre" videos. You can post them too, and I can, and anyone else can, and everybody can think of them as bizarre, that's completely valid. What is not valid is then go on to judge a person, or their mental capabilities, or even put on question whether or not that person deserves freedom, her basic rights, etc, based on a "bizarre" social media post. That's the truly bizarre behavior, to judge someone by a post on the internet, someone that happens to be an artist, despite everything else going on in her life.

Judging her by her social media posts is no different than the people that judged her back in the day for shaving her head. In fact, it's even worse, because you would think we already moved on from that, that we've evolved as a society, that everybody can look back at 2007 and realize that damn, she didn't deserve to be called crazy or whatever just for something as dumb as that. Yet here they are, judging her by her appearance, or her dance moves, or "strange" captions.

People's judgement of Britney based on her videos and posts, that's the true negativity, and I don't think your friends, you, and many people in this place and out there truly understand it.

I couldn't have put it more eloquently myself. She posts videos that make her happy. Why does she have to do fully choreographed dances to please the masses? Everyone looks at her videos with that "crazy" narrative and just works backwards from that conclusion. People don't even realize it. They can't even comprehend there could be other reasons why someone would post "spinning" videos 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, thedoughboy said:

gurl, those "dancing" videos are nothing more than what the average person does while jamming out to music in the car . you mean to tell me you've never started dancing in the car to a song? Never started dancing while cooking? hell sometimes I dance in the shower to music. Does that make me crazy? no. 

Who knows maybe she had a therapist recommend to her to do that to release energy. she didn't put a lot of effort into them so they are obviously not to be taken seriously

side note: I bet none of yall remember her the video of her twirling in a studio a few months after sean was born (the nanny was pushing sean in the stroller) was she crazy back then too?

It’s not a problem  that she dances, or even records them…the question why are the same videos posted over and over

11 hours ago, bas che said:

I see where you’re coming from And I agree that the posts may seem odd to the GP. Britney Stans take a seat and  let’s not pretend that the videos, while playful, fun and silly, cannot be be perceived otherwise.

Just like how you want the entire world to accept your views, let people have their own views. The OP wasn’t harsh or negative. He/she presented his views in an objective manner so y’all better stop getting defensive and start acknowledging that other opinions are also valid.

As for the comparisons with Miley, yes she does crazy stuff like lifting up her skirt.... but the GP is familiar with her personality, she’s well spoken and articulate on stage and in interviews and has many other avenues to voice her opinion and shows many sides of herself to the public as well as engage with them. She’s crazy in one place but makes up for it in another place. 

Whereas Britney’s main and only channel is Instagram. And for the most part only this side was presented to us (spinning and dancing). There were no other way to see content from her outside of Instagram, and this of course amplified this reputation her Instagram is know for. 

tldr; The fact that the GP finds the IG posts a tad odd is valid because they could only see one side of Britney and form this opinion about her during this time period. However what’s not acceptable is how harsh and negative these comments can be. 

Thank you so much for truly understanding my entire point. ❤️ I agree wholeheartedly.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

@Seanril I know you requested to delete this thread, but I think it's ok to have this conversation, or at least leave it open so everyone can read the other opinions, as some people do agree with you.

I'm sorry if I sounded too defensive, but that's what I think, can't speak for others.

I can still delete it if you want to.

(tried to message you but you don't have the messages enabled)

You can leave it open. I appreciate it. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, mystic falls said:

The videos are not the problem, the editing is which leads me to believe team con is doing it on purpose. It’s always sped up and cuts the song and so on. Idk anymore, hate them. :slowdown_down_cardib_b_cardi_um_fast_confused_what_stare:

This this this

look idc the reason people voice concern, the reason I voice concern because it looks like a lot of team con manipulation is going on… no one here, no supportive FreeBritney fan here is trying to cause problems or “incite hate” when we speak about the obvious problems we’re seeing in these videos, the editing is the main problem!!!!!

also her dancing is not the problem  cmon guys we live in the TikTok age where filming yourself dancing is very, very, very NORMAL, it’s the editing!

5 hours ago, ElenaB said:

let's stop with the "the videos are completely normal what are you talking about" narrative because it's not helping anyone. you're delusional if you honestly think those videos are not kind of... strange. if u saw taylor swift or beyonce or katy perry doing it you'd think they're weird too.

however, the fact that they're strange doesn't mean she's mental / crazy / deserves to be under the cship AT ALL. i don't know if they're made on purpose by her team who control her ig or if she has control over them and just likes to post them, i haven't made my mind around that debate just yet (and neither has this fanbase as a whole). but if she likes to post them i think she may be unaware of how bizzare they look and that makes her even more natural and wholesome. so summing up, i agree with you, the impact they have on the gp is bad, and bigger than some of us thought, but that doesn't mean she can't post them if she wants to. 

❤️

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Markoct said:

Im surprised to see how defensive everyone is. Yes the videos are cringe and no, none of you wouod have been a stan if she danced like that in music videoes. Having said that this isnt a music video and britney is at her home doing what she wants and being silly and goofty with it at HOME. Also understand given her situatuin its the only thing she can work with and i do think a dancer has to dance. I think she would have made them better if she had a choice and had access to chosing editors etc  but i also truly think she is a rebel and also doesnt give a Fu**. So , personally I dont think its bad but yes totally would have loved to see better content but again given the situation i dont expect anything more and I love this for her.

Ps tbh even with the cringe its better than all live performances today so.

Thank you. I appreciate the honesty.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, MikeMasi said:

I agree with this 100%. I feel the same way and know so many people who want her free but at the same time say that she posts weird videos. 

And as a Britney fan, it’s like we can’t express that to other Britney fans. We are not allowed to have a voice or disagree with certain things she does without being called names and being insulted. I already see the replies you are getting. It’s ridiculous! 

Thank you. I am glad to see certain people can go against the grain even though they absolutely love her. It’s just weird - That’s all. I’m not saying she’s some psycho ***** that needs to be locked up. It was just a serious post and observations about someone else outside the Britney Army making a comment (as have others) and I just wanted to discuss. I am not a yes man where I have to agree and support every fiber of her, her statements, decisions or actions.  

• Love 1
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, MikeMasi said:

I would also like to add to my previous post. Besides the fact that you can’t ever disagree with what Britney does in this community (there’s no such thing as being a fan and apparently disagreeing with some things she does), I want to make some other points. 

The reason why I agree with the original poster is because when people see it, they see her making the weird faces and the hand movements. All of which we have NEVER seen from Britney before. These are not typical things you see. She writing captions for people to kiss her *** and cursing in captions and writing stuff that has nothing to do with her twirling. It makes it look like there is something wrong.  If you support it, enjoy it! But it has others rolling eyes meanwhile those people who are rolling their eyes still want her happy and out of the conservatorship. But we don’t have to agree with her videos. She doesn’t like attention but yet continues to put herself out there with this content. 

If I was Sam or her kids, I would tell her to stop and that the videos are not flattering. It’s called tough love! Even if she did these videos once in awhile, it’s fine, but that’s ALL she posts! That’s what makes it odd. She had a time where she shared old pictures, vacation pictures, did workout videos and anything with Sam, her kids and her life. Those are all good and fine! Heck, even her doing the woody wood pecker was cute and lively! Another good example is when she posted about the vaccine or her Christmas tree. But these videos of her dancing and talking like a child makes her look like a little girl stuck in a almost 40 year old woman. Younger/prime Britney never acted like that. 

As far as the documentaries and using old footage and pictures, she needs to understand that’s part of fame. I hate seeing those out there too but at the end of the day she still did what she did. No one forced her! We know she went through a lot but she needs to accept that she did what she did and that is what caused the conservatorship. Maybe at one time it helped her but now  enough is enough. 

THANK YOU

I wish Sam or her kids or whoever would say “Sorry B those vids gotta go.”

If it was my sister or best friend posting videos like that - best believe I would be telling them the truth. 

• Like 2

It's time for some to understand that Britney is not here to please us! You get uncomfortable with her posts? Don't follow her! But wanting to control what or how she posts is just sick and it's my understanding that it goes against all we are trying to do with #freebritney. 

She might not have the same well produced videos on social midia that others do, but then again nobody else has lived what she is living for the past 13 years, being held against her will with forced medicines. 

Wanting to take from her one of the few things she enjoys to do just because makes you uncomfortable is just selfish, imo!

Let her be! 

• Love 4

I've thought about why Sam or her kids don't tell her to at least change some stuff like the editing, the angle, or something like that in order to simply make the videos slightly better, it wouldn't be that hard... but then I also think this is a woman so isolated this outlet is basically all she has to express herself, so I kind of get it if they just want to let her do her thing however she wants to. I'm constantly torn between thinking this is just her unfiltered self expression, or this is a statement she's making as some sort of 'rebellion' against what's expected of her.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, TomasBR said:

It's time for some to understand that Britney is not here to please us! You get uncomfortable with her posts? Don't follow her! But wanting to control what or how she posts is just sick and it's my understanding that it goes against all we are trying to do with #freebritney. 

She might not have the same well produced videos on social midia that others do, but then again nobody else has lived what she is living for the past 13 years, being held against her will with forced medicines. 

Wanting to take from her one of the few things she enjoys to do just because makes you uncomfortable is just selfish, imo!

Let her be! 

Let her be? No one is wanting to take a way anything from her. The levels of obsession people have over a comment someone doesn’t agree with is ridiculous. 

This fan base is also quick to judge others and if it wasn’t Britney doing it, you guys would be making the same comments about another celeb or person 

• Love 1