Is the negative impact of the dancing IG videos fully understood?

Seanril

25 minutes ago, Peachy said:

She posts them because she has been forced to dance to other people’s choreographed routines for years and those movements make her feel endorphins and FEEL GOOD. That’s all.. anybody who judges so harshly is a simpleton who doesn’t understand the power of letting go and being.. if people don’t like it they could always unfollow and move on with life. Like Britney is doing 

This. I'm so sick of this. A part of her fanbase is the worst actually. Completely missing the point of her whole situation. She's a person, and she'll post whatever she wants. If you find it cringe then unfollow her. She has nothing to prove anymore. 

• Love 4
  • Like 1

So, there is this thing called freedom and opinion. I don't think there is anything wrong with liking or disliking something. I see ppl getting offended by this post. I see ppl getting frsutrated at her posting those videos. Why? I mean, I get it, fandom is, in the mind of the fan, an unconscious belonging and an ownership of the object of adoration, but thing is she is a person, not an object. Now, this level of adoration some fans expect from other fans is absurd. Just because someone has it and someone doesn't have that infatuation with all she does, doesn't make you a hater.

Having said that, I have to disagree about these videos necessarily making her look crazy. They are unusual, they are not glamorous and they definitely don't show a skilled dancer or an elaborate choreo, does this automatically turn them into proof of instability? No. Some like them, some don't, as with everything else. If someone has posted things to affect her image throughout the conservatorship years, we don't know, but seems very likely, at least at some point in time. Thing is, right now we don't know much else and so far, she seems to enjoy spending time creating those things for IG. And yes, many people mock her and call her crazy for those videos, because people have opinions and some are respectful and some are not. People also mock Adele for having lost weight, and Taylor Swift for her former boyfriends and Gaga for being Gaga and their neighbor for wearing skirts. It's part of the business and the world.

I have to say, I personally don't like the videos, I find them dull and I would not post something like that, but I am me and Britney is her own person and how counter-intuitive would it be for me to censor someone else? SomeoneI have been claiming to wish freedom for. Does it affect her brand? Mmm depends, the 20 something untouchable hottie that was her brand 20 years ago, maybe, but who knows what her brand will be or if she even cares about that. My only curiousity regarding that is that there is a real contradiction between her wanting to be left alone and private and yet, stirring the pot of social media. Contradictory approach to privacy, but condistent with how she has always handled it. She would say she wanted to vanish with Kevin, but she recorded Chaotic. She wanted to be left alone but would go to some paparazzi infested areas in LA. Maybe she struggles with wanting to be private, but not knowing how to not need otherss' gaze. After all, from a young age she was pushed and forced to be constantly "on" to be seen. That ain't easy to defeat. Who knows. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

@Seanril I know you requested to delete this thread, but I think it's ok to have this conversation, or at least leave it open so everyone can read the other opinions, as some people do agree with you.

I'm sorry if I sounded too defensive, but that's what I think, can't speak for others.

I can still delete it if you want to.

(tried to message you but you don't have the messages enabled)

• Love 2
  • Like 1

They are bizzare, anyone who tells otherwise is just deluded. But this is the new soccer mom brit. Get used to it. Yes it feels weird that she dances that way . I miss her rythm. But as some fellas said here, what the hell!  How being bizzare or smth has to do with being a freaking slave under a con-****ship? So no this cant hurt the case.

• Love 3
  • Like 5
3 hours ago, Seanril said:

I just have been wanting to speak of this for a little bit but had a conversation a few minutes ago with my cousin after I showed her the Netflix trailer. She wanted to checkout B’s IG page. She loves her as well (not to a stan level) and supports her being free and happy, but was being so serious when speaking of those bizarre dance videos.

I wanted to come here and truly openly discuss them because is it not understood how damaging those videos are? If she does have control, why is she posting those especially with the very strange captions? If she does not control her IG, why is she recording those to begin with? The amount of damage they have done in the public just could have been avoided. It adds to the unhinged, manic, mental toetag that they assign to her.

She is such an incredibly talented woman and those dancing videos/makeup/attire are so peculiar and odd, and hurt the cause so much. I could never imagine Britney doing these pre-conservatorship or even pre-post Vegas, honestly. 

A follow up question I ask myself: why doesn’t her boyfriend tell her how strange they are? Why wouldn’t he help her and give her the memo to cool it?

I just don’t understand the purpose of them, and why they exist. Before anyone tried to come for me, please take off your rose colored glasses and truly understand the point of this.

Therapeutic personal self expression and an attempt to connect with people in a world where she is terrorized tightly controlled and  anyone who shows her genuine warmth or kindness is removed.

Human self expression trying to stay happy in very difficult circumstances.

Not a curated promotional  IG but a genuine human communication

• Love 1

I find it bizarre that people find someone dancing in there house bizarre. Do you and  your friend also think the countless randoms who do that **** on tiktok is also bizarre or is that reserved just for Britney??? I also find it bizarre that people expect her to be in full glam, costume and stage persona doing professional choreo in her ******* living room, let the girl just freestyle in whatever clothes and hair she feels comfortable, she’s not your *** **** Barbie doll!!!

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I think people see them as 'bizarre' because 1) for many years the GP has been so conditioned to think of her as unstable, whatever she does is seen as a sing of unstability, and she's a quirky person so she can never win. And 2) our brain is soooo used to people being all perfect and polished in social media, as soon as we see a celebrity act like a real unpolished person who edits their videos badly we think something is off. Why is this person not trying to please her followers with perfectly edited content, perfect make up, perfect hair, perfect manicure? I bet if those same videos were recorded with a little more care/time in terms of editing, lighting, setting the right angle, etc people would be loving it, but she basically does it as a release, not a performance, and she doesn't give a f what people think...Sometimes I think it's yet another way of her saying "you all expect me to be something I'm not".

Also, sometimes I think this is her way of going on stike on ig too...she's sharing stuff with fans but not treating it as a job like celebrities do, she just uploads whatever and that's it. I believe whoever manages the account justs uploads whatever she sends them, I don't think there's any tampering with the editing of the videos but I do think sometimes they change the captions for some reason, and she knows it, and she doesn't like being controlled so she doesn't feel like taking the time and effort to produce "quality" ig content when she can't even log in herself and like her boyfriend's comments in there.

• Love 6

let's stop with the "the videos are completely normal what are you talking about" narrative because it's not helping anyone. you're delusional if you honestly think those videos are not kind of... strange. if u saw taylor swift or beyonce or katy perry doing it you'd think they're weird too.

however, the fact that they're strange doesn't mean she's mental / crazy / deserves to be under the cship AT ALL. i don't know if they're made on purpose by her team who control her ig or if she has control over them and just likes to post them, i haven't made my mind around that debate just yet (and neither has this fanbase as a whole). but if she likes to post them i think she may be unaware of how bizzare they look and that makes her even more natural and wholesome. so summing up, i agree with you, the impact they have on the gp is bad, and bigger than some of us thought, but that doesn't mean she can't post them if she wants to. 

• Love 4
  • Like 5

Im surprised to see how defensive everyone is. Yes the videos are cringe and no, none of you wouod have been a stan if she danced like that in music videoes. Having said that this isnt a music video and britney is at her home doing what she wants and being silly and goofty with it at HOME. Also understand given her situatuin its the only thing she can work with and i do think a dancer has to dance. I think she would have made them better if she had a choice and had access to chosing editors etc  but i also truly think she is a rebel and also doesnt give a Fu**. So , personally I dont think its bad but yes totally would have loved to see better content but again given the situation i dont expect anything more and I love this for her.

Ps tbh even with the cringe its better than all live performances today so.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Seanril said:

I just have been wanting to speak of this for a little bit but had a conversation a few minutes ago with my cousin after I showed her the Netflix trailer. She wanted to checkout B’s IG page. She loves her as well (not to a stan level) and supports her being free and happy, but was being so serious when speaking of those bizarre dance videos.

I wanted to come here and truly openly discuss them because is it not understood how damaging those videos are? If she does have control, why is she posting those especially with the very strange captions? If she does not control her IG, why is she recording those to begin with? The amount of damage they have done in the public just could have been avoided. It adds to the unhinged, manic, mental toetag that they assign to her.

She is such an incredibly talented woman and those dancing videos/makeup/attire are so peculiar and odd, and hurt the cause so much. I could never imagine Britney doing these pre-conservatorship or even pre-post Vegas, honestly. 

A follow up question I ask myself: why doesn’t her boyfriend tell her how strange they are? Why wouldn’t he help her and give her the memo to cool it?

I just don’t understand the purpose of them, and why they exist. Before anyone tried to come for me, please take off your rose colored glasses and truly understand the point of this.

I agree with this 100%. I feel the same way and know so many people who want her free but at the same time say that she posts weird videos. 

And as a Britney fan, it’s like we can’t express that to other Britney fans. We are not allowed to have a voice or disagree with certain things she does without being called names and being insulted. I already see the replies you are getting. It’s ridiculous! 

• Love 2
  • Like 2

She’s weird for Instagram. Period. And I’m not meaning in a bad way, is just because Instagram is the glam app, people dislike her videos because shes not Kim K or Kylie, they spend +300k to look flawless in a single video or pic, they’re a marketing trademark same with another influencers or celebs, and Britney is just Britney, even at her prime she hated going out in glam clothes, she’s goofy and she’s doesn’t give a **** anymore. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

I would also like to add to my previous post. Besides the fact that you can’t ever disagree with what Britney does in this community (there’s no such thing as being a fan and apparently disagreeing with some things she does), I want to make some other points. 

The reason why I agree with the original poster is because when people see it, they see her making the weird faces and the hand movements. All of which we have NEVER seen from Britney before. These are not typical things you see. She writing captions for people to kiss her *** and cursing in captions and writing stuff that has nothing to do with her twirling. It makes it look like there is something wrong.  If you support it, enjoy it! But it has others rolling eyes meanwhile those people who are rolling their eyes still want her happy and out of the conservatorship. But we don’t have to agree with her videos. She doesn’t like attention but yet continues to put herself out there with this content. 

If I was Sam or her kids, I would tell her to stop and that the videos are not flattering. It’s called tough love! Even if she did these videos once in awhile, it’s fine, but that’s ALL she posts! That’s what makes it odd. She had a time where she shared old pictures, vacation pictures, did workout videos and anything with Sam, her kids and her life. Those are all good and fine! Heck, even her doing the woody wood pecker was cute and lively! Another good example is when she posted about the vaccine or her Christmas tree. But these videos of her dancing and talking like a child makes her look like a little girl stuck in a almost 40 year old woman. Younger/prime Britney never acted like that. 

As far as the documentaries and using old footage and pictures, she needs to understand that’s part of fame. I hate seeing those out there too but at the end of the day she still did what she did. No one forced her! We know she went through a lot but she needs to accept that she did what she did and that is what caused the conservatorship. Maybe at one time it helped her but now  enough is enough. 

• Love 2
  • Like 7

I think she just loves dancing, probably does some every day anyway because it's a passion and switches the camera on while she does it. It's just so real and unpolished that people don't know how to react to it because we're so used to celebrities and influencers in general being obsessed with image and how they come across to their followers. 

• Love 2

we might see her smiling in these videos and having fun but we know very well to very little what our girl has gone through. 

The last proof is her testimony back in June and there i heard a person speak truthfully and i could just feel her sorrow..

These little projects are a coping mechanism for her to stay afloat and sane. She even admitted that she is not trying to appeal to the young generation and do what they do to seem "cool" :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

she does what makes her feel good :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point: 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

This is not about having pink tinted glasses.

This is about living in a judgemental society. Your friends or anyone else calling her videos bizarre, it's just a product of the society we live in. And you may have a point, I mean, they can be seen by anyone as whatever they please, there's different cultural backgrounds, etc.

She can post "bizarre" videos. You can post them too, and I can, and anyone else can, and everybody can think of them as bizarre, that's completely valid. What is not valid is then go on to judge a person, or their mental capabilities, or even put on question whether or not that person deserves freedom, her basic rights, etc, based on a "bizarre" social media post. That's the truly bizarre behavior, to judge someone by a post on the internet, someone that happens to be an artist, despite everything else going on in her life.

Judging her by her social media posts is no different than the people that judged her back in the day for shaving her head. In fact, it's even worse, because you would think we already moved on from that, that we've evolved as a society, that everybody can look back at 2007 and realize that damn, she didn't deserve to be called crazy or whatever just for something as dumb as that. Yet here they are, judging her by her appearance, or her dance moves, or "strange" captions.

People's judgement of Britney based on her videos and posts, that's the true negativity, and I don't think your friends, you, and many people in this place and out there truly understand it.

So much yes to this post. Standing ovation.