Erin Lee Car's new interview with Los Angeles Times: How Netflix’s new Britney Spears documentary hopes to get her story right

Oxic

11 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

I won’t watch this until Britney herself says she’s okay with it. I doubt she is, she has been very outspoken about her hatred of these documentaries that speak on her behalf, even Sam spoke against this documentary. I will wait until Britney shared her own story.

Cmon gurl :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

29 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

I won’t watch this until Britney herself says she’s okay with it. I doubt she is, she has been very outspoken about her hatred of these documentaries that speak on her behalf, even Sam spoke against this documentary. I will wait until Britney shared her own story.

Such a **** take honestly. This is pushing this case along and will ultimately help free her regardless of If she’s involved or whether she explicitly outright screams her support. This is what journalism is. It always has been. This is going to cause and earthquake shift in her legal battle that will only benefit her. 

I called an industry insider at the beginning, and the person was like, “Yeah, good luck getting anyone to talk. It’s not gonna fly. It’s this story that nobody talks about.”

:tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

No wonder this has been the case for over 13 years. If it weren't for us fans, Britney would never have had a chance at a better life. Sad but true. Looks like Lou is the conductor of Hollywood.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Forever222 said:

I agree. The overall feeling I got was it did seem Erin was taking a both sides of the story approach. I’m glad they re edited it. But we will see what we get next week :gunney:

I honestly doubt she was “taking both sides”, inviting the other side to “speak” doesn’t imply your “taking sides”. That’s just good journalism.

Erin is a feminist and woman’s rights campaigner. Her SM is all about freedom of expression and equality for women.

She herself said:

“She (Britney) wants to get out of the conservatorship, so therefore we should know what is going on inside it”.

Why would she take sides if since as far back as 2008/2009 there’s evidence of Britney wanting out. The teaser even used a voicemail from 2009 to promote itself. 

If anything she wanted to get to the bottom of why Britney was so adamant to get out, and as you know what she likely found would convive a fly something was desperately and horribly wrong.

Edited by Justin Woodpond
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Britman512 said:

Project red was never code for a documentary whattt

This.

If the Netflix doc was supposed to be Project Red, that would mean Britney knew about it and supported it through her Project Red IG posts. But all the headlines as well as IG comments from Sam make it clear that even though Britney welcomes the support for #freebritney she is not a fan of the fact that people keep making documentaries about her life. 

Project Red is still a mystery as is Project Rose. I hope this whole documentary isn’t as much of a reach as this article. 

13 hours ago, thedoughboy said:

so I wonder if this means it was pro conservatoship before? or maybe it was just kinda in the middle and didn't choose a side

No I think she means her documentary was also going to cover a lot of the misogyny/media treatment etc. that was the intended & overarching focus of Framing Britney. So her producer told her to scratch that approach and make examining the conservatorship itself the priority. 

• Like 3