Variety gives some info on Netflix 'Britney VS Spears' Documentary.

A Netflix documentary about Britney Spears is one step closer to reaching the screen, as a trailer teaser for the film “Britney Vs. Spears” confirms. In the 18-second clip, Spears is heard leaving a message for an attorney in 2009. A trailer is expected to drop on Wednesday, Sept. 22 and the doc itself on Sept. 28, ahead of Spears’ next court date on Sept. 29.

The documentary is being directed by Erin Lee Carr and has been underway for more than a year. Netflix declined Variety‘s request for comment on the project, and representatives for Carr did not immediately respond.

The Netflix doc is said to center around Spears’ highly-unusual conservatorship, and will feature key figures in Spears’ orbit. It is unclear, though highly unlikely that Spears, herself, will appear in the project, given how closely guarded she has been from media opportunities throughout the course of her conservatorship. Earlier this month, Spears’ father Jamie asked a judge to end her 13-year conservatorship. Of his daughter, an attorney wrote in the request, “If Ms. Spears wants to terminate the conservatorship and believes that she can handle her own life, Mr. Spears believes that she should get that chance.”

From the time that the New York Times doc was released (and after the Netflix project was put into development), Spears’ situation has been thrust into the center of the international news cycle, following Spears giving her own testimony, for the first time ever, on June 23, during her first public court hearing at the Los Angeles Superior Courthouse. Ever since the hearing, where Spears called her conservatorship “abusive,” the singer’s legal battle has continued with unwavering support from Hollywood and fans around the globe, not to mention heightened media scrutiny and fan investigations into each and every legal filing.

Carr, the daughter of the late David Carr, the noted journalist and author, is best known for exploring criminal justice in her projects, which include Netflix’s “How to Fix a Drug Scandal” and “I Love You, Now Die: The Commonwealth vs. Michelle Carter” for HBO.

Article Link

• Like 6

If the documentary really is coming out on the 28th, I do find it strange that they wouldn’t just wait to include whatever important progress occurs on the 29th. Like, even if it’s just added as epilogue text. It just seems dumb to me to release the day before other major developments because it makes their doc project willfully/intentionally incomplete. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Tetris said:

If the documentary really is coming out on the 28th, I do find it strange that they wouldn’t just wait to include whatever important progress occurs on the 29th. Like, even if it’s just added as epilogue text. It just seems dumb to me to release the day before other major developments because it makes their doc project willfully/intentionally incomplete. 

Right? Like it will only be fully relevant for one day… 

Maybe Britney is involved in the doc on the backend.  Kinda how the NYT exposé came out the day before that last hearing and revealed the info about her performing with a fever?  

There is clearly a part 2 coming from what I'm gathering, but the timeline is making me think B is involved in SOME way.  At least I hope...

I better not see b**chyy B in this documentary though.  I BETTER NOT!