Rihanna says R9 is experimental: "You’re not gonna expect what you hear"

Jordan Miller

2 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Rihanna says her new record will be experimental. :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

At one point there was buzz she was releasing two albums: one more conventional Rihanna, one reggae. No idea if that's still happening - one way or another though I'm perched. 

rihep.jpg.816d8adbf93a14eaaac1e63081a57294.jpg

It's nice she is experimenting last she did was on Anti and that was a timeless album 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

I think it’s obvious she’s nervous about releasing her album. Her albums are never very successful and they never match up to the hype of her singles. We were made to believe Anti was very successful or something but it really wasn’t. Only one song was successful worldwide and even that one was nowhere near her older hits.

i dont see why she would be nervous though? shes  been asked constantly  about it for the past 3 years by her fans and interviewers so theres clearly a demand for it. and if it did flop,  its not gunna affect rihanna in any way whatsoever because shes got a multimillion selling fashion brand and is a billionaire now. so even if her next album flops, it wont matter to her

i doint seer what you mean by 'her albums are never very successful', she has apparently sold over 250 millions records worldwide 

Anti is considered her magnum opus in the eyes of critics, it's the longest running album of her entire musical career.

She's pretty scared cos ANTI , alienated people that loved popanna (or white gays as people of color would call this audience), to actually winning people who normally wouldn't check for Rihanna at all...

This is a catch 22..

It wasn't a singles album, but her first cohesive album on her own record label  Westbury Road Entertainment (which oddly she bought all the masters from her Def jam catalog in 2017) so she owns all her Music, which is extremely rare as most labels hate to part with an investment that makes them Millions and Millions of dollars. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block