27 years ago today, ‘Friends’ premiered on NBC.

Moscow

26 minutes ago, Prachi said:

People hate this show? It's very loved in my country.

:slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:There is vocal minority calling the show problematic and I've seen even some people wanting to censor/remove episodes. I mean it does have same problems as every other tv-show until like 2005; "fragile masculinity" (as in borderline homophobic jokes), lack of diversity (virtually everyone are white), almost predatory flirting (joey), fat shaming (young monica) etc etc. While I personally do find some of the jokes very dated and some of them really unfunny or offensive, I always try to remember that this show was made from a different time and it reflects different values than that we celebrate nowadays. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:

:slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:There is vocal minority calling the show problematic and I've seen even some people wanting to censor/remove episodes. I mean it does have same problems as every other tv-show until like 2005; "fragile masculinity" (as in borderline homophobic jokes), lack of diversity (virtually everyone are white), almost predatory flirting (joey), fat shaming (young monica) etc etc. While I personally do find some of the jokes very dated and some of them really unfunny or offensive, but I do always try to remember that this show was made from a different time and it reflects different values than that we celebrate nowadays. 

well, I actually never thought of it like that Bollywood (India) has done these kinda things in movies and shows since the day I started watching television Friends is actually modern lol. 

• 2 weeks later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block