The Voice (now with Ariana Grande) sees a ratings dip on season premiere

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Via spoilertv.com: The newly Ariana Grande-led season debuts to 6.9M viewers (1.0/1.1 A18-49 ratings). While being #2 in total viewers for the night and #1 in the A18-49 rating, the show is down 16% from the season 19 fall premiere which totaled 8.2M viewers and a 1.2 A18-49 rating.

Exhale, did YOU watch The Voice? Or is it so 2000-and-lateag22.jpg.b05d74cdec6b78aa2eb7c1db676a5ba8.jpg

But also this is the first season with John Legend since his wife got exposed for telling an underage teen to kill themselves among other horrible things. I just read the comments on DailyMail under an article about Chrissy yesterday and the GP have not forgiven her. Perhaps his association with Chrissy is another factor to the decline?

Β 

• Like 1

Newsflash: The general public doesn't respect this show because it's all about the judges, when it SHOULD be about the contestants.Β  It could have Beyonce, Adele, Celine Dion, and Lady GaGa as judges and it would STILL flop! How about focus on finding the next Kelly Clarkson instead of promoting your new album(s), judges.

Bai Im Outta Here GIF

• Like 6
10 minutes ago, britney_rocks said:

I don’t get the point of this show. It feels like the judges are more interested in winning and promoting their music instead of creating the next super star. This show has been on for like 1000 seasons and have yet to see anyone who made it big out of this show.Β 

Exactly! That's why the ratings will continue to dip.Β  How do you have 20+ seasons and nobody can name any of the winners?Β  But you know what...RuPaul would make me tune into The Voice if he was a judge.

Im Confused Drag Race GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

I don't know about US version but UK version never picked up even though they kept changing the judges every year.Β 

I like the concept of the show ( the voice matters not the face or the whole outlook). However , in the end those two things are the most important to sell the artist in the music industry because the industry is vain & shallow andΒ  those factors ends up being the selling points to the GP.Β 

10 hours ago, gapeach704 said:

Newsflash: The general public doesn't respect this show because it's all about the judges, when it SHOULD be about the contestants.Β  It could have Beyonce, Adele, Celine Dion, and Lady GaGa as judges and it would STILL flop! How about focus on finding the next Kelly Clarkson instead of promoting your new album(s), judges.

Bai Im Outta Here GIF

Isn’t Kelly Clarkson one of the judgesΒ :jackk_alien:

5 hours ago, Trentals said:

Isn’t Kelly Clarkson one of the judgesΒ :jackk_alien:

Yes, but I'm saying The Voice has yet to make a star as big as American Idol made with Kelly Clarkson.Β  And granted, Kelly does try to help her artists after the show, but she can only do so much.Β  I blame the network, the producers, and the labels.Β Β 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block