Netflix: "Britney vs Spears" Official Trailer OUT NOW!

3Pney

7 minutes ago, Prince Ali said:

To be honest, I am not impressed… the one from New York Times looked a bit better somehow.,. i dunno.. maybe I am biased since Netflix keeps releasing **** show after **** show.. let’s see next week..

I agree with this I felt the FBS was a lot stronger trailer. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, rennen said:

LA Times interview with Erin Lee Carr

How Netflix’s new Britney Spears documentary hopes to get her story right

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2021-09-22/britney-vs-spears-documentary-netflix-erin-lee-carr?_amp=true&__twitter_impression=true

One thing I noticed is Britney doesn’t ‘like’ comments. If her boyfriend was, like, “Oh, you’re such a cutie pie,” then she wouldn’t like the comment. I think anybody who has a crush on anybody knows, “Oh, you’re gonna like that comment.”

WHAT. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous::boredney_britney_2015_annoyed_eyeroll_hair:

• Like 1

I'm not that impressed with the trailer, this seems like one of those documentaries that will be super flashy/technically well done but ultimately bring nothing new to help the actual case. Britney's situation has enough eyes on it, this documentary won't be useful if there's not gonna be damning evidence against key players who are going to be exposed in an undeniable way but we haven't seen the full thing yet so I'll wait and reserve my full judgement until we do. However, I did expect something more to leave us talking with this full trailer considering we even got another teaser trailer already yesterday, hopefully this isn't just Netflix cashing in on the attention #FreeBritney got/is getting and will be VERY instrumental in helping Britney like Framing Britney Spears decisively did/ was .

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, rennen said:

LA Times interview with Erin Lee Carr

How Netflix’s new Britney Spears documentary hopes to get her story right

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2021-09-22/britney-vs-spears-documentary-netflix-erin-lee-carr?_amp=true&__twitter_impression=true

Many fans used her IG posts to make judgments about her mental health. After making the film, what is your opinion on how her mental health and the conservatorship are connected?

I’ll be really careful answering the question because mental health is her own story. My understanding of a conservatorship is that you have to be unwilling to meet a need for clothing, shelter and to feed yourself. When I see someone doing really complex dancing and performing on a stage earning millions of dollars, those things don’t seem like they belong in the same sentence. So while at times she may need help because her life has truly been crazy, it’s hard for me to think that this type of legal arrangement would be necessary.

But I don’t ever say I know or don’t know if Britney needs to be in a conservatorship. I know that Britney needs to be surrounded by people that care about her and have her not work when she doesn’t want to work. ... We’re all allowed to put whatever we want on the internet, Britney Spears included.

:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 7
  • Like 1

The trailer doesn’t look as impressive but at least it shows things as they are and it seems it is against  the conservatorship. The fact it is on Netflix is also super positive as it will reach so many more people than the times one (which at least was definitely better) 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, KrisJ said:

Just need a refresher on who Andrew Gallery and James Parr are please?? 

Gallery used to work with Britney on For the Record and he leaked the letter she wrote and gave to him (the ones where she talks in 3rd person about herself) 

James Parr is the doctor that deemed Britney mentally incapable, thus making his evaluation record document one of the key docs that enabled the conservatorship. 

(All alegedly of course; Lou or Team Con don't come for me, I'm poor) :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Love 6
  • Haha 3