Netflix: "Britney vs Spears" Official Trailer OUT NOW!

3Pney

21 minutes ago, ExXL said:

I'm glad they're showing what everyone should see , and bring awareness but I agree the trailer isn't edited so well , should have been a bit more dramatic but hopefully the full doc is gonna be good .

Its a documentry genred under investigate its not a drama movie.:slowdown_down_cardib_b_cardi_um_fast_confused_what_stare:

• Love 4
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, phareezy said:

I'm confused as to what people aren't liking about the trailer? This is a legitimate documentary, not a YouTube video or a trailer for an action movie. It doesn't require drama or theatrics.

At least we can finally put to rest the rumors about it being pro conservatorship. 

Because someone's always gotta complain about something :byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
19 minutes ago, Slayer said:

So you do want Britney to like this film?

Yes, I do. I would like her to. But I don’t know what it’s like to be her.

[In making the film I] was trying to not be another person to trespass on her privacy again and again. But she wants to get out of the conservatorship, so therefore we should know what is going on inside it. I specifically made the creative decision that we were not going to utilize the same imagery that she has said before is traumatizing. The incidents that happened in 2007 during one of the episodes at the hospital — you’re never going to see those.

Do you think she knows the film exists?

Yes. I sent her a letter and I have reason to believe that she was able to read it. I think she’s focusing on her new beau.

Many fans used her IG posts to make judgments about her mental health. After making the film, what is your opinion on how her mental health and the conservatorship are connected?

I’ll be really careful answering the question because mental health is her own story. My understanding of a conservatorship is that you have to be unwilling to meet a need for clothing, shelter and to feed yourself. When I see someone doing really complex dancing and performing on a stage earning millions of dollars, those things don’t seem like they belong in the same sentence. So while at times she may need help because her life has truly been crazy, it’s hard for me to think that this type of legal arrangement would be necessary.

two things...

1 -Many fans used her IG posts to make judgments about her mental health. After making the film, what is your opinion on how her mental health and the conservatorship are connected?

WHO!?

2- I’ll be really careful answering the question because mental health is her own story.  So while at times she may need help because her life has truly been crazy, it’s hard for me to think that this type of legal arrangement would be necessary.

CAREFUL 

Some of you make me lmao… documentaries are meant to be informative and raise awareness through film. It’s designed to dissect what has been going on in the conservatorship and expose it to The public. This isn’t video documentation of a criminal investigation.. some of you talking about it not Doing anything for the case… what would you like Netflix to do?  Provide the offshore account of Lou Taylor siphoning money directly from Britney’s estate? Christ. Some people are never happy. Sad for you 

• Haha 1
  • Like 5
1 minute ago, Notorious I.G.G.Y. said:

Yea but it's more so that I just think the only documentary we need now is the one Britney agrees to participate in. Or at least one after the whole "story" is over and, as you said, the day after this airs there's literally gonna be yet another court hearing  (and probably a super important one at that). I don't know, this just feels like the media continuing to take advantage of the moment to get hits/clicks/subscriptions/etc at her expense in my opinion but, again, I guess we'll have to wait before we can fully judge but if it is what we're expecting I don't think it's necessary or something Britney herself would appreciate.

well, you might be right, that she won't be thrilled, and of course nothing will top a documentary or interview done and approved by Britney herself, but I think that will always be a tricky situation for anyone in Britney's position (being a celebrity).

Of course no one wants a bunch of strangers investigating and talking about your life, but that comes with being a famous person, conservatorship or not.  And I don't think even Britney herself will ever comprehend what it's like to be a fan of Britney Spears, because SHE is Britney lol if that makes any sense, so yeah, I think you're right she will never feel comfortable with things like this. I mean, even about her own music she's said multiple times she's not a huge fan, in the sense that she won't listen to her own music as she listens to others'.

About the profiting thing, well yeah, that part is always nasty, but it's the price that comes with having a huge platform like this offering their space to spread awareness of this topic.

Even if Britney was involved, Netflix would still be the one taking the bigger part anyways, they would never lose any money :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Slayer said:

FELICIA

britney-spears-doc-september-2021-02.jpg

she seems so genuine & lovely, one of the very few people in Britney's life that care about her as a person and not a cash cow, I hope when all this is over they have that close relationship again like they used to, she must've felt so sad being forced to be distant from Britney :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

• Love 1
1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

well, you might be right, that she won't be thrilled, and of course nothing will top a documentary or interview done and approved by Britney herself, but I think that will always be a tricky situation for anyone in Britney's position (being a celebrity).

Of course no one wants a bunch of strangers investigating and talking about your life, but that comes with being a famous person, conservatorship or not.  And I don't think even Britney herself will ever comprehend what it's like to be a fan of Britney Spears, because SHE is Britney lol if that makes any sense, so yeah, I think you're right she will never feel comfortable with things like this. I mean, even about her own music she's said multiple times she's not a huge fan, in the sense that she won't listen to her own music as she listens to others'.

About the profiting thing, well yeah, that part is always nasty, but it's the price that comes with having a huge platform like this offering their space to spread awareness of this topic.

Even if Britney was involved, Netflix would still be the one taking the bigger part anyways, they would never lose any money :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Also, I do think Britney approves it in some way. We know she told the world that she wanted to tell her story. Also, Felicia wouldn't be there if Britney didn't approved. Period.

• Like 3