Katy Perry’s “Smile” Has Surpassed 1 Billion Streams On Spotify; Joining Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus’ Iconic Feat

ALBAVEASP

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxk0irl-P6Jv0REgoFMiF

Katy Perry has a good week. Right after the news of her worth of a million(s) investment with the streaming platform, Audius, her fifth studio album, Smile, has finally reached the 1 billion mark of streams on Spotify, making all of her albums to have more than a billion streams each.

With this, Perry now joins Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus as the only female artists to spawn albums with 1 billion streams in 3 different decades. Notably, Teenage Dream has become the 13th album with the most weeks charted by a female act in UK, completing its 198th week. The sophomore album has re-entered and had its 250th week on Billboard Chart 200 as well.

The 2019 sleeper hit, Harleys In Hawaii, also saw an overwhelming streaming gain as it becomes Perry’s most popular song on Spotify currently, beating her smash hits like Dark Horse, Roar, Firework and Never Really Over.

Spoiler

Pokémon 25: The Album out on October 15th!

1 hour ago, Jefferson Silva said:

as I said days ago she partnered with somebody and launched her own spotify so she could inflate sales and streams just like beyonce

there it is

I'm assuming that this is just a joke because the OP specifically mentions that those 1 billion streams are from Spotify; why would hypothetical false numbers from Katy's new streaming service boost her Spotify numbers? :xcuseme_mad_say_what_hmm_confused:

I can't believe you have me defending my mortal enemy Katy Perry. :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked: On the bright side, Billboard always investigates inflated numbers and discrepancies anyway, unless you're BTS of course. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

• Love 1
  • Haha 5
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block