Perez Hilton doesn't expect people to forgive him: "I am irredeemable in the eyes of most"

23 hours ago, B. Leigh said:

The fact he is trying to be the victim is pretty on brand tbh...

How is he trying to be victim, exactly? Please elaborate. He is actually doing the opposite -- taking accountability for his words and choices and responding to a journalist's questions and acknowledging that most people won't ever forgive him, and he doesn't expect them to. 

I think a lot of y'all on this forum need to understand what forgiveness means. It doesn't mean justifying what was done, but it means moving on from it. In the grand scheme of things, Perez really didn't do much different than many comedians at the time. This was a time in pop culture when attacking people was how things operated. Doesn't make it right, but that's how it was. You know there are people that can forgive a murderer or a drunk driver for killing their child, friend, etc, ... I think the world can move on from tabloid fodder and sensationalism that was designed to create a brand and job for someone. He was smart and capitalized on that and was able to make a career out of it -- your values and ethics may be different than his but at the end of the day that's what it boils down to. They're just words. He didn't kill anyone. He didn't do anything illegal. He just participated in a system that we ALL participated in. Because nobody can say they didn't read what he wrote, or visit his site, so ...

1 hour ago, FlexAroundTheWorld said:

How is he trying to be victim, exactly? Please elaborate. He is actually doing the opposite -- taking accountability for his words and choices and responding to a journalist's questions and acknowledging that most people won't ever forgive him, and he doesn't expect them to. 

I think a lot of y'all on this forum need to understand what forgiveness means. It doesn't mean justifying what was done, but it means moving on from it. In the grand scheme of things, Perez really didn't do much different than many comedians at the time. This was a time in pop culture when attacking people was how things operated. Doesn't make it right, but that's how it was. You know there are people that can forgive a murderer or a drunk driver for killing their child, friend, etc, ... I think the world can move on from tabloid fodder and sensationalism that was designed to create a brand and job for someone. He was smart and capitalized on that and was able to make a career out of it -- your values and ethics may be different than his but at the end of the day that's what it boils down to. They're just words. He didn't kill anyone. He didn't do anything illegal. He just participated in a system that we ALL participated in. Because nobody can say they didn't read what he wrote, or visit his site, so ...

He is trying to make ppl feel bad for him because others are making him accountable for what he did...

If he really took accountability he would have apologized and changed his ways...not do this nonsense...

I remember what he was doing in the period and he was always nasty, low, and weird...you can tell team con didn't give a damn about Britney having that man in her face after he wished death on her...

• Love 1

I agree some people may change. I also believe some people won't change no matter how much effort they put in convincing us otherwise. 

There are just things that reflect the true nature and essence of people, so even if they behave now, you know deep inside they're still the same trash. 

In his case this is not like, a one time mistake, he was literally living off of being an *******, having another million of possibilities, but he just decided to be the worst person ever. I have a really hard time believing someone like that can truly change. Even if it was "a character", what a ****ty character to play, and no, even if in his mind it was a "fiction", his awfulness directly and indirectly affected the real lives of people like Britney, her children, and any other of his victims. 

If he believes he's "evolved" and changed and whatever, good for him, but he doesn't need to keep seeking the approval of people, and if it really affects him so much that people still see him as human trash, then he should find a job out of the public limelight. 

• Like 2
On 9/20/2021 at 11:32 AM, PokemonSpears said:

If he believes he's "evolved" and changed and whatever, good for him, but he doesn't need to keep seeking the approval of people, and if it really affects him so much that people still see him as human trash, then he should find a job out of the public limelight. 

Yes, I do agree with this. If he really wanted to move on and leave that life behind, he could have done so many other things - maybe become a journalism teacher, etc etc, something that contributes positively to the world, more "redeemable" 

• Like 2