Why Did Pennywise Allow Britney Her Own Lawyer Only AFTER Public Outrage?

Kletus

Isn’t she supposed to be impartial? Isn’t she supposed to follow the LAW, not public opinion? Britney should have always had her own attorney, and judges are not supposed to “read the law differently” only when the public becomes outraged. Judges are supposed to be COMPETENT without having to have their hands held by the public. With Pennywise newest conservatorship case being overturned, Pennywise has been proven to be incompetent. Pennywise needs to be removed.

NOW :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

• Love 3
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, jordeezy said:

Corruption in the United States goes all the way up the chain. We are all just learning that the "conspiracy theorists" of the 80s and 90s were right. 

it's so frustrating. Some people can be book smart but not know how to open the front door, like with Pennywise.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, s&m said:

Because Britney never asked for a new lawyer! And with the pressure of the public when she asked for a new one,  Penny couldn’t do anything 

are you defending pennywise!!! britney has wanted a new lawyer for years. pennywise also ignored britney's plea that she made 2 years ago. pennywise is the most incompetent judge

• Love 5
  • Like 2
35 minutes ago, s&m said:

Because Britney never asked for a new lawyer! And with the pressure of the public when she asked for a new one,  Penny couldn’t do anything 

33 minutes ago, Prachi said:

Because she never asked for one, Sam Inghum didn't do a thing nor she knew she can file a termination to end this in the first place. 

33 minutes ago, Kletus said:

are you defending pennywise!!! britney has wanted a new lawyer for years. pennywise also ignored britney's plea that she made 2 years ago. pennywise is the most incompetent judge

Like I can't...Britney has been asking for her own attorney since the beginning...a lawyer was even disbarred for trying to become her lawyer and saying she was denied due process...Penny did this for public pressure when she could have done it earlier...but to be fair the reason why courts are open is so that ppl know what is going on in the court room which is why probate court shouldn't be allowed to seal documents unless it has to do with medical info imo....

• Love 6
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, B. Leigh said:

Like I can't...Britney has been asking for her own attorney since the beginning...a lawyer was even disbarred for trying to become her lawyer and saying she was denied due process...Penny did this for public pressure when she could have done it earlier...but to be fair the reason why courts are open is so that ppl know what is going on in the court room which is why probate court shouldn't be allowed to seal documents unless it has to do with medical info imo....

Agree. Can’t stress how important public pressure is. It push mainstream media and journalist to work on the case. Nixon wouldn’t resign from being a president if it’s not for the article. Investigate journalist like this has a HUGE impact on how the court moves. They are voted by the people anyway. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Kletus said:

Defending what? It wasn’t Penny that denied Britney’s rights! 
I was only talking about that topic. Not about her performance on this case.

get a life 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, B. Leigh said:

It's not about defending Penny, because she could've done so much more since long ago, but what s&m said is the truth.

OP is asking why she didn't do it before, and the straight answer is that, because nobody had asked her before. Britney tried to hire different lawyers, yes, in the beginning, and then she was deemed incapable to hire counsel on her own by Ingham. This was accepted by the other judge Reva Goetz.

Why would Penny ask her to change lawyers, if nobody ever asked for it, ever since she became the judge? Britney never asked again, because she couldn't, she might have thought it was pointless anyway. Ingham wasn't gonna asked to be replaced either.

Not even public pressure was what made her do it. It was literally because Ingham resigned after her testimony, and at the same time, the rest of the interested parties requested to allow Britney to hire the lawyer she liked (Ingham had suggested another temporary court appointed lawyer).

• Love 1
  • Like 4
8 hours ago, Kletus said:

7 minutes ago, frederiickx said:

Because we all heard it, she couldn't ignore Britney's pleas like she did in 2019. That is why public outcry is SO important guys! We continue to fight for our girl until she is FREE. 

8 hours ago, s&m said:

Britney wasn’t able to speak on her own behalf, she was silenced. 

The  judge could have done something though. I try to remember that she isn’t the judge that put Britney in this predicament but when Britney said she suffered abuse, JBP had the power do do the right thing then, aka, remove Jamie. She’s been given tons of chances to do the right thing. 

And Britney was prevented from obtaining council of her own choosing. And her own family wouldn’t speak out for her. 

I think people just read your comment in a way you didn’t intend it to come off. Hope all is well for you. 

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

It's not about defending Penny, because she could've done so much more since long ago, but what s&m said is the truth.

OP is asking why she didn't do it before, and the straight answer is that, because nobody had asked her before. Britney tried to hire different lawyers, yes, in the beginning, and then she was deemed incapable to hire counsel on her own by Ingham. This was accepted by the other judge Reva Goetz.

Why would Penny ask her to change lawyers, if nobody ever asked for it, ever since she became the judge? Britney never asked again, because she couldn't, she might have thought it was pointless anyway. Ingham wasn't gonna asked to be replaced either.

Not even public pressure was what made her do it. It was literally because Ingham resigned after her testimony, and at the same time, the rest of the interested parties requested to allow Britney to hire the lawyer she liked (Ingham had suggested another temporary court appointed lawyer).

Its in court documents that Britney snuck a phone to contact a lawyer after being put in a conservatorship and that lawyer was disbarred after he went to court advocating for her which means the Judge and everyone involved is aware that Britney is not happy with her council...any new judge should be familiar with the case when they come on board...Britney has went to court to ask for this conservatorship to end before now...this isn't the first time...I'm sorry but Judge Penny was doing this for public pressure...if she felt  Britney had the civil right to pick her own attorney without being evaluated (which was her stance when she let rosengart come on board) then she could have had that stance and asked Britney if she was happy with her court appointed counsel before her viral testimony...these ppl took her human rights away and are supposed to be her advocates...

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, B. Leigh said:

Its in court documents that Britney snuck a phone to contact a lawyer after being put in a conservatorship and that lawyer was disbarred after he went to court advocating for her which means the Judge and everyone involved is aware that Britney is not happy with her council...any new judge should be familiar with the case when they come on board...Britney has went to court to ask for this conservatorship to end before now...this isn't the first time...I'm sorry but Judge Penny was doing this for public pressure...if she felt  Britney had the civil right to pick her own attorney without being evaluated (which was her stance when she let rosengart come on board) then she could have had that stance and asked Britney if she was happy with her court appointed counsel before her viral testimony...these ppl took her human rights away and are supposed to be her advocates...

well, that's what logic says to all of us, but I doubt that's what the procedure tells them to do. If a judge is assigned to a new case, I doubt they're gonna go through the entire thing, years and years of papers and petitions and rulings, especially when most of these cases have been going on for years, and she of course has more cases than Britney (which they must be as neglected as Britney's too).

Again, I'm not defending the judge, but I'm also not surprised, because the system just sucks, for Britney and for everyone else. That's the whole point of this thing, there's no entity checking that the judges and attorneys respect the procedures, or constantly checking with the conservatees, and as the Buzzfeed article revealed, most of the clerks aren't even trained to detect fraud or inconsistencies in the accounting reports, etc.

So even if judge Penny wasn't corrupt and was the most just and fair person in the world, she didn't have any factual evidence or reasons to doubt the previous judge's decisions and rulings, or doubt Ingham and Jamie when they kept appearing at every routine hearing saying everything was fine, and the investigator telling her that Britney still needed the conservatorship. 

In fact, she did order that hearing that wasn't scheduled in 2019, after Wallet's sudden resignation, so that means she actually did something out of the normal when she noticed something weird was going on. She ultimately did nothing when Britney first spoke to her in May 2019, and I agree with that part about her lack of actions. However, once again, what was she supposed to do, if Ingham didn't file any petition on Britney's behalf? She did order the evaluation though, but we know what happened with the deceased doctor.

So yeah, there's a huge possibility she's corrupt, but I also don't think we've had enough instances in Britney's case of Judge Penny denying stuff or just doing shady things, because most of the hearings have been interrupted with delays after delays thanks to Jamie's lawyers, or Ingham's incompetence for not submitting the documents on time. And I also don't think she's acted on public pressure, because that has existed for a couple of years now. It's just that only now, actual documents have been filed to request a new lawyer, to request the removal of Jamie, properly, to terminate the conservatorship, etc., things that no one did in more than a decade.

But yeah, hopefully she IS feeling the pressure and acts in Britney's favor in next hearing, or better yet, she really recognizes that it's the right thing to do, and not just for the pressure.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

well, that's what logic says to all of us, but I doubt that's what the procedure tells them to do. If a judge is assigned to a new case, I doubt they're gonna go through the entire thing, years and years of papers and petitions and rulings, especially when most of these cases have been going on for years, and she of course has more cases than Britney (which they must be as neglected as Britney's too).

Again, I'm not defending the judge, but I'm also not surprised, because the system just sucks, for Britney and for everyone else. That's the whole point of this thing, there's no entity checking that the judges and attorneys respect the procedures, or constantly checking with the conservatees, and as the Buzzfeed article revealed, most of the clerks aren't even trained to detect fraud or inconsistencies in the accounting reports, etc.

So even if judge Penny wasn't corrupt and was the most just and fair person in the world, she didn't have any factual evidence or reasons to doubt the previous judge's decisions and rulings, or doubt Ingham and Jamie when they kept appearing at every routine hearing saying everything was fine, and the investigator telling her that Britney still needed the conservatorship. 

In fact, she did order that hearing that wasn't scheduled in 2019, after Wallet's sudden resignation, so that means she actually did something out of the normal when she noticed something weird was going on. She ultimately did nothing when Britney first spoke to her in May 2019, and I agree with that part about her lack of actions. However, once again, what was she supposed to do, if Ingham didn't file any petition on Britney's behalf? She did order the evaluation though, but we know what happened with the deceased doctor.

So yeah, there's a huge possibility she's corrupt, but I also don't think we've had enough instances in Britney's case of Judge Penny denying stuff or just doing shady things, because most of the hearings have been interrupted with delays after delays thanks to Jamie's lawyers, or Ingham's incompetence for not submitting the documents on time. And I also don't think she's acted on public pressure, because that has existed for a couple of years now. It's just that only now, actual documents have been filed to request a new lawyer, to request the removal of Jamie, properly, to terminate the conservatorship, etc., things that no one did in more than a decade.

But yeah, hopefully she IS feeling the pressure and acts in Britney's favor in next hearing, or better yet, she really recognizes that it's the right thing to do, and not just for the pressure.

I agree Penny isn't unique in that probate court is pretty much a corrupt cottage industry, and Britney's case pretty much exposed that...but I don't think Britney first spoke to her in 2019...I think she has been the judge since 2016...I think 2018/2019 is when the free britney movement really took off and Judge Penny started to cover herself...