An article in the independent suggests people can't accept the relationship to Britney and Sam, due to the 12 year age gap. Even states that this isn't the first time an older female gets harsh criticized for dating a younger man.

6 hours ago, summer2summer said:

Nah not at all.  This is abit of a reach. Some people were just concerned about her since she have had a bad relationship with Kevin before. Nothing to do with age. 

But the thing about Kevin is that he was kinda immature, lazy, too chill and uninterested in anything, while Sam is ambitious, hard working, always active and even motivated Britney to workout (in her own words), and seems way more mature idk how to explain

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Age gaps are a problem when people start wanting different things because they have entered a new phase in life.

Sam wants kids, but Britney is at the geriatric pregnancy age. She may have a kid who is healthy, but after that there are many more risks and I hate this is an issue if only she could have had babies when she wanted to with Sam.

Also, I don't think it's going away anytime soon people's opinion of older women and younger men. It's always been seen as a desparate attempt by women to retain their youth. That they are cradle robbers who have no business trying to lure younger men and lead them around.

7 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.independent.co.uk%2Fvoices%2Fbritney-spears-sam-asghari-marriage-age-b1922163.html&h=AT1vrsu-9Uktu29ZDLJMjCBnjdIpfGvLPoLAUH61xhw1yDDVlevDpkjvX2ASZCHyq6vRhLwtYboXr95W9dwS9eNg2ZMsmEjORXhqHS4D94nOyG63q-FrtdVJ3wF1iMsyk18

Britney and Sam's relationship has always been questioned as Authentic.  

The independent finally has the answer why people questions it or uncomfortable. 

It's all due to the nearly 13 year age gap.

She's 39 and He's 27, but it's also ***ism as well, cos if Sam was her age, and Britney was his age. It wouldn't be questioned, it would be celebrated like he's the man, yeah, you go there dawg.

But, due to Britney being the oldest and a female it's being questioned to the point that it reminds of several high profiles, where one of the fellows was assumed gay..

Unfortunately that relationship ended up in divorce cos the media treatment and treatment from the public was so bad, it actually managed to ruin the love they had for each other and they started hating each other.  

But, in 2004 Janet Jackson said this comment when asked of why she was in a relationship with Jermaine Dupri, who was only 7 years her junior, and for females in Hollywood.  It just makes sense..

"With men my age it's like a competition of what they do to me, and how they got me to date them, with younger men, they're just interested in me as a human being who happens to be Janet Jackson, a celebrity ."

For the record their relationship ended due to the long distance, she wanted to stay in California, JD, is an Atlanta boy through and through and he'll never leave home. The long distance is what hurt the relationship..

Age is definitely not the problem. It's the fact that she's Britney spears and he's a nobody trying to become famous.

Scratch that.

It's the fact that Britney has been suffering for years while he was taking selfies and doing nothing to help her while he was advancing his "career".

The fact that she apparently waited for a proposal for a long time and he only did it now when all eyes were on him.

If he was in love with her he would have gone to lawyers, to the police and moved heaven and earth to free her. Yet he didn't even bother to tell her that she could tell penny she wanted out of the cship.

If people think this is love... I feel bad for them.

12 hours ago, jordeezy said:

I think Sam is in his early 30s tbh - 27 is his Hollywood age. 

Actually that isn’t true and was just a fan-fiction conspiracy theory made by insecure trolls on the internet who have nothing better to do. I have some old friends/acquaintances from when I lived/grew up in the Valley who knew Sam. Also, a simple Google Search or Truepeoplesearch.com isn’t that difficult to do but I’ll let your dense brain figure that out on your own.

Oh and here is his MaxPreps page. 

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/athlete/sam-asghari/KfHbrfTtEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/football/stats.htm

Now please stop spreading lies and conspiracy theories or else I’ll have to report you for spreading fake information which is NOT tolerated on here. @PokemonSpears, @Slayer can you please do something about this troll/conspiracy theorist?

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t think anyone is harshly criticizing Britney for dating a younger man. 

I think many people were worried because Sam wants to be famous. He was an unknown performer when they first met and he was trying to establish a career as a model/actor/social media fitness guru. Obviously, being with Britney Spears elevated his profile. Does that mean it’s a fact that he only dated her for that reason? No, of course not. It just made some people worry because no one wants to see Britney get used again.

But I don’t think many people were really clutching their pearls in horror at the thought of Britney dating a man in his 20s while she’s in her 30s. 

59 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Actually that isn’t true and was just a fan-fiction conspiracy theory made by insecure trolls on the internet who have nothing better to do. I have some old friends/acquaintances from when I lived/grew up in the Valley who knew/knew of Sam. Also, a simple Google Search or Truepeoplesearch.com isn’t that difficult to do but I’ll let your dense brain figure that out on your own.

Oh and here is his MaxPreps page. 

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/athlete/sam-asghari/KfHbrfTtEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/football/stats.htm

Now please stop spreading lies and conspiracy theories or else I’ll have to report you for spreading fake information which is NOT tolerated on here. @PokemonSpears, @Slayer can you please do something about this troll/conspiracy theorist?

Chyle, calm yourself please. 

1 hour ago, Frankie8 said:

Sam wants kids, but Britney is at the geriatric pregnancy age. She may have a kid who is healthy, but after that there are many more risks and I hate this is an issue if only she could have had babies when she wanted to with Sam.

about this, the whole pregnancies after 35 being considered geriatric is an outdated definition. There's more and more women having babies in their 40's, and even though the risks do increase with age, it's more important the overall health of the woman than just the number of years. If any, things like smoking or God knows what ***** they've given her in these years, could play a bigger risk than age itself.

1 hour ago, sweeetyme said:

Age is definitely not the problem. It's the fact that she's Britney spears and he's a nobody trying to become famous.

Scratch that.

It's the fact that Britney has been suffering for years while he was taking selfies and doing nothing to help her while he was advancing his "career".

The fact that she apparently waited for a proposal for a long time and he only did it now when all eyes were on him.

If he was in love with her he would have gone to lawyers, to the police and moved heaven and earth to free her. Yet he didn't even bother to tell her that she could tell penny she wanted out of the cship.

If people think this is love... I feel bad for them.

and as I said on another thread, it's an assumption to say that he's known all these years every detail of the conservatorship or every single way to end it, and chose to do nothing.

Not even Britney herself knew the whole facts, so why would Sam? He's not on Exhale every day reading about conservatorships, and even most of us didn't understand or know many facts about her case and the probate law until very recently.

Maybe it was in fact after the #freebritney movement that he finally heard about it, and that's when Britney started informing herself too. She declared she's been reading about it and other cases, but we don't know when did she start, or who or what triggered her to start her research. Who knows, it could've been Sam :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: