Britney Spears + Danja (EP)

Joman82

8 minutes ago, Endlessstan said:

I can’t believe that THE BRITNEY SPEARS was the executive producer of Blackout. That fact always surprises me. Perhaps she hasn’t worked with Danja since because she wasn’t in control like she was before. She clearly has no issue working with the same producer again and again (Max Martin). If she ever graces us with her presence with another album, I hope she either gives Danja another shot or executive produces an entirely different groundbreaking body of work. 

Executive producer doesn't always mean they help producing the record it also means they funded the project which makes more sense as Jive ditched her and didn't wanted to fund this. 

If you listen to the podcast it clearly states how away was Britney that time and Blackout seemed to be an escape.

6 minutes ago, Prachi said:

Executive producer doesn't always mean they help producing the record it also means they funded the project which makes more sense as Jive ditched her and didn't wanted to fund this. 

If you listen to the podcast it clearly states how away was Britney that time and Blackout seemed to be an escape.

Yeah executive producers are the ones that fund the project and it also means they are the ones who ultimately get to make creative decisions and decisions like who to work with. It can’t be under estimated how much Britney actually did contribute to this record. She was the executive producer so she put her own money up to fund it, chose who to work with, and decided the direction of the album. 

Blackout would not exist without the contributions from Danja and definitely not without Britney’s will to make and fund a record during a very difficult period of her life. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Endlessstan said:

Yeah executive producers are the ones that fund the project and it also means they are the ones who ultimately get to make creative decisions and decisions like who to work with. It can’t be under estimated how much Britney actually did contribute to this record. She was the executive producer so she put her own money up to fund it, chose who to work with, and decided the direction of the album. 

Of course, she added production to Heaven on earth, who knows what else she did during her 3 albums runs which we would never come to know out! It infuriates me how people think she's a person who is handed out work to sing! We've been robbed from her creativity and more importantly she's been robbed.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/18/2021 at 3:34 PM, Joman82 said:

Series 3: Analyzing Britney's iconic producers (Danja).

Danja is an American record producer and songwriter from Virginia Beach, Virginia. Starting off as a co-producer for Timbaland, he has since then created an extensive catalog of solo-produced singles. He has produced songs for artists such as Britney Spears, Usher, Keri Hilson, T.I., Nelly Furtado, Ciara, Mariah Carey, Timbaland, Madonna, Whitney Houston, Missy Elliott, M.I.A., Justin Timberlake, JoJo, Joe Jonas, Pink, Björk and Duran Duran.

In 2007, Danja produced “Gimme More” for Britney Spears, as well as “Break The Ice” and five other tracks for her ‘Blackout’ album. The following year, he produced “Kill the Lights” and five other songs for Britney Spears' album ‘Circus’, but only three songs appeared on the album.

He is still considered one of the best producers she has collaborated with... 

Songs:

1) “Gimme More” (2007)

2) “Break The Ice” (2007)

3) “Get Naked (I Got a Plan)” (2007)

4) “Hot as Ice” (2007)

5) “Perfect Lover” (2007)

6) “Get Back” (2007)

7) “Outta This World” (2007) – Bonus track

8) “Kill The Lights” (2008)

9) “Blur” (2008)

10) “Rock Boy” (2008) – Bonus track

Should Britney go back to the studio with Danja for B10?!?

I like Rock Boy, but looking back at this playlist it kind of ruins it, what was Danja thinking :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

• 4 months later...
On 12/26/2021 at 3:50 PM, Bigno said:

Why are ppl so obsessed with this dude? Have you listened.to his latest stuff? He is stuck in a 2006 loop. I really think he did a good job on the album, but he is far from genius. There is a reason he no longer produces for.big artists.

Not this, some of the sounds he’s made are completely timeless and unique. Danja and Laigo completely revolutionized music production with songs like Maneater, Gimme More, and Knock You Down. I do think he needs additional producers to come up with a truly finished, commercial-sounding product because what he does on his own is so experimental, never been done, seen, or heard before. Yes, Danja does have that kind of genius. He solo produced Knock You Down, a monster smash, instantly recognizable song and blueprint for every electronic R&B ballad since. He’s still getting major production credits, although he does seem to be way more lowkey than he was in 2009. 

Love what he did on this song.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, BritneyGXKB said:

Not this, some of the sounds he’s made are completely timeless and unique. Danja and Laigo completely revolutionized music production with songs like Maneater, Gimme More, and Knock You Down. I do think he needs additional producers to come up with a truly finished, commercial-sounding product because what he does on his own is so experimental, never been done, seen, or heard before. Yes, Danja does have that kind of genius. He solo produced Knock You Down, a monster smash, instantly recognizable song and blueprint for every electronic R&B ballad since. He’s still getting major production credits, although he does seem to be way more lowkey than he was in 2009. 

Love what he did on this song.

I appreciate your answer. I can't really get myself to love his sound post Britney, but beyond my taste, I think he was in that brink and then lost the way a bit. Maybe it's just my preference, I dunno. 

• Like 1