“Slumber Party” is a pop masterpiece and was absolutely slept on by the general public

15 minutes ago, Like A Slumber Party said:

Oh, I can't take credit for the iconicness that is Slumber Party...Music Video Slumber Party GIF by Britney Spears

I’ll never forget the hype surrounding its release. :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: If I’m not mistaken, the video was released on the night of the 2016 election where Trump was announced president. I’ll never forget how panicked literally everyone was awaiting results, including myself, but it was also exciting to know that a Britney video was coming out that same day. :pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped: Also I don’t know if anyone remembers this but the Chantaje video by Shakira was also released on YouTube that same day and at one point, Slumber Party was surpassing it in terms of views. Meanwhile, Chantaje is now sitting at 2.6 billion views whereas Slumber Party is stalling to reach a 100 million. :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: What a time though. Suddenly I miss 2016. :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

Does anyone else remember how the original audio for the music video was different from the current version AND the Britney solo version. It was like a mix. But then the audio was replaced over the music video with the album collaboration version ft. Tinashe. That's why at the start of the video, the music kind of abruptly starts. It was more of a fade into the music with the background noise / car noise mixed in as the song started  from what I remember with the original audio. Anyone else remember? 

• Love 4
  • Like 1