Britney almost debuted with Genie In a Bottle

Niarchos

• 2 months later...
On 9/17/2021 at 4:47 PM, jordeezy said:

So Xtina's 1st hit woulda been "What A Girl Wants"

I don't think "What a Girl Wants" would have been a hit unless RCA first saw the success of "Genie in a Bottle". The album version of "What a Girl Wants" had to be remixed into that upbeat Britney Spears-ish type pop sound before it became a hit.  There were no other songs on her debut album that had that upbeat teen pop sound. Had "Genie in a Bottle"  not been Christinas song, we don't really know what RCA would have done with her or what song would have been the next single. I think they would have released "When you put your hands on me" because thats the closest thing they had to a Britney sound.... and it would not have done as good as Genie; even if they marketed Christina along side Britney, as it happened.

• Like 2
On 9/18/2021 at 5:48 AM, boyinthemirror said:

Isn’t it crazy in how many ways Britney and Christina crossed paths? Never in a million years would I expect this.

Also, both Genie and Irresistible are perfect pop songs. She should write something for Britney someday. It’s so nice to see the face behind the music :wink_britney_everytime_white:

by the way, I've always wondered why they never took a photo together after they became famous, the only pictures of them posing together are from the MMC.

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

before all the shade between both in 2003, I mean, officially they coincided in many events

spacer.png

vma's 2000 they appeared together on stage but they didn't take a picture together, Vma's 2003, not even in the rehearsals they didn't take pictures, why? :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

even Xtina was also there on the night of the  vma's 2008 and they didn't come close. 

spacer.png

maybe they have more photos together but they have not come to light yet...

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Alex Murr said:

by the way, I've always wondered why they never took a photo together after they became famous, the only pictures of them posing together are from the MMC.

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

before all the shade between both in 2003, I mean, officially they coincided in many events

spacer.png

vma's 2000 they appeared together on stage but they didn't take a picture together, Vma's 2003, not even in the rehearsals they didn't take pictures, why? :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

even Xtina was also there on the night of the  vma's 2008 and they didn't come close. 

spacer.png

maybe they have more photos together but they have not come to light yet...

I think it's because Xtina is such a bish. I mean she's pretty notorious on how arrogant she was in the industry. Avril and Mary J Blige hate her, just to name a few.

5 hours ago, G-unit said:

Britney wasn’t associated with Innocense in 1997 though, was she?  I thought she had already decided against doing a girl group in like 1996

Britney left the group months after she joined; which was in 1997. The reason why it took so long to sell the song is because there was no real market for it until Britney came out with BOMT. Kiki ( the writer) sang Genie in a more acoustic style, so I'm sure the demo also sounded very different from Christinas version.

• Like 1