Taylor Swift is reportedly no longer working with Max Martin

Jordan Miller

3 hours ago, boyinthemirror said:

Max Martin is not as needed as he used to be. This is what happens when you start being known for your lackluster songs with Ariana Grande instead of the perfect infectious chorus and bridges that you did for Britney and the Backstreet Boys  :endit_sunglasses_fab_yas_queen: His fees should be cheaper, and probably Taylor knows that.

Props to her for knowing what she needs to make her projects work and standing her ground.

He just made Blinding Lights the longest charting song on the Hot 100 of all-time at 90 weeks, ending the week of September 11th, 2021 (last week...). :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer: He's still the most relevant producer of the last 20 years. His work with Ariana Grande is fire (Into You, Focus, Break Up With Your Boyfriend, I'm Bored, ...)

Respect him. :gunney:

Though, I understand Taylor not wanting to pay him just for this insignificant job and TBH i don't think Max Martin has time for this...

Let's hope he'll work with Britney on her REAL comeback album. We need him.

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
29 minutes ago, Baby Bottle Pop said:

He just made Blinding Lights the longest charting song on the Hot 100 of all-time at 90 weeks, ending the week of September 11th, 2021 (last week...). :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer: He's still the most relevant producer of the last 20 years. His work with Ariana Grande is fire (Into You, Focus, Break Up With Your Boyfriend, I'm Bored, ...)

Respect him. :gunney:

Though, I understand Taylor not wanting to pay him just for this insignificant job and TBH i don't think Max Martin has time for this...

Let's hope he'll work with Britney on her REAL comeback album. We need him.

Of course, he’s a legend but in my opinion he’s just not as good as he used to :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh: Out of all those songs, only Blinding Lights and Into You were above average to me.

In case he works with Britney again, I’d love if Dr. Luke or similar people weren’t involved at all. Just him and Brit. Maybe together they could come up with something unique and nothing that sounds like whatever other younger artists do. I don’t like the way he kept telling her how to sing and made her repeat her verses all over and over, and over again though… It was exhausting for our queen. I want her to have fun above everything else, she deserves that.

• Like 1

Is she wrong though? I mean, he's not producing new work and overall, it's a matter of artistic integrity. He's reproducing work he already made. I get it, he probably has strict rates but equally, Taylor is entitled to rerecord her work, it's costing her to re-do her own work. A bit of give and take should be expected on his part.

The released version sounds as good as the original, so maybe Max isn't needed. His loss tbh.

On 9/19/2021 at 3:37 AM, boyinthemirror said:

Max Martin is not as needed as he used to be. This is what happens when you start being known for your lackluster songs with Ariana Grande instead of the perfect infectious chorus and bridges that you did for Britney and the Backstreet Boys  :endit_sunglasses_fab_yas_queen: His fees should be cheaper, and probably Taylor knows that.

Props to her for knowing what she needs to make her projects work and standing her ground.

RIGHT! Where the Choruses & Bridges at? He's been slippin....Hopefully saving that for Britney when she's ready, hell, for years her Debut song waited on the shelf for her.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block