Jump to content

Shawn Mendes on Camila's look: it's giving Cher


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, cillaward said:

Wow...I'm currently writing an essay on internalised homophobia in the gay community, so the replies in this thread are quite interesting to say the least :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

 

Get your gen Z wokeness to atrl.net for that and you will see the wildest of the wildest. Here, we are older. Mostly millenials. Compared to posts on atrl, this is tame.

 

here, help yourself https://atrl.net/forums/topic/371453-shawn-to-camila-“it’s-giving…-it’s-giving-“/

 

 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
19 hours ago, sparrowhawk said:

he can be my power bottom any day. we're waiting!

 Saved By The Bell Reaction GIF

 

19 hours ago, Stefani said:

Kronk Oh Yeah Its All Coming Together GIF - Kronk Oh Yeah Its All Coming  Together The Emperorss New Groove - Discover & Share GIFs

Expect him to come out when his next lead single drops.

 

19 hours ago, FreeBritBrit said:

I want to believe him he is straight but things like these do NOT work in his favor

 

18 hours ago, cillaward said:

Wow...I'm currently writing an essay on internalised homophobia in the gay community, so the replies in this thread are quite interesting to say the least :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

 

17 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

How are the replies here internalized homophobia? 

It’s internalized homophobia because it suggests that because he is Traditionally or rather, stereotypically feminine in his commentary, he is somehow gay or should be forced to come out. It shows that even though many of you are in fact gay, you still view him as somehow in denial of his truth and therefore subordinate in a way. It might not be as advert because we are all marginalized but know your bias 

 

and to the person who litetally is telling someone to go to atrl because this is a millnnial site, you sound like an absolute ignorant person. Internalized homophobia has existed long before a 30 something year old and will remain discourse long after. And just for the record, as someone who is in fact sandwiched in between millennials and gen z, I can safely say that gen z is far more progressive and will be the change that millennials and gen x wish they had. 

  • Love 6
  • Like 1
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Rik said:

It’s internalized homophobia because it suggests that because he is Traditionally or rather, stereotypically feminine in his commentary, he is somehow gay or should be forced to come out. It shows that even though many of you are in fact gay, you still view him as somehow in denial of his truth and therefore subordinate in a way. It might not be as advert because we are all marginalized but know your bias. 

At the same time though, Shawn is well aware of the outside perception that people think he’s gay. And while he has always defended his hetero***uality… it just seems that he continues to utilize gay/queer/LGBTQ lingo or expressions.

I guess it comes across as if he knows what he’s doing by using those expressions, but then continues to defend his ***uality. Idk, he occupies a strange place in public discussion. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Guys, don't be mean to each other...

I think that both "all these comments are internalized homophobia" and the comments themselves are valid. First, the comments ARE homophobic because we're basically pointing at Shawn for being (allegedly) gay and screaming it in all the possible ways, and so we're exposing him, for whatever reason. Also, it must be tough to be in the receiving end (no pun intended omg bare with me) because he must definitely be going through a personal process with his se/uality (even if he ends up being straight........imagine that, just IMAGINE it for a second), and here we are all messing with him during this whole thing. BUT ON THE OTHER HAND my gawd, I think that 85% of being gay is being extra and looking at life in a fun and bright way, so all the comments here are pretty organic coming from the community, you can't fight against that. Asking queer people to stay quiet and politically correct is ludicrous and a lost battle. Also, it's not like any of us is actually saying all these things straight (...) to his face. That would be outright rude and wrong. So he should be fine.

Just don't log on the internet. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

 

Now, on a more serious note... I think the gays cannot stand other queer people not coming out because it's tough being gay in the world, so there's this implicit community rule by which you either publicly join the club, or suffer the consequences of being pointed at all the time by other gays. And THAT is what is homophobic: pressuring others to act a certain way for being gay... When being gay means actually escaping that exact same thing in the first place. That's actually replication of violence. It's insane if you think about it.

Btw, let's be honest... Most straight people tend to be so basic or narrow minded or blatantly boring that they won't even get the Cher reference, so if we weren't pointing out Shawn's gayness this wouldn't even be an issue.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
  • Exhale+

Hi :jamie_lynn_grape: your friendly neighborhood straight female here. Can someone explain to me the difference between a bottom and a power bottom im genuinely curious.  Only answer if it's within community guidelines im not trying to get anyone in trouble.

  • Love 1

You'll never see it my way because you're not me -Britney 

Link to comment

He’s cute as ****, they are cute together. I don’t know what is your problem with this couple, but all this bullshi coming from Cardi B’s supporters it doesn’t surprise me anymore. Imagine being this disgusting in the comments by making fun of someone ***uality, yet you support a bich who admitted on drugging and abusing men for money.

:emma: I’m talking about the biggest clowns of exhale @gapeach704and @Stefani :emma:

At least Shawn and Camila don’t suck D’s for radio plays unlike Various Artists B Listers! :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

  • Love 1
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Style. said:

He’s cute as ****, they are cute together. I don’t know what is your problem with this couple, but all this bullshi coming from Cardi B’s supporters it doesn’t surprise me anymore. Imagine being this disgusting in the comments by making fun of someone ***uality, yet you support a bich who admitted on drugging and abusing men for money.

:emma: I’m talking about the biggest clowns of exhale @gapeach704and @Stefani :emma:

At least Shawn and Camila don’t suck D’s for radio plays unlike Various Artists B Listers! :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

@Slayer name calling is allowed on the site? I don't believe myself and @Stefani deserved this treatment just for stating the truth about Nicki Minaj.  It's not our fault that Nicki's fans are walking around the world with swollen balls and are insecure in her failing starpower these days. :snapney_tongue_lick_snapchat_britney_funny_p: Let me go stream "Planet Her" by the QUEEN of Rap, Doja Cat.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 minute ago, gapeach704 said:

@Slayer name calling is allowing on the site? I don't believe myself and @Stefani deserved this treatment just for stating the truth about Nicki Minaj.  It's not our fault that Nicki's fans are walking around the world with swollen balls and are insecure in her failing starpower these days. :snapney_tongue_lick_snapchat_britney_funny_p: Let me go stream "Planet Her" by the QUEEN of Rap, Doja Cat.

Yet you and the other one are on the comments making fun about someone’s ***uality. This thread doesn’t even involve Nicki, yet the insecurity in you had to bring her up or are you pressed because Boringmani was overshadowed by Camila two times in a row? :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Style. said:

Yet you and the other one are on the comments making fun about someone’s ***uality. This thread doesn’t even involve Nicki, yet the insecurity in you had to bring her up or are you pressed because Boringmani was overshadowed by Camila two times in a row? :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

I didn't post that thread about Shawn saying Camila's outfit is "giving Cher" lol.  The king @Jordan Miller did (hey king!). I myself am I gay man so, that argument isn't going to work with me.  You're coming after me because I said Nicki Minaj is a struggling rap star...and that's the truth.  That is a fact.  I wish you well, and hope you don't suffer from swollen balls like her cousins friend who is no longer getting married.  I hear streaming Doja Cat can help reduce the swelling. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment

People are suffering outside because they don’t feel comfortable in their own skin, yet this clown @gapeach704is making fun about a MAN and the way he chooses to express himself. Did you know that more and more men are dying because they don’t speak up? This society is sick and these comments are making me vomit!

I don’t know what’s worse, me calling this clown the biggest clown of exhale or his cyber bullying! :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

Link to comment
Just now, Style. said:

People are suffering outside because they don’t feel comfortable in their own skin, yet this clown @gapeach704is making fun about a MAN and the way he chooses to express himself. Did you know that more and more men are dying because they don’t speak up? This society is sick and these comments are making me vomit!

I don’t know what’s worse, me calling this clown the biggest clown of exhale or his cyber bullying! :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

I'm not making fun of anyone.  I'm stating facts that A) Nicki Minaj is a struggling rapper; and B) I hope you don't have swollen balls like her cousins friend who is no longer getting married.  Once again, streaming Doja Cat is said to help alleviate swelling, anxiety, and insomnia.  Stream Planet Her 

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block