Shawn Mendes on Camila's look: it's giving Cher

3 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

How are the replies here internalized homophobia? 

A lot of gay men do things as children that are considered to be 'feminine' and get negative reactions from other people. It can cause them to 'de-feminize' growing up and can even lead to internalized homophobia/hetero***ism and a worshipping of masculinity within the gay community. It's been linked to prejudice from gay men against guys showing any form of femininity.

I just find it interesting how guys (gay, bi***ual or straight) can't go against the masculine stereotype without everyone labelling them a certain way (closeted, power bottom, 'pillow princess') or forcing them to 'come out'. Some of the comments here are very similar to what a lot of us experienced as teenagers from our straight peers. Ironically, this could just be Shawn being his true authentic self and instead of embracing it, we're trying to force him into a box that I'm sure we've all been forced into ourselves.

I wasn't trying to start a massive debate or cause offense, I actually just find it interesting. 

Also for the people calling me a 'woke' Gen Z...I'm 27. None of this is even new information, it dates back decades.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, gapeach704 said:

I'm not making fun of anyone.  I'm stating facts that A) Nicki Minaj is a struggling rapper; and B) I hope you don't have swollen balls like her cousins friend who is no longer getting married.  Once again, streaming Doja Cat is said to help alleviate swelling, anxiety, and insomnia.  Stream Planet Her 

I’m really knot the person who report other users and stuff, but since you brought @Slayerin this discussion I had to @ him and analyze your behavior. You constantly make homophobic remarks, pokes fun at mental health and derail the conversations, turning them into a disgusting aim towards the most successful female rapper and pop star of all time, Nicki Minaj. I’m pretty sure you’re time is UP! :emma:

2 hours ago, Rik said:

It’s internalized homophobia because it suggests that because he is Traditionally or rather, stereotypically feminine in his commentary, he is somehow gay or should be forced to come out. It shows that even though many of you are in fact gay, you still view him as somehow in denial of his truth and therefore subordinate in a way. It might not be as advert because we are all marginalized but know your bias 

and to the person who litetally is telling someone to go to atrl because this is a millnnial site, you sound like an absolute ignorant person. Internalized homophobia has existed long before a 30 something year old and will remain discourse long after. And just for the record, as someone who is in fact sandwiched in between millennials and gen z, I can safely say that gen z is far more progressive and will be the change that millennials and gen z wish they had. 

Go watch some south park and learn sarcasm and try to understand jokes.

And don't essay me ever again. Put me on ignore. After all, I am an ignorant so... put me on ignore list hun.

And good luck with that essay of yours!

xYdMfB3.gif

6 minutes ago, Style. said:

I’m really knot the person who report other users and stuff, but since you brought @Slayerin this discussion I had to @ him and analyze your behavior. You constantly make homophobic remarks, pokes fun at mental health and derail the conversations, turning them into a disgusting aim towards the most successful female rapper and pop star of all time, Nicki Minaj. I’m pretty sure you’re time is UP! :emma:

1) I'm gay...so your homophobic accusation is a lie :clown_meme__makeup_green:

2) I am an advocate for mental health (I stan a mental health goddess) :carpoolney_dance_karaoke_glory_sunglasses_party_raise_roof:

3) Did you just say Nicki Minaj is the most successful female rapper and pop star of all time:hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

4) You're the only one on this site that calls other users names.  I've wished you well on multiple occassions.  You're merely upset because I've continued to say that Nicki Minaj is a rapper with a fledgling career (which is a fendi fact) and you're upset. :boredney_britney_2015_annoyed_eyeroll_hair:

@Slayercan we please have an option to block other users from contacting us?

Just now, gapeach704 said:

1) I'm gay...so your homophobic accusation is a lie

2) I am an advocate for mental health (I stan a mental health goddess)

3) Did you just say Nicki Minaj is the most successful female rapper and pop star of all time:hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

4) You're the only one on this site that calls other users names.  I've wished you well on multiple occassions.  You're merely upset because I've continued to say that Nicki Minaj is a rapper with a fledgling career and you're upset.

@Slayercan we please have an option to block other users from contacting us?

Yes, click on the arrow on the top left hand corner where your username is and there is an option that says 'Ignored Users'.

Please both stop arguing with eachother or move it to DMs as it is ruining and derailing threads.

• Love 2
Just now, Slayer said:

Yes, click on the arrow on the top left hand corner where your username is and there is an option that says 'Ignored Users'.

Please both stop arguing with eachother or move it to DMs as it is ruining and derailing threads.

Thank you! I didn't know this feature existed! Finally, back to happiness and light! **goes back to streaming Jesy's song** :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas: LYLAS!!

1 minute ago, Slayer said:

He’s been tagging me in threads all day long today about Nicki Minaj. I called him out today and made several points, but I guess he’s having a mental breakdown over the fact that Nicki is made to last. Also, he’s incapable to check the facts. :emma:
Jesus Christ, imagine this thing @gapeach704 blocking me. The heat must’ve HIT him harder than the way Roman Zolanski hit Lil Kim and Cosby B. :emma:

1 minute ago, Style. said:

He’s been tagging me in threads all day long today about Nicki Minaj. I called him out today and made several points, but I guess he’s having a mental breakdown over the fact that Nicki is made to last. Also, he’s incapable to check the facts. :emma:
Jesus Christ, imagine this thing @gapeach704 blocking me. The heat must’ve HIT him harder than the way Roman Zolanski hit Lil Kim and Cosby B. :emma:

Doja Cat remains the Queen of Rap. Wishing you well!!!!

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Busybee said:

Hi :jamie_lynn_grape: your friendly neighborhood straight female here. Can someone explain to me the difference between a bottom and a power bottom im genuinely curious.  Only answer if it's within community guidelines im not trying to get anyone in trouble.

A "power bottom" is basically a dominant bottom, so he'll take charge in all the...stuff.

I like my guys submissive OK TMI.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, cillaward said:

A lot of gay men do things as children that are considered to be 'feminine' and get negative reactions from other people. It can cause them to 'de-feminize' growing up and can even lead to internalized homophobia/hetero***ism and a worshipping of masculinity within the gay community. It's been linked to prejudice from gay men against guys showing any form of femininity.

I just find it interesting how guys (gay, bi***ual or straight) can't go against the masculine stereotype without everyone labelling them a certain way (closeted, power bottom, 'pillow princess') or forcing them to 'come out'. Some of the comments here are very similar to what a lot of us experienced as teenagers from our straight peers. Ironically, this could just be Shawn being his true authentic self and instead of embracing it, we're trying to force him into a box that I'm sure we've all been forced into ourselves.

I wasn't trying to start a massive debate or cause offense, I actually just find it interesting. 

Also for the people calling me a 'woke' Gen Z...I'm 27. None of this is even new information, it dates back decades.

This entire comment just resonated a lot with me. Thank you

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block