Lil Nas X has released the music video for his new single ''THATS WHAT I WANT''

No Seas Cortes

8 minutes ago, The One and Only said:

Honey, you should know that something that is part of you IDENTITY like liking men is hard and painful to hide and when you are openly gay, you express it without ''trying hard'', it's just normal thing to do.

Honey Mtv Awards 2019 GIF by MTV Movie & TV Awards

Yeah I get that, but he is starting to look like a one trick pony. Constantly using your ***uality will get old fast. Look up George Michael and Elton John. It’s possible to be gay and successful without having to let the whole world know you’re gay in every music video. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, britney_rocks said:

Yeah I get that, but he is starting to look like a one trick pony. Constantly using your ***uality will get old fast. Look up George Michael and Elton John. It’s possible to be gay and successful without having to let the whole world know you’re gay in every music video. 

I think he knows it sells and it's controversial so he uses it. But yeah, it can get old fast. He can totally change his style in next era, I don't think he's stupid in that marketing thing. 

Btw look at straight artists. They use their ***uality like crazy so why is it only wrong when a gay dude does that?

• Love 2
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, The One and Only said:

I think he knows it sells and it's controversial so he uses it. But yeah, it can get old fast. He can totally change his style in next era, I don't think he's stupid in that marketing thing. 

Btw look at straight artists. They use their ***uality like crazy so why is it only wrong when a gay dude does that?

You’re right, straight artists use their ***uality a lot and I think it’s just as tacky. Even Britney making 90% of her songs about partying and hooking up got old pretty fast. That’s why I was excited for Britney Jean, and was hoping it would be her Ray of Light with more deep songs and something more personal but we all know how that turned out. 

33 minutes ago, Style. said:

It made me feel things, is it because it’s so relatable to our lives? I’m touched and now I’m listening to the song with Miley Cyrus. I honestly want to cry. :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad: 

I know @Urbanneylikes him so I would like to see your review, honey. Where’s the official thread of Lil Nas X new album streaming party? :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

I’m honored that you are thinking of me :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

My day is loaded up with meetings today, but I’m definitely going to try to find some time to listen it distraction-free at some point. I’m not usually a lyrics person, but I’m really interested to hear what he wrote given he’s one of the first major gay popstars and has been using those experiences a lot in his art this era. 

The fact that this one made you want to cry makes me even more excited. I’ve been needing some good gay music in my life :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

Have you listened to the whole album yet? Thoughts?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

Sweetie, George Michael literally released songs about cruising, videos about cruising, songs about being a '***ual Freeeak!" with bondage inspired videos. Elton John was writing songs about Marilyn Monroe, The Yellow Brick Road, and him being gay without even singing it was hugely controversial at the time.

Referencing gay and queer artists from the 80's, 90's etc. without referencing the cultural context of their career, image and the socio-political landscapes is pointless. I mean, we're talking just ten years after Stonewall, and other monumental moments in Queer history and activism. In Ireland, being literally wasn't legal until the year I was born.

Of course, they weren't going to be as risqué as acts today, but they're not the gold standard when people globally had no legal rights and were still shunned for being gay or queer.

If you're so triggered by a gay man singing about gay expiriences that are far more relatable to gay people than anything any straight male artists has released, check yourself.

• Like 3

This a great video and a good song. He always have great visuals.

I don't get the comments "we get it, you’re gay". Most pop stars, including Britney, have countless of sëxual music videos, but no one said "we get it, you are straight".

He is one the first mainstream successful artists being able to display gay and queer artistry without having to hold back.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

What does that even mean? Why can't he kiss a guy in his music videos? He is gay? Do you make the same commentary in Britney Spears videos? Her videos are all about being ****. You can treat it as a regular human act (love and wanting love) instead of calling the gay orientation some kind of fad to gain fame 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

Like we get it, you’re gay. 

I’m sorry but what’s the difference when females do it in their videos. It’s refreshing af to see this IMO. 

We constantly are seeing straight people do the same thing only difference is it’s a gay dude. 

Push that “gay agenda” I’m here for it. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

S** and ***uality are in every modern day music video. Every Britney video.

So quit with the discrimination and turn your head if you don’t like freedom of expression.
Nobody expresses gay ***uality as much as Nas so he is doing something nobody else is doing and making it his brand. Hence it never gets old cuz nobody has done it as exquisite, multi-layered and “big budget” like him and the underlying message is honourable, needed and i love it 💗.

Pure, unapologetic gay aesthetics Heart Love GIF by SHINYLUV.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block