Thoughts on Lil Nas X?

He’s living his best life. He’s not only pushing boundaries in the industry, he’s crossing his own boundaries. The fact that people want to try to divert from that with their own inner homophobia, is disgusting. He’s an artist and takes this seriously, even if it is for fun. He knows what’s at stake and he’s taking everything that has been taboo or put against him and giving it back in his own way. People will have their opinions, but this is a huge deal for little African American boys and girls across the planet, to have someone of his stature represent what their future could be. Let him be. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Stefani said:

I think he's generally a bad person. I don't see his status as a member of the LGBT+ community as a positive, especially since most of his stunts reinforce harmful gay stereotypes. In terms of his personality, he's basically the worst parts of Madonna, Nicki, Cardi, Gaga and Demi rolled into one body. There's nothing praiseworthy about him constantly moving from gimmick to gimmick for attention just for a couple of hits. Granted, I tolerated his cowboy phase because it was generally creative and different, but then he went down the Satanic and hypersexual road just to promote shoes and anger Christians, which backfired considering that he's being sued over those shoes. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

I will also never forget his comments on his various Twitter alt accounts that were outed as being him a few years ago, such as his Islamophobic posts, racist comments about Beyonce's daughter, and the hundreds of other problematic things that he used to say before he got famous. A leopard never changes its spots. :angietea_angelina_jolie_tea_sips_coffee_mug_cup_drink_spilling_spill:

You don't have to like him, thats your subjective choice. But everything you're saying is basically nonsense. We don't know the real personality of any celebrity, I don't know why we think we have such a connection to big stars. 

And I think you're missing the whole point of his "gimmicks", it's all actually quite smart from a psychology/marketing point of view. He has all of us talking, he has a huge fanbase now, and he knows how to get your attention. Remember the old saying "any press is good press" and that is quite literally true today. BTW he didn't end up getting sued for the shoes, he used that press for the concept of his latest music video, the whole thing was for marketing. He is now collaborating with Tony Hawk - who is selling a skateboard with his blood in it.

Remember, people said the exact same with Britney when she first came out...

And also, "i'll never forget" is such a personal thing to say, don't take celebrity pop culture so seriously. It's better for your mental health.

Good Vibes! :yeahhh_britney_oops_red_fist_cheer_yeah_smile_happy:

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, A.a.A said:

Remember, people said the exact same with Britney when she first came out...

And also, "i'll never forget" is such a personal thing to say, don't take celebrity pop culture so seriously. It's better for your mental health.

Good Vibes! :yeahhh_britney_oops_red_fist_cheer_yeah_smile_happy:

The fact that you're comparing the public's reaction of Britney's debut to Lil Nas X's is ludicrous. They haven't faced the same stigmas nor did Britney ever do anything nearly as desperate as Lil Nas X's various gimmicks, at least not during her first era. Apples =/= oranges.

And excuse me, but how dare you tell me not to take it seriously when I was talking about Lil Nas X's racist and Islamophobic past from his NasMaraj account? How is racism and Islamophobia not worth getting bothered over? If this were any other rapper or popstar that y'all already hate you'd be dragging him over the coals for weeks as y'all do to artists like Demi, but I keep reading these cries of "LGBT!" when it comes to Lil Nas X, as if him being a gay black man somehow excuses his bull****. :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking:

• Like 2

I really like him and some of his music. I also appreciate the fact he could've stayed working on like, meme commercial music and image in the style of old town road, but he really is doing his own thing instead and I love it. One thing I don't really like is that it does seem that sometimes he tries too hard, but I still would take this type of flaw over being...well, bland, so I am fine with it. 

I used to not like him . The satanic **** was a no go for me . Also hauling his ***uality for thrill …… but as a Britney fan can I rlly say that …. No! Because she did too .

Just happens to be that he is gay . He gets so much hate and the way he responds and carries on is actually kind of awesome. He has respect for those who came before him and his tubes are catchy I’d be lying if I said they were not .

I love if a female is controversial like our girl used to be all the damn time … then she kicks *** .

Now a gay male is doing it and he is trying to hard ? Ok Jan 

I've only seen a couple of his videos and I think a performance from SNL.

For the kind of stuff he does, I feel like the music doesn't match with it. He should do pop, uptempo music with proper choreographies. I don't know if he has the voice or the dancing skills, but it would make much more sense with the whole image he's trying to pull.

About the "controversy" he may spark, I'd think nothing would surprise people in 2021, after all the stuff we've seen since the days of Lady Gaga and such. I seriously can't think of anything that at this point in life could be too weird, or too ***ual or too gay or too much whatever, but here we are.

I personally don't find it amusing, not because I feel offended or whatever, but again, I just feel unimpressed, however I recognize no one else is doing what he does, so props to him. I just find his music so far very boring (what I've heard, anyway).

• Super Mods

I didn’t know what to think of him at first, but ever since he sent the Christians spiraling I had to stan! :emma: I do like Montero and the video, along with the other songs he has released for the album thus far. I appreciate that he stays being himself despite what the naysayers do! A true unbothered king bringing the powerbottom representation we deserve! :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Love 1
2 hours ago, eduardo1993 said:

He is super fking hot 🤤

I know…. 😩

17 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

I didn’t know what to think of him at first, but ever since he sent the Christians spiraling I had to stan! :emma: I do like Montero and the video, along with the other songs he has released for the album thus far. I appreciate that he stays being himself despite what the naysayers do! A true unbothered king bringing the powerbottom representation we deserve! :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

I LOVE U THANK GOD UR ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF EXHALE HISTORY :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block